Ending

Use this forum to discuss the January 2022 Book of the month, "The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden" by Londyn Skye.
TUSHAR_4041
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Re: Ending

Post by TUSHAR_4041 »

I expected a better ending of the story. The author must have thought that abrupt ending would encourage readers to read the next book in the series, but that wasn't the case.
Abdullah daliath
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abdullah-daliath.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Abdullah daliath »

I agree I found the sequel abrupt but that does not necessarily mean I won’t read the sequel.I guess we will just have to see.
Mrunal Tikekar
Currently Reading: Heartquake
Bookshelf Size: 293
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrunal-tikekar.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Mrunal Tikekar »

I did not think the ending was too abrupt. It was unexpected and suspenseful. The author readers in a perfect cliffhanger and I found myself anticipating the next book. I think the ending was well-planned and executed effectively.
Hhannahh
Currently Reading: The Smartest Person in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hhannahh.html
Latest Review: The Whaler's Daughter by Jerry Mikorenda

Post by Hhannahh »

About the ending... Yes, it was confusing, but abrupt, it wasn't. The ending of this book was unexpected, which makes the book an unconventional romance novel. More so, the ending of this book was why I jumped into the second installment. So I think the ending is perfect.
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

Umm the cliffhanger in the end definitely added suspense to the story but I do agree it wasn't really necessary. I didn't mind the ending but it wasn't that effective.
brooke oakes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brooke-oakes.html
Latest Review: The Intelligence Factor by Erik Fisher

Post by brooke oakes »

The ending did seem very abrupt to me. I’m not a fan of endings that make you feel like the author hit a brick wall and just didn’t want to write any more. There could have been more details explained and the story could have had some sort of tie into the next book.
Danielle Briggs
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielle-briggs.html
Latest Review: Moonlit Nights by Jacob Parr

Post by Danielle Briggs »

I felt the events of the ending were due to come at some point, but the way it was written was definitely abrupt and odd feeling. I felt that the negative effects of Lily's show should have happened long before the end, and that by including them then, it felt rushed and did not hold as much weight as it should have.
Marija Savic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marija-savic.html
Latest Review: Faults by Orion Gregory
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Marija Savic »

This end of the book is everything I didn't expect. I'm completely perplexed, but I believe it's good because it leaves a lot of options for the next book.
Amenrodion
Currently Reading: Fates Sweet Passion
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amenrodion.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Amenrodion »

I felt the author spent so much time on the conflict that they ran out of steam when it came to giving us a proper ending but this might also mean that there us a sequel coming
Stellah Chege
Currently Reading: Black Hat/White Hat: A tale of Good is Evil
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stellah-chege.html
Latest Review: Addressing Systemic Discrimination by Reframing the Problem by Dr. Frank L. Douglas

Post by Stellah Chege »

I agree that the ending was off. It left me angry than satisfied and a bit unwilling to read the sequel. I had hoped that love would win in the end and lily wouldn't have to experience pain.. But it was disappointing and left me feeling discontented.
Oyedele Tomijane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cleverspider001.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Oyedele Tomijane »

Wesusa wrote: 01 Jan 2022, 13:20 A common trend permeating a great many of the reviews of "The Prodigy Slave" on the site revolve around its cryptic ending. I recently read through it, and although I enjoyed the book for the most part, I too was a bit confused by the ending. While I quite enjoyed its significance to the story and its nature of being a cliffhanger does induce some excitement for the sequel, I don't think it stuck the landing completely. It felt a bit abrupt and not cohesive enough. What did you think of the ending? Was it effective, or did it simply not need to happen?
I, too, enjoyed reading the book and was impressed by the character development, but I agree that the ending was too cryptic. It was abrupt, and while I believe it was done to facilitate the entry of a sequel, it could have been done more effectively because I did not receive the necessary closure.
Yulisa Sanchez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yulisa-sanchez.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Yulisa Sanchez »

Mounce574 wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 15:45 The ending left me hanging but I think it was intentional. It was a motivator to make you want to read the second book because the result could go in several different directions.
I agree that the ending was open ended to continue with a sequel. And although abrupt, it did not hinder my reading experience. I'm even interested in continuing the story in book 2.
Mariam K 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariam-k-7.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Mariam K 7 »

The book is truly wonderful, combining historical and social events that involve many people. But despite the genius of the story told in the book, such an unexpected ending left me with questions and to be honest, it even disappointed me a bit. In my opinion a brighter ending would have been more interesting and would have caused a sense of satisfaction in the reader.
OTrain Disene
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flight Quack
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otrain-disene.html
Latest Review: Mysteries by Graham Wilson

Post by OTrain Disene »

I love plot twists so much. And the fact that I didn't even see this one coming, it made me fall in love more with it. I love that it was realistic, and the cliffhanger that left us with it makes a perfect crossover for the following book in a series. It was just perfect.
Hussein21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hussein21.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Hussein21 »

The novel was an amazing read but I find the ending unsatisfactory, although expected, I just could not understand it which is why I doubt I will continue to read the series

Return to “Discuss "The Prodigy Slave" by Londyn Skye”