Vagabond's Cover Artwork

Use this forum to discuss the December 2021 Book of the month, "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.
Menace Crypto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India) by Dieter Gartelmann

Re: Vagabond's Cover Artwork

Post by Menace Crypto »

I think the cover is perfect. The design is nice and the clock symbolizes time. The cover photo does well to pique the interest of the readers and also gives a slight idea of what to expect leading the reader to start the reading journey.
Alyssa444
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alyssa444.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by Alyssa444 »

I think the cover is really pretty and ancient looking, but I think a collage-like cover would have been more interesting with the compass worked into the background. Some kind of action-like scene with fire and red eyes and other aspects of the story. I think just having the compass gives away too much of the story. But I have to admit, the cover is usually what draws me in!
Mrunal Tikekar
Currently Reading: Heartquake
Bookshelf Size: 291
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrunal-tikekar.html
Latest Review: Send Her Back and Other Stories by Munashe Kaseke

Post by Mrunal Tikekar »

I do judge books by their cover. I often pick books that have covers that justify the title and plot of the story. This one was a simple cover, but symbolic enough. I did not think it was perfect, at the same time, it was not too boring as well.
Marisol Mendez
Currently Reading: Milk and Honey
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisol-mendez.html
Latest Review: Wandering Feelings by Boyko Ovcharov

Post by Marisol Mendez »

I really admired the artwork for this cover. It is actually one of the many things about this book that caught my interest.
kaylyn stacy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylyn-stacy.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by kaylyn stacy »

I liked it a lot! I thought it was unique. It's the reason I looked to see the synopsis of the book.
Kidd Essence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kidd-essence.html
Latest Review: Fast-Starting A Career of Consequence by Fred Sievert

Post by Kidd Essence »

Raquel Sojo wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 22:07 I find the cover too generic. In terms of design it's striking, it offers certain historical features with the lettering and decorative elements, but I find it similar to many covers of books about time travel or mysteries. I always look forward to covers that tell me something about the story and this one leaves me a bit blank.
I agree. Other than the book summary on the back of a book, the cover is what ultimately sways me whether or not to read any book.
Joy C
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 558
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-c.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Joy C »

I agree with you on judging a book by its cover. I do that often. For Vagabond, I feel the cover is quite generic and not necessarily correlated to the story or even the book title. The author probably wanted to illustrate light in darkness, or something without necessarily disclosing what the book is about.
Begin always with the end in mind. :techie-studyingbrown:
Stellah Chege
Currently Reading: Black Hat/White Hat: A tale of Good is Evil
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stellah-chege.html
Latest Review: Addressing Systemic Discrimination by Reframing the Problem by Dr. Frank L. Douglas

Post by Stellah Chege »

I love the books cover and art. It seems like there's fire and a pendant looking clock that promises mystery and paranormal activities. It also seems like an intense book just from the looks of it. Great work
Charlize Venter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlize-venter.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Charlize Venter »

The cover art does indeed hold hidden messages regarding the contents of the book. The timepiece which holds the focus of the viewer then begins to seep into the rest of the page holds relevance to the concept of time itself, as there are characters in the text who chronologically age to greater years. The colors are also captivating, the golden lattices the flare from the pocket watch captured my attention.
Indeed, this cover may not be exceptionally unique, yet it continues to hold a message in a shelves full of books where readers wonder which to read next.
Hussein21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hussein21.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Hussein21 »

I think don't judge a book by its cover is applicable to the novel. If considering the cover, I doubt I would have read it as I could not even process how the clock relates to the novel in the first place
Abisolalawal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abisolalawal.html
Latest Review: Wellness Toolbox by Don Roberts

Post by Abisolalawal »

You cannot afford to judge this book by its cover. This cover may not be extremely unique but it manages to carry an impression that would make anyone want to read.
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1033
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

I too judge books by their covers; I'd never pick a book here, if I had to ignore the covers and just read the synopsis for all the books in the genres I like! With that being said, I do love the design of this cover, and think it gives the potential reader just the tiniest taste of what's inside, enough to get them to at least see what it's about.
Aarushi Pareek
Favorite Book: The Alchemist
Currently Reading: Hallowed Ground
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarushi-pareek.html
Latest Review: Hallowed Ground by Cindy Ziperman

Post by Aarushi Pareek »

The book's cover is extremely creative. It's the artwork that attracted me to read the book.
Michaela Gordoni
Currently Reading: Timeline
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaela-gordoni.html
Latest Review: Exploring Wine Regions – Bordeaux France by Michael C. Higgins, PhD

Post by Michaela Gordoni »

MsTri wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 19:26 I too judge books by their covers; I'd never pick a book here, if I had to ignore the covers and just read the synopsis for all the books in the genres I like! With that being said, I do love the design of this cover, and think it gives the potential reader just the tiniest taste of what's inside, enough to get them to at least see what it's about.
I agree with that. The book cover doesn't directly relate with the title but it does give a little taste and has nice colors and overall an aesthetic appearance.
Buk Nerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-buk-nerd.html
Latest Review: Ribzkniks by Y M Georges

Post by Buk Nerd »

I believe the book cover depicts an apt representation of the story without giving away much. The time piece is largely symbolic and works very well, in my opinion.
"Literature is the most agreeable way of ignoring life." - Fernando Pessoa :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Discuss "vagabond" by Mary A.J.”