Overall rating and opinion of "The Prodigy Slave" by Londyn Skye

Use this forum to discuss the January 2022 Book of the month, "The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden" by Londyn Skye.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Prodigy Slave" by Londyn Skye

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

I love this book cause I could personally relate to James and Lily’s love story. Jame patiently waiting for his love is something I have had to do. I really enjoyed it cause I could see the faults and learnt a lot from James. Looks like the book has a sequel though. Will like to read it! I recommend this book to anyone who loves romance.
sayoniwrites
Currently Reading: The Scarlet Letter
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sayoniwrites.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by sayoniwrites »

I enjoyed this book. I disliked the ending and the cliffhanger, but that's the point right. If a book can stir up genuine like/dislike from the heart, I think it's a win. It had all the elements necessary to keep me hooked. The romance part was too graphic but acceptable considering the passion between James and Lily. Overall, I will rate it 3 out of 4.
Reynaldo Albano
Currently Reading: Colors
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Reynaldo Albano »

Above all else, bingo to verifiable and heartfelt novel fans! This book is great for individuals who partake in those sorts of books. It's really very elegantly composed and keeps you as eager and anxious as ever, evoking various kinds of sentiments to the place where you can't put the book down. Since it portrays a romantic tale between a white man and his slave, the book helps me to remember a thrill ride trip. The plot is driven by pressure and dissatisfaction as several attempts to lay out a coexistence. I can't resist the urge to give this book an ideal rating - 4 out of 4 stars.I partook in my experience with this novel due to the science that exists among Lily and James, however I'm actually holding back to check whether James can battle for herself and assist her stand on her with possessing notwithstanding the subjection that exists during the time the novel is intended to tell.
Inge van Tonder
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inge-van-tonder.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Inge van Tonder »

Normally I don’t read romance novels, but I read some of the reviews and it intrigued me. I started reading it (actually almost done) and it is very interesting. I do not like the character of James. I also found the intimate scenes a bit too descriptive, but nonetheless, it is a good read!
vitalisvicky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vitalisvicky.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by vitalisvicky »

This is an amazing and inspiring work that I thoroughly loved reading. It featured a lot of appealing features, but my favorite was the way the book's cover was designed. This has to be the work of a professional! It quickly piqued my interest. The plot was well-developed as well, with an incredible storyline. T he only aspect of the book that I disliked was how sexual scenes took up a large portion of the book. The author's writing style was superb. The story's flow was maintained by the use of dialogue. I would recommend this book to mature readers who appreciate historical fiction and romance novels
Aarushi Pareek
Favorite Book: The Alchemist
Currently Reading: Hallowed Ground
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarushi-pareek.html
Latest Review: Hallowed Ground by Cindy Ziperman

Post by Aarushi Pareek »

It is very well written and has an intriguing plot. Like many others, I like Lily and William. Their relationship was sweet and touching, and it was fascinating to read how the author depicted the romance between a master and a slave. It was a great read, and I would recommend it to fans of historical fiction.
Hana_Fabro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hana-fabro.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Hana_Fabro »

This book is so great to the point that it deserves a complete rating. But as for me, I rate it three out of four stars. I deduct one because of the lack of chemistry between Lily and James, I feel like they forced their relationship and live for each other. Another reason for deducting one star is because of the too many details in every scene even in small scenes. However, this book is still one of the best historical fiction I've read.
Uchechukwu Fortune Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchechukwu-fortune-njoku.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Uchechukwu Fortune Njoku »

An amazing historical story with a whizz of romance. Appealing; I will read it soon.
Uchechukwu Fortune Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchechukwu-fortune-njoku.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Uchechukwu Fortune Njoku »

I would rate this book 3 out of 4. A beautiful historical romance story. A pretty interesting book to read .
Amynwankwo_
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amynwankwo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Amynwankwo_ »

I loved this book for the most part. I felt it to be original and expressive. Even though Lily’s indecisiveness to be with James was draining, I could understand why that was. But in the end, true love was staring them right in the face ! I felt emotionally connected to the characters in this book and this kept me hooked. However, I didn’t seem to think the cliffhanger in the end was necessary. That was a bit annoying for me. Some of the sex scenes written were also very poorly written. All in all, I enjoyed the story and will be reading the next book in the series.
BrainyNg
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brainyng.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by BrainyNg »

I give this book a solid four out of four stars rating. The author did well in delivering the subject of the story, I like how he talked about slavery. It was an interesting read with characters well suited to their roles.
Ratii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ratii.html
Latest Review: Twisted But True by Darren Burch

Post by Ratii »

I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars, because it was a well writen book. The book showed us a different view of the slaves' lives, and I liked how the author provided us with slave codes in every chapter. The characters were also good, with Emily being overwhelmed by her environment and how smart she was.
Susan Mcleod
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Susan Mcleod »

This book is a romantic drama, it pulls you in to the time that the book is set. You will cry, laugh, feel love and anger. I like least about the book was things that were described in detailed that happened to Lily but unfortunately this did happen in those dark times. It has irony in it as well in places you would not expect it to. This book reminded me of a true Romeo and Juliet type story, but this type of love was truly forbidden if ever found out. I would recommend this book but to the older audience. I gave this book a 4 out of 4.
Grampy
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grampy.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Grampy »

T T 2 wrote: 01 Jan 2022, 04:53 I did enjoy reading the book. The cliffhanger added a mystery to the plot wanting me to read more. Though there was some aspect of the story that I was not impressed with especially the language. The characters were well written, loved Lily's passion, and full of life attitude, a character that would like to see in most romance novels. I have no impressions of James' character honestly, it was fine for me. All in all, I will rate this book a 3 out of 4 stars. Would surely recommend it to anyone who likes romance novels.
Well said, I was super engaged with the plot twist it was captivating and I felt there was more. The book was well written- grammatically and punctuation wise. I just felt the love life was a little force, so I will rate the book 3 out of 4 stars too. Quite a romantic book!
Jannah_Muslims
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasila-a.html
Latest Review: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream by Dr Frank L Douglas

Post by Jannah_Muslims »

Reading from the comments, I am so adding this book to my shelf. This could be my first romance reading for the year 2022. Thanks, Y'all.

Return to “Discuss "The Prodigy Slave" by Londyn Skye”