Love Triangle or Tease

Use this forum to discuss the December 2021 Book of the month, "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.
angelbhengu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelbhengu.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Re: Love Triangle or Tease

Post by angelbhengu »

I think that she was fair to herself, it may have not been fair to the boys but she was exploring her feelings for both men, so she did herself justice.
Luchris_klaus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-klaus.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Luchris_klaus »

It happens most times, girls would always stick with two guys until they find the perfect match, and sometimes they don't care how it affects the guys. I don't think it is fair.
SnowStorm244
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Courageous
Currently Reading: Looking Glass Friends
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowstorm244.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by SnowStorm244 »

I believe that the love towards Sebastian was real and true. However, my problem was with the relationship with Alexander. It didn't make much sense, and seemed there only for more conflict.
Owuamanam Eberechukwu
Currently Reading: All will be revealed
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-owuamanam-eberechukwu.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa

Post by Owuamanam Eberechukwu »

valeriejane wrote: 10 Dec 2021, 18:09 Was Cecilia being fair to Sebastian? She came on strong and won him over, then she is kissing Alexander. She can't deny that passion and the connection, but where was the passion for Sebastian? Was is fair for her to string both boys along, until she made a choice? Was it her demonic side that created the triangle and loved the attention?
I feel there is nothing demonic about this. It’s natural to consider your suitors and options before making a choice. She wanted to be sure that her feelings for Sebastian is deep; at the same time, she wanted to test her love for Alexander. It is natural for me and not demonic at all.
"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."
Tracee Ellis Ross
Vivian Stones
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-stones.html
Latest Review: The Silicon Divide by Danielle Nowell

Post by Vivian Stones »

I really don't like people who find it difficult making a choice, especially in relationships, you should know what you want and stick to it. She was unfair to sabastine. Caused an unnecessary love triangle
Cwilde13
Currently Reading: Watership Down
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwilde13.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Cwilde13 »

I don't think that the existence of the love triangle should be attributed to her demonic side. I think Cecelia, as someone experiencing her first (human) relationship, was simply confused by her strong feelings for both boys. Like anyone else in that situation, it was probably difficult to decode her feelings and decide who she cared for more.
Joseph Umeokafor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-umeokafor.html
Latest Review: Hemingway's Daughter by Christine M. Whitehead

Post by Joseph Umeokafor »

Cecilia's act was not fair, but we shouldn't be surprised because it was part of her demonic nature that caused a twist in her desire.
Abi McCoy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abi-mccoy.html
Latest Review: The Scrolls of the Bonefairy Castle by David Spiegel

Post by Abi McCoy »

I felt that this love triangle, like most love triangles written in young adult books, didn't add to the story and was harmful overall. Cecilia talks about being amazed and in awe at finally falling in love and how much she cherishes Sebastian, but then she kisses Alexander back when he repeatedly forces himself on her AND even seeks him out afterwards. For a 200-year-old being, this was absurd behavior. I really disliked the author including this.
Fay KM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fay-km.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Fay KM »

I don't believe it was her demonic side. It may just be her confusion about Sebastian and Alexander being the right ones. Sebastian is more like a friend, but she may have some lingering feelings towards him? There are numerous people who have created a love triangle for not only attention but also because they were unclear about choosing the perfect man, whilst trying hard not to hurt the other guy.
Hogwarts03
Currently Reading: Shatter Me
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hogwarts03.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Hogwarts03 »

I would chalk this action up to adolescence. Even though Cecilia has strong feelings for Sebastian, she also has unexplored feelings for Alexander which is why she kissed him- to find out whether her feelings for him are as strong as they are for Sebastian. I agree that it was wrong for her to do that, but I believe it worked out in the end because she realized who she really wanted to be with.
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

As much as the action might not be fair to Sebastian, I believe she controls her emotions, and I don't want to believe it is her demonic part leading her on. With her demonic nature, she has her choice to make, which she made consciously.
Raymonda onwuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymonda-onwuka.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Raymonda onwuka »

I read somewhere that demons tend to be polygamous and cannot resist it. That being the case I will attribute her actions to her demonic instincts.
KingPraise001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingpraise001.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by KingPraise001 »

I believe Cecilia is in a dilemma. The best thing for her to do is to separate herself from both guys and gather her thoughts. She can't love two guys simultaneously
Jennifer Garcia 555
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-garcia-555.html
Latest Review: Somebody’s Watching You by Robin D'Amato

Post by Jennifer Garcia 555 »

I think she was truly conflicted about her feelings, and also she is a selfish person. She wanted to be loyal to Seb but her demon nature pulled her to the demon and she struggled to resist.
“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” — L. M. Montgomery
Iva Stoyanova
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iva-stoyanova.html
Latest Review: Tau Ceti: A Ship from Earth by George T. Hahn
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Iva Stoyanova »

It's not fair to Sebastian if her feelings are really true. Even if the kiss doesn't mean anything it's still kind of betrayal, and maybe her demonic self just plays its part.
"You can be more aware and more present simply by resting in the present moment, open to all that is, without trying to control it or grasp it with the mind. Truly, a marvelous way of being!"

Richard L. Haight

Return to “Discuss "vagabond" by Mary A.J.”