Overall rating and opinion of "The Prodigy Slave" by Londyn Skye

Use this forum to discuss the January 2022 Book of the month, "The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden" by Londyn Skye.
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Prodigy Slave" by Londyn Skye

Post by Mildred Echesa »

I started reading this book a while back and I cant get my hands of it. The love affection between lilly and James has got me glued more. I will be able to give a more precise comment after fully reading it
Poetic Justice
cutemami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cutemami.html
Latest Review: Without Redemption by David Griffith

Post by cutemami »

This romance novel easily deserves a 4 out of 4 star rating. I loved the story. Lily and James being a forbidden passion certainly made the book all the more fascinating. Lily is a lovable character and i can recommend this book to so many people i know who would relate well with the characters in the book. Although slavery is a touchy subject for me, i felt like this book executed all the elements perfectly and did not leave me offended at any moment.
Sam Oghae
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-oghae.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Sam Oghae »

The romance between Lily and James was the best part of the story. The slave theme made it intriguing.
Four out of four stars for me
Francis Igwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-igwe.html
Latest Review: The Devil's Eclipse by Christopher Williams

Post by Francis Igwe »

As a story, this book is actually not bad. The issue for me is that I don't like storylines that contain the benevolent-white-man-that-saves trope. That's why I'm giving it a 2 out of 4 stars rating.

It's a good read, but just not for me. I wouldn't particularly recommend it.
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

A well-written piece that I truly enjoyed. The romantic scenes between Lily and James greatly piqued my interest as a romance book lover. Other individuals of my kind will find this book enthralling.
Ozioma Miriam
Currently Reading: The Love Charm
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ozioma-miriam.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Ozioma Miriam »

The Prodigy Slave is a book on racism, freedom, and love. I like the character Lily. She's a strong, intelligent, and loving character. The book causes a reader to go through several emotions. What I didn't like was the unexpected switch of accent when the characters discussed. I recommend this book to lovers of historical romance.
Simona Dimitrova
Favorite Book: Surviving Chaos
Currently Reading: Si’Empra’s Queen
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simona-dimitrova.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Simona Dimitrova »

I loved my time with this novel since the chemistry that develops between Lily and James. As a result, I give this book 4 stars out of 4. However, I'm still waiting to see if James would stand up for her and help her stand on her own when she's facing the slavery that existed at the time the novel is set.
Siyamthanda03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Siyamthanda03 »

Reading the book was a blast for me. For me, it was riveting and captivating. Lily, who is full of passion and love, is my favorite character. James, on the other hand, wasn't bad, but I believe he should put his own enjoyment ahead of listening to and caring about what society thinks of him. I gave the book a 4 out of 4 star rating because of the excellent character development.
Alice Fu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: What Every Teen Should Know About Money, Accumulating Wealth and Becoming a Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-fu.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Alice Fu »

This book felt absolutely beautiful. I felt every single emotion along with the characters and the intense descriptions of imagery really helped enchance the scenes of the book. Some of the parts were a bit too sexual, so I wouldn't recommend the story to anyone who is sensitive to extreme descriptions of sex, but besides that, this book is definitely one of the most intriguing books I've read since joining Online Book Club
Kenneth Chimezie
Currently Reading: TBD
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-chimezie.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kenneth Chimezie »

I so much enjoyed reading this book. I rated it 4 out of 4 stars. Lily and James where soul mate. They made perfect match and brought life into the story. The author's character development and writing skill was intriguing. There was nothing I dislike about this book and I could not get enough of this nteresting story.
Kehinde Hussein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kehinde-hussein.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Kehinde Hussein »

Being forcefully taken from her mother's arms and finding out that the man who sold her is her father is a lot to take in for Lily. However, I appreciated Lily's strong character and her learning how to play the piano secretly was a plus point and one that I admired. The novel was wonderful, no doubt.
Rachel Monica
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-monica.html
Latest Review: The End of May by Kem Richards

Post by Rachel Monica »

I had a good time reading this book. It is a romance novel about the budding relationship between a slave and a master. I personally feel that the relationship was forced and wasn't entirely romantic or genuine. But being a historical fiction fan I just had to read this book and I was not entirely disappointed.
tyron esendi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tyron-esendi.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by tyron esendi »

I am typically not a fan of romance novels but the premise of the book picked my interest. I was interested in the contextual aspect of a whirlwind romance between a slave and master. Lily's character is well written and her storyline is captivating. Some of James' decisions were problematic to me. I think a good novel captivates, interests, and sometimes antagonizes readers in a way that adds quality and context to the story. The book meets my standards for a good novel. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars and would definitely recommend it to friends.
John korir
Favorite Book: Sandra Eden's War
Currently Reading: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit?
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-korir.html
Latest Review: Marco Martinez by R M Allan

Post by John korir »

I was impressed by the love between James and Lilly. James honesty is remarkable. I recommend it to lovers of historical and romance .
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

What a lovely storyline involving romance. This is the kind of romance novel I enjoy to read. The two characters: James and Lily really made the book interesting to me. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Return to “Discuss "The Prodigy Slave" by Londyn Skye”