JTurn's Reading List 2024

Members of the forum can keep notes about their reading. You can post your notes and opinions about what you're reading. Kind of like a personal reading blog, but in thread format, and where other members would be able to read and interact with you. And, of course, you would be able to read and interact with other members.
Jaclyn Turner 2
Currently Reading: The Watchers
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaclyn-turner-2.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Icon JTurn's Reading List 2024

Post by Jaclyn Turner 2 »

I've had a whole shelf of books in my room full of books that I want to read, and though I may pick one or two when I am 'in between' books I tend to forget about them. This year I'm going to do my best to finally get through them and then put them in my towns Little Free Library to share with others. I feel bad that I have been hoarding them all this time.

I started off the year with the first in a series of three books that I had read way back in my teen years. I had loved these books, part YA romance (barely), some mystery, with a side of paranormal. I recently got the set as a gift and added it to the "Shelf" to read later. Since they were shorter than most of the other books on my shelf, I thought starting with these would help get my momentum going.

The first book is Remember Me by Christopher Pike. After the re-read, I still like the book and I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series (The Return; The Last Story).

Here is the list of other books I want to get through this year and clean off that shelf!! {So I can add more books to it :) }

Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
The Lost Apothecary by Sarah Penner
See ME Not by Janelle Harris
Poster Girl by Veronica Roth
The Idiot by Elif Batuman
Cloud Cuckoo Land by Anthony Doerr
One Eyed Cat by Paula Fox
Project 333 by Courtney Carver
Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer
Stern Men by Elizabeth Gilbert
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Johnathan Foer
The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate by Jacqueline Kelly
Fifteen by Beverly Cleary. (I have a soon to be tween and wanted to re-read this to see if she'd like to read it too)
Goosebumps Most wanted: Planet of the Lawn Gnomes by RL Stine (a throwback to some of the first scary books I read as a kid before I moved onto Stephen King, a friend got it signed by the author)
Julie of the Wolves by Jean George
Salem's Lot by Stephen King (one of the first of his that I read many years ago, and I want to re-read it since I don't remember much)

Wish me luck! I'm gonna need it since I keep getting distracted by the book of the day!
Jaclyn Turner 2
Currently Reading: The Watchers
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaclyn-turner-2.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by Jaclyn Turner 2 »

Of course I didn't even get to one of these books yet. I walked by my local Little Free Library and they had Mother Daughter Murder Night available and U've heard good things about it so I scooped it up! Happy to report it was a great read, now back to my shelf!

Return to “Personal Reading Diaries”