Vagabond's Cover Artwork

Use this forum to discuss the December 2021 Book of the month, "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Re: Vagabond's Cover Artwork

Post by Adaeze Joan »

I feel like the book cover does not usually represent what the book talks about most times, it all depends on how the author wants to represent the book. I feel the saying "Don't judge a book by it's cover applies in in books too.
T22H
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by T22H »

The cover of the book really reflects the content. The uniqueness of the artwork reflects the author's work. 
Reading_Jack
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-jack.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Reading_Jack »

The cover back was nice and it matched. The time piece depicted the time factor in the novel.
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

If you're not already familiar with the book or the author, book covers have the purpose of getting you to pick up the book, consider the title, and look further to see if you want to read it. At least that's what they do when you see them in the library or a bookstore. Online books rely even more heavily on the cover image along with the title to attract attention. They have to motivate you to locate and read reviews and descriptions. I like the book cover of Vagabond but don't find anything about it that relates to the book title or the story.
dcruzsammy
Currently Reading: Wilderness Cry
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dcruzsammy.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by dcruzsammy »

I think it's symbolic to the overall theme of the story. I find the cover good. It definitely did attract my attention when I first saw it. It kinda is generic-ish, but it's fancy.
Macharia Kariuki
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-macharia-kariuki.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Macharia Kariuki »

Even before getting into the book the cover plus the tittle portrays something different at the back of the reader's mind as both are more than attractive and informative. What a book.
Sarai Burgos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarai-burgos.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Sarai Burgos »

I'm the type of person who is completely guided by a book cover, it's part of the personality of the book, personally I quite like the cover of Vagabon, but it can seem similar to other books of the same genre.
I liked it, but it could have been more innovative
jimmy02
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy02.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by jimmy02 »

Amy Luman wrote: 15 Feb 2022, 19:22 The cover IS very pretty. To be honest, I didn’t realize that the picture was of a pocket watch, but it does make sense. I do think that it is representative of the book, but the watch is such a small part of the story that it’s misleading.
I agree Amy! I didn't realise that the artwork included a pocket watch. For me the, the cover art was well, very vague. From the title, I was expecting a romance or a teen thriller type of novel. And the cover gave me almost no clues as to what the book was about.
There is no friend as loyal as a book.
~ Ernst Hemingway

:techie-studyingbrown:
Barbara Willeford
Currently Reading: Contagion Domination
Bookshelf Size: 47

Post by Barbara Willeford »

The cover of the artwork of the book "Vagabond" is so beautiful. The author really wanted to portray how time has been on the character side. I feel the clock is a symbolic item that shows the internal Battle of good versus evil that she is facing. She is so tired of who she is that she goes to a human High School. She is biting this love triangle with Sebastian in one hand and Alexander in the other which hand will be the first to strike. Now with the author had more younger readers take another look at this book if they had a princess of hell coming up and two guys fighting over her? Who's to say but I don't feel that is their style. They want something timeless elegant and priceless and this piece of artwork shows that. When you're scrolling through a page is your eyes that draw you in and this cover makes you stop to see what it is about. And then you have to go to the description and as you're reading it that description pulls you in, so for me this was the perfect piece of artwork for this book.
Tristar Bonnick 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tristar-bonnick-1.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Tristar Bonnick 1 »

The book cover really piques your interest. The book cover really gives you the vibe that its gonna be a great book. It is a great design.
Sonia Singh 1
Favorite Book: The Da Vinci Code
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonia-singh-1.html
Latest Review: Hemingway's Daughter by Christine M. Whitehead

Post by Sonia Singh 1 »

I honestly are drawn to colors of the book and to the cover but what compels me completely is the summary at the back.
OTrain Disene
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flight Quack
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otrain-disene.html
Latest Review: Mysteries by Graham Wilson

Post by OTrain Disene »

Funny enough, it is the one thing that drew me to the book. I think it was just symbolical enough. It let out just enough to have you teased and interested.
M Herbst
Currently Reading: King of Scars
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-m-herbst.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by M Herbst »

I really enjoy the cover art! It sets an appropriate mood, and give a glimpse of what can be expected without giving away too much. Its also not too complicated and I love that they didn't include the characters, that way I got to imagine them exactly how I wanted to.
Anuvamsha S A
Currently Reading: The Hobbit
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anuvamsha-s-a.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Anuvamsha S A »

The cover of the book is wonderful. The pocket watch at the center signifies the whole story. I agree the time piece was more relevant and symbolizes without uncovering the story.
julietmumbua23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julietmumbua23.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by julietmumbua23 »

I find the cover intriguing. There are a lot of things that could be symbolized by a clock so one cannot truly tell.

Return to “Discuss "vagabond" by Mary A.J.”