Overall rating and opinion of Totem (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon

Use this forum to discuss the February 2022 Book of the month Totem: (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon
Shaesta Parween
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaesta-parween.html
Latest Review: Winners and Losers in Words and Cartoons by Arthur Hartz
fav_author_id: 1778

Re: Overall rating and opinion of Totem (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Shaesta Parween »

Charlie Sheldon's writing style and narrative pacing appealed to me. Sarah Cooley, a 14-year-old girl, was brilliantly represented. The author detailed her adolescent family troubles as well as her quest to preserve long-forgotten truths and customs. There was nothing about this book that I didn't like.
Trustedpls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trustedpls.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Trustedpls »

This is an enthralling book with a very simple writing style. I couldn't lay hold on to anything until I was done reading this book. Sarah was a character filled with a lot of content she made this book.
AbdiHafidh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abdihafidh.html
Latest Review: The White Harlequin by Daphne Tzamali- Yakinthou

Post by AbdiHafidh »

It's Sarah's character that potentially made me intrigued to read more of the book. The authors enables the reader to grow with Sarah. Sheldon uses simple language in his narration with exceptional editing. I rated the bood absolutely 4 out of 4 stars since I believe it is a masterpiece.
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

I'm currently still reading. But Sarah is really making the book more exciting for me. Her character is what's keeping me interested because I want to learn more about her and see how her story unfolds. As for the plot of the story and the rest of the characters I'm not quite sure yet. But I'm willing to keep reading to see if I can draw any other interests besides one character.
Azubike Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azubike-richard.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Azubike Richard »

I enjoyed reading the book but I would rate it a 3 out of 4 stars because it contains a lot of errors, but overall it's a very interesting book that I would recommend to anyone.
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

I am kind of hooked on the plot. The book did a good job of maintaining the mystery while bending into some adventure. The characters on the other hand contributed a lot to the plot. The development of the story and the characters goes hand in hand making it even more interesting. I would give this book a solid 4.
Noblefausty101
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noblefausty101.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Noblefausty101 »

The book is really interesting and I must commend the author Charlie Sheldon for this beautiful piece. The choice and use of words is really artistic and yes I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.
Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuebuka-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo »

I've begun reading the book and am really engrossed. I breezed through the first 50 pages, and the narrative has already deepened. I enjoy the combination of mystery and adventure, as well as the author's careful description of the characters. I believe that teen characters, which are prevalent, require excellent treatment since they become a relatable item for young readers, and Sheldon has done an excellent job thus far.
Abiodunakinola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Post by Abiodunakinola »

I love this book as it hooked me to read it from beginning to end. The main character that hooks me is the 14-year-old girl called Sarah. I will give this book a rate of four out of four and will recommend it to people especially those who like to learn about a new culture.
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Post by Ceeco2002 »

I found this book completely fascinating right from the beginning to the end. I loved Sarah's character the most, it was really inspiring seeing such a young girl with so much purpose.
Stephanie Kanu
Currently Reading: A dream for peace
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladywhyte3.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Stephanie Kanu »

Mythology blending seamlessly with adventure and mystery, this book was an intriguing masterpiece from start to finish. I love the character development throughout the book. The maps at the beginning proved very helpful and I also love how the author wove history and different cultures into the storyline. It was a really wonderful piece.
Ayomidekenny2
Currently Reading: Great Awakening
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayomidekenny2.html
Latest Review: Addressing Systemic Discrimination by Reframing the Problem by Dr. Frank L. Douglas

Post by Ayomidekenny2 »

To me, the book, Totem by Charlie Sheldon is a good read. The author took pain to let the reader understand what's happening to the planet and the climate change effect. I salute his writing skills and also his ability to educate the reader.
Cece Maina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cece-maina.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Cece Maina »

I started the book a day ago and I can say so far I am thoroughly enjoying it. So far, I'd rate it a 4 out of 4 stars.
Andrew Malenya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-malenya.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Andrew Malenya »

Having read the previous two books in the series, the start of my engagement with this book had high expectations. The author exceeded the expectations by taking me through an empathetic story filled with tension especially the events in Bare Valley. The character development of Sarah was exquisite exposing her struggles through adolescence. This book was a masterpiece.
Sia P
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sia-p.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sia P »

I believe I have always admired Sheldon's characters, hence the book receives a 4 out of 4 star rating from me as well. I admired how the author engrossed the audience with such different characters and a powerful, developing plot.

Return to “Discuss Totem (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon”