Overall rating and opinion of "The Prodigy Slave" by Londyn Skye

Use this forum to discuss the January 2022 Book of the month, "The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden" by Londyn Skye.
Themmie10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themmie10.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Prodigy Slave" by Londyn Skye

Post by Themmie10 »

I love the love display between Lily and James, it proves that love can still exist between a slave and free born. It’s a happy thing that they were able to overcome the hurdle their live experienced.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

I didn't expect to enjoy this book as much as I did. James and Lily gave me hope in humanity. Despite her circumstances and reality, Lily was full of life and was passionate. Her piano skills unlocked a whole new world for her. I truly enjoyed this novel and would easily rate it 4 stars.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Apple 7 »

Love in itself always bears a variety of challenges, but the nature of that expressed here is on a whole new level as one can perceive the burdens and weight such a forbidden relationship would bring on all involved, but Lily and James want to prove the point that love knows no boundaries
Berry_
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-berry.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Berry_ »

I have seen this book a lot and even though I don't like historical fiction novels, this is the only one I am excited about. I am currently reading it and I love it. I would definitely recommend it to my friends and lovers of romance novels.
Anil G
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-g.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Anil G »

Kirsi_78 wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 02:28 I truly enjoyed reading this book. My favorite feature was the unpredictability, as I could never guess what would happen next. I kept on trying, just to find out that I was dead wrong, and I loved being fooled by the author!

What I did not like that much was the author’s manner to use countless pages to describe one small scene, but then speed forward the story until the next “frozen” scene. This mannerism reminded me of soaps such as The Bold and the Beautiful. The writing style was very emotional and descriptive.

This book has definitely historical fiction and romance woven into it. I have recommended this book to my friends who like the mixture of those two genres, and will continue doing so. I gave this book 3 out of 4 stars, and am very much looking forward to reading the sequel.
It's always feel good to be wrong by the author... So that we get that surprising feeling and unexpected twist.
I also wanted to say that it's annoying when the author stretches little things.
A great author communicates to readers through books. - Anil Gupta
Anil G
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-g.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Anil G »

I read the reviews and other readers' views so that I could decide to read this book as it's a different topic for me, the romance between master-slave is something which makes you feel good and worried at the same time.

Well, good because there's love and romance in it.. Bad because in their relationship, James will be the dominant one and lily will suffer directly or indirectly. I'll be sure after reading this weird yet beautiful Romance novel!
A great author communicates to readers through books. - Anil Gupta
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

I liked that the themes of the book, slavery, and romance were combined. The love between Lily and James was epic and very enjoyable. I envied Lily's ability to play the piano as I am quite bad at it.
Muna Chizzy
Currently Reading: Gardening With Guns
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muna-chizzy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Muna Chizzy »

It was an interesting story filled with exciting suspense, especially the romance between Lily and James. The characters are well developed and the story has strong themes.
Bezos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bezos.html
Latest Review: A Kitchen Painted in Blood by Stephen Ahern

Post by Bezos »

The large percentage of this book was fantastic. However, I believe Lily and James' romance was forced. I didn't like James' character or the decisions he made about Lily's future. Lily's story, on the other hand, is both encouraging and well-written.
Susan Mcleod
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Susan Mcleod »

My overall rating for "The Prodigy Slave" by Londyn Skye is a 4 out of 4. This was a well written book. It depicted what the slaves had to go through in Lily's time. It showed how unkind people could be even for their own family and friends.
Alice Fu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: What Every Teen Should Know About Money, Accumulating Wealth and Becoming a Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-fu.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Alice Fu »

I thought this book was really well written. The romance was absolutely beautiful and I loved the way James showed his love for Lily. The blossoming of their relationship was one of the sweetest romances I have ever seen. The father-daughterlike relationship between Lily and William was absolutely beautiful too. I could feel the pain from William every time Lily got in trouble and the efforts he put in for her truly reflected in the words of the story. The only thing I wasn't as big of a fan of was the plot twist at the end of the book, but I believe that is something that I would have to read book two to receive answers for.
Rose Popie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-popie.html
Latest Review: The Binding Stone by Liz D. Marx

Post by Rose Popie »

The romance between Lily and James is what kept me captivated in a book. I noticed the talent in an author's writing when James, as a master, has to keep a stoic face in front of the others, while he can't stop falling in love with Lily at the same time. I also like the historical touch in a book as it involves slavery and teaches us a lot about what happened in the past. Because I enjoyed this book so much, I am rating it four out of four stars.
Oreoluwa21
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oreoluwa21.html

Post by Oreoluwa21 »

I love how Lily can express herself using the piano and how she embraces life optimistically.
If there's anything I like, its an optimist, someone who always sees light at the end of the tunnel no matter how dark. The romance between her and James on the other hand was really unpredictable and I couldn't tell how it was going to end. Really kept me on my toes anticipating.
Christabel18+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel18.html
Latest Review: The Bridge by Andrew Palmer

Post by Christabel18+ »

I was mainly focused on the relationship between lily and james. The entire back and forth was displeasing and frustrating in all honesty.
5_tourmaline
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-5-tourmaline.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by 5_tourmaline »

A master and a slave falling in love might be a common storyline but this book managed to be unique and interesting. I would rate it 4 out of 4 stars. The main themes are romance and historical fiction.

Return to “Discuss "The Prodigy Slave" by Londyn Skye”