Was anyone else completely in love with the father/daughter relationship between Lily and William?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2022 Book of the month, "The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden" by Londyn Skye.
Aubrie_Waters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aubrie-waters.html
Latest Review: The Northern Pike Story by Thomas Ashmore
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Was anyone else completely in love with the father/daughter relationship between Lily and William?

Post by Aubrie_Waters »

I love Lily, but my favorite character in The Prodigy Slave is definitely William. I love the setup where he helps Lily with her career, and Lily helps William find his love of music again. I think their relationship in this book is absolutely phenomenal and wanted to hear others opinions!
Elendu Ekechukwu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Elendu Ekechukwu »

I love how William took Lily as his daughter. William was easily my best character. As rich as he was he never took any slaves, and he made sure that the whole world would hear her play. I so much love Williams benevolence
Akshi Porwal
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akshi-porwal.html
Latest Review: The Heat Is On by Afzal (Al) Sovani

Post by Akshi Porwal »

I loved William's character as well. The juxtaposition of such a wealthy man helping a poor girl is so beautifully. Hid kindness and sincerity towards Lily is really admirable .
Laura Maynor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-maynor.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Laura Maynor »

I love the way that William accepted Lily and her musical talents. I also appreciated the love that he had to encourage her and to expose her. Him starting her show on his property and building the stage was so astronomical to boosting her career and I just fell in love with the story. I can't wait to read the second book
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading: Under Another Sun
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Marcel Cantu »

Aubrie_Waters wrote: 01 Jan 2022, 14:53 I love Lily, but my favorite character in The Prodigy Slave is definitely William. I love the setup where he helps Lily with her career, and Lily helps William find his love of music again. I think their relationship in this book is absolutely phenomenal and wanted to hear others opinions!
Relationships like this can be so meaningful and moving. I thought William was a great character that really enhanced to book with the aspects he contributed to the story.
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The North Factor
Bookshelf Size: 1662
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Deadly Sexy Lizzy Vol. 1-3 by Michael Richey
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

William is the epitome of what anyone would like as father. His participation with developing Lily's natural talent was something positive in the book. It helped with lightening the dark subject of slavery. He treated her as though he was her real father and didn't care what others thought.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
kperm
Currently Reading: Harry Potter The Prisoner of Azkaban
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kperm.html
Latest Review: Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog by Michelle Lander Feinberg

Post by kperm »

Laura Maynor wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 12:22 I love the way that William accepted Lily and her musical talents. I also appreciated the love that he had to encourage her and to expose her. Him starting her show on his property and building the stage was so astronomical to boosting her career and I just fell in love with the story. I can't wait to read the second book
I completely agree with you. It was great to see William being so accepting and supportive. I loved his character and believe that he is one of the best father figures I have ever read about. William made the book much more enjoyable.
Cwilde13
Currently Reading: Watership Down
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwilde13.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Cwilde13 »

I really liked the relationship between Lily and William. It was so wholesome and showed how, regardless of differences between them, they could work to help each other.
Adeyemi6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Adeyemi6 »

Despite the skepticism from others that comes with helping a black woman accomplish her goals, I respect William's continuous support for Lily's efforts. It shows his fatherly love and belief in her.
bello jamiu5
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bello-jamiu5.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by bello jamiu5 »

William has repeatedly shown how much fatherly affection he has for Lily and how much faith he has in her. Despite the cynicism that comes with helping Lily achieve her ambitions, he is truly a kind character.
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

i definitely appreciate william's attention and care for lily, for someone who is a slave and so poor. there isn't many people who rich and white and have such kind heart, at that time era
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

Elendu Ekechukwu wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 10:13 I love how William took Lily as his daughter. William was easily my best character. As rich as he was he never took any slaves, and he made sure that the whole world would hear her play. I so much love Williams benevolence
I completely agree with William’s character being one of the best in the story. His contribution in making Lili’s dream into reality was just soo heartwarming. The book really did justice to his character.
Soraya Bayah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thuriya-albayaa.html
Latest Review: The Lockdown Collection by Barry Jacob

Post by Soraya Bayah »

I totally agree with you, William’s kindness and calmness was captivating and I grew fond of him as a person, especially that he helped Lily despite the time era that they lived in. I believe he is one of the best father figures I ever read about.
Aisha Yakub
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

William is such a nice guy. He has a great personality, even with his wealthy background. I also liked how he helped Lily's career.
Darlings O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-onuoha.html
Latest Review: Imperfect Lives Perfect Grace by Dr. E.M. Johnson

Post by Darlings O »

I agree with you. Williams is an amazing guy. I easily got endeard to him because he decided not to take any slaves despite being so rich. He is easily my best too.

Return to “Discuss "The Prodigy Slave" by Londyn Skye”