Reading record of Michelle

Members of the forum can keep notes about their reading. You can post your notes and opinions about what you're reading. Kind of like a personal reading blog, but in thread format, and where other members would be able to read and interact with you. And, of course, you would be able to read and interact with other members.
MichelleYong
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelleyong.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Icon Reading record of Michelle

Post by MichelleYong »

I only recently explored the forums, and did not know that this one was created so long ago! My thoughts about books may be quite immature and less knowledgeable compared to others in club.:oops: I digress. I want to post my thoughts on the books that I read so far!

My first book is Requiem of a Queen, did not really like it. The erotic scenes and abuse are way over the top.

Killing Abel was my second read. I loved that book so much I wanted to know more about where and how the author got the idea. So while reading that, I searched up the Book of Genesis, and the tale was intriguing! What really blows my mind is that the author can add so much details to the events that happened in the bible to make it a full story.

*Will update soon*
MichelleYong
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by MichelleYong »

My third book is either Wild World or Terms of service. Wild world is a so-so story to me, I didn't find it to be very exciting. Steve was alienated just because he does not do things the same way and had different backgrounds. Now that I think about it, in real life, people tend to avoid those that are too different from them.
MichelleYong

Post by MichelleYong »

Terms of service is legit the best book I have read on this platform, so much that I am currently reading Prophecy of the Heron right now, I don't even care if I get paid or not. Anyway, that's a story for another time.

World building in terms of service? Perfect. Plot? Super interesting. The twist? Mind-blowing. The characters? Distinctive. Did I cry when Kimberly got capped? NO MY EYES WERE JUST WATERFALLS. This book is so good! Completely deserving of BOTM, I really wish it gets BOTY! I highly recommend everyone to read it.
MichelleYong

Post by MichelleYong »

The fifth book I read was We are Voulhire: The new arrival under great skies. That book, it's okay. It was a bit boring to read it, but that's a given since it is the first books in the series. I must say that the author has done a great job with the worldbuilding and introducing the characters. If I ever have a review opportunity to read the second book, I will surely make updates to what I think about the series. I hope the author does not end up introducing too many characters to the story, usually those always go down the rabbit hole.

Question: Is the second book available for review? At what reviewer level do I have to be in order to get it?
MichelleYong

Post by MichelleYong »

JT's World, personally, I don't think that book deserves the praise it is getting. The storyline is repetitive and lacks creativity. Most of the action scenes were not intriguing, and the plot is all over the place. I do not recommend reading this book.

Ehmm.. to those who are reviewing the book, do not be as dumb as me to write JTs World instead of JT's World. Even though the title of the book in the email and submission form is JTs World, the editors will tell you to follow the title on the cover, which is JT's World. My review got rejected for this reason.
MichelleYong

Post by MichelleYong »

Shameless plug to my reviews :mrgreen2:

Killing Abel: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=265356

Wild World:
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=268403

Terms of Service:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=268999

Voulhire, book 1:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=270916
MichelleYong

Post by MichelleYong »

I have read Donny and Mary Grace Adventures, which will be the BOTM for May 2023. My thoughts about that I will update on the next post.

I'm itching to talk about Prophecy of The Heron, which is the second book of Terms of Service. How much Kim has changed!! The way she embraces and stays true to herself makes her character feel alive. Her life in the streets is tough, but she adapted. I'm re-reading the book before writing the review, since it is a holiday, I want to binge read it again.
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 1652
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Juris Ex Machina by John W. Maly
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

I have read Prophecy of The Heron. The only issue I really had was every character was "female" in regards to pronoun use. Kim isn't a woman- I discovered that further into the story when mention of genitalia was done. The jumps in time with the master computer was impressive.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF

Return to “Personal Reading Diaries”