Was anyone else completely in love with the father/daughter relationship between Lily and William?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2022 Book of the month, "The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden" by Londyn Skye.
Chesko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chesko.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Re: Was anyone else completely in love with the father/daughter relationship between Lily and William?

Post by Chesko »

Williams did exemplary in taking care her Lily's interests. He was protective and caring and Lily repaid for it in equal measure. They definitely had an exciting parent-child relationship going on.
Fajarr
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fajarr.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Fajarr »

I really liked the relationship between Lily and William. It was so wholesome and showed how, regardless of differences between them, they could work to help each other.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Monica Omonigho Bennymoore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monica-omonigho-bennymoore.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Monica Omonigho Bennymoore »

William is an epitome of a father. He did not take the fact that he was not Lily's biological father as a yardstick in the way he treated and cared for her. I love the way he accepted her in totality, built her career and gave her the wings to fly into fame through her music career. He is my best character in the story.
Favour Ugwu Chidinma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favyugwu.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Favour Ugwu Chidinma »

I agree with you. Williams was supportive and with understandable role despite his access to standard of living.

Return to “Discuss "The Prodigy Slave" by Londyn Skye”