Overall rating and opinion of "The Prodigy Slave" by Londyn Skye

Use this forum to discuss the January 2022 Book of the month, "The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden" by Londyn Skye.
Laww
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laww.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Prodigy Slave" by Londyn Skye

Post by Laww »

I enjoyed the book ability to incorporate the romance side in the side of slavery. I'm a slavery history researcher and I really loved the book.
Matlhodi Nozwayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-matlhodi-nozwayo.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Matlhodi Nozwayo »

Is there a sequel or something to this book, because I want to read more of it. James and Lily are beautiful to read about and the book is not overwhelmingly romantic. I loved been taken to another world by The Prodigy. The detail was very intense and it allows the imagination to build scenes even better. I think my connection to the characters is the most important thing to me when I read, this book managed to do that for me.
Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuebuka-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo »

This was by far the most unique novel I've ever read. Is there such a thing as a book that combines enslavement with romance? That was a very fresh and unusual experience for me. I liked how fast it was going. I was amazed by the author's character development since she took the time to establish the characters so properly. Everything hinged on the conclusion. This was fantastic for someone like me who enjoys plot twists. I wasn't expecting it. The chemistry between Lily and James breathed life into the story.
Dent Odhiambo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dent-odhiambo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Dent Odhiambo »

I love how their love story comes together. The chemistry they have is so good and this had been achieved by the character's ability to describe it in detail. This left me wanting to read more of the book.
leeho
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leeho.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by leeho »

I give this book four stars out of four. It's a fantastic romantic novel. I couldn't stop myself from finishing this book. The narrative of a master and slave falling in love piqued my interest. I liked Lily's strong character. It's a must-read for fans of romance and historical fiction.
Shaesta Parween
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaesta-parween.html
Latest Review: Winners and Losers in Words and Cartoons by Arthur Hartz
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Shaesta Parween »

It is always exciting to read about romance in a complicated situation. The plot is filled with resentment and love. The story kept me captivated throughout the end.
Leasa Ana Maria
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Devil Pulls the Strings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leasa-ana-maria.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer

Post by Leasa Ana Maria »

Unfortunately, most of my friends like a different type of genre when It comes to books, so I have no one to recommend it to. But I would gladly recommend it if I would have the chance.
Deborah Osayi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deborah-osayi.html
Latest Review: The Bridge by Andrew Palmer

Post by Deborah Osayi »

The story of a master falling in love with his servant is a very interesting and suspense filled because it leaves me reasoning on how the relationship would work out
Emerizx
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emerizx.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Emerizx »

The book is super cool, there is nothing compared to freedom. I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I so much love lily's courage in making a move that change her life complete. I recommend the book to lover of romance.
Fundo22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Fundo22 »

I definitely enjoyed this book as it was intriguing from the beginning until the last page. The cliffhanger was my most favourite thing about the book as it continues to intrigue me even weeks after reading the book.
Gnex_09
Favorite Book: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnex-09.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by Gnex_09 »

I must confess that i have not read a book as interesting and captivating as this book in a long while. I admire the love between Lily and James. The world will be a better place if we all can fight for those we love irrespective of our social class. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars as I love everything about it.
Madu Abigail
Currently Reading: The Unseelie Crown
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madu-abigail.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Madu Abigail »

This book was a great read. I enjoyed reading this book a lot because of the romance between Lily and James. I love the style of writing it was captivating.
Valeria Rotaru
Currently Reading: Of Human Bondage
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-rotaru.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valeria Rotaru »

I really was obsessed with the love and passion between James and Lily. Although, i think that James is more of the dominant male that takes advantage of Lily's carefree and optimistic nature, trying to subdue her spritis and make her more obedient, which really annoyed me.
Junior Gesuka 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Junior Gesuka 1 »

I absolutely loved everything about this book. It was groundbreaking, imaginative, inventive, original, expressive and inspiring. I found Lilly's indecisiveness to be with James at first draining, but I did understand because thier class and racial differences. But alas, True love was staring right at them in thier faces which they could not denied. And when they gave into their sexual impulses they both held onto that love like it was a breath of fresh air.
Mary_the_reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-the-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Mary_the_reviewer »

Romance is my genre and this book is the best I have ever read. I used to think such relationship like that of James and Lily could never work but it actually did and that is beautiful. James is a true definition of a man who will fight for what he wants till the end. Lily is a very strong character that I most admire in the book. I rate this book a 4 out of 4.

Return to “Discuss "The Prodigy Slave" by Londyn Skye”