Overall rating and opinion of Totem (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon

Use this forum to discuss the February 2022 Book of the month Totem: (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon
Valerie Garske
Currently Reading: the girl who know Davanci
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-garske.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Overall rating and opinion of Totem (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Valerie Garske »

As a fan of the first book, I wasn't impressed with the last book. Despite being a significantly longer story, it did not take a deeper dive into the original characters, as I had hoped. Instead, the novel takes a broader approach to the storyline and includes more personalities and agendas to create conflict. Unfortunately, the book would have benefited from one more round of editing. Consequently, I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars.
Chijindu Ifedigbo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chijindu-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Chijindu Ifedigbo »

I would rate this book a 3 out of 4 stars because of the amount of punctuation errors that I found in it. But overall the book is very exciting, i enjoyed Sarah's character alot.
Deeksha Ojha
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deeksha-ojha.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Deeksha Ojha »

In book 1, although Sarah's tale of eight-days was little disorienting but it left many questions in it's wake which went unresolved in first part. I am looking forward to reading the complete series for those questions, how Sarah grows up and do they find concrete evidence for saving the National Park. Along with this, keeping an eye on Charlie Sheldon's other works.
Nyavaloesther
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyavaloesther.html
Latest Review: The Truth Is Beyond Belief! by Jerry Durr

Post by Nyavaloesther »

With the world getting very busy, it is rare to find parents sending their children to meet their grandparents or great-grandparents. Those elders have so much to share with this generation. It was very good to first read about a time that William took his daughter Mayra to meet her great-grandmother, who was waiting for her. And Mayra was able to get some wisdom from her great-grandmother, Mary.
Sam Oghae
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-oghae.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Sam Oghae »

Strong Heart is an amazing series with an amzi story filled with suspense.
Sarah as the main character is written well and is relatable. It's an amazing series
Rhodahams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhodahams.html
Latest Review: Prisoner Prodigal Pawn by Robert Sparkman

Post by Rhodahams »

This book was beautifully written and of course I would give it a perfect rating. It deserves 4 out of 4 stars because the author blending the elements of mystery and history of different cultures. There are so many things one could learn by reading this book. Sheldon is a fantastic author, and I love that this book could also be a standalone. I enjoyed Sarah's character the most while reading.
Chibuike Hillary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chibuike-hillary.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Chibuike Hillary »

I am yet to complete reading this book but its content is really engaging. I already feel like giving it a four out of four rating.
Ozioma Miriam
Currently Reading: The Love Charm
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ozioma-miriam.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Ozioma Miriam »

The book Totem is a book of history and myths. I enjoyed reading the book, the author did well in describing the scenes in the book that it felt like I was watching a movie. The character I liked best was Sarah. What I didn't like were the errors I encountered while reading. I also found it very difficult to believe the myth in the book despite knowing that it was fictional, especially the one of a bear falling in love with a whale. There is historical fiction and there's mythology in the book. I recommend this book to lovers of the genres aforementioned.
Francis Igwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-igwe.html
Latest Review: The Devil's Eclipse by Christopher Williams

Post by Francis Igwe »

This third installment of Totem by Charlie Sheldon continues the tradition of a trilogy that captures the unending conflict between selfish corporate interests and native rights, with environmentalists joining the melee. This book gives voice to the plight of America's native tribes at the hands of corporate interests, and it illuminates this with a great tone.

While it's not exactly my favorite, this is a book I can recommend to anyone serious about understanding the issues surrounding Native Americans. I give it a 3 out of star rating.
Ratii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ratii.html
Latest Review: Twisted But True by Darren Burch

Post by Ratii »

Charlie Sheldon's writing style and narrative pacing appealed to me. In the suspenseful moments of their endeavor to find answers in Bear Valley, I empathized with the characters and felt their strain. There was nothing about this book that I didn't like. Sarah Cooley, a 14-year-old girl, was brilliantly represented. The author detailed her adolescent family troubles as well as her quest to preserve long-forgotten truths and customs.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

My overall rating of this awesome read would be 4 out of 4 stars. The character development, which is something I look out for in books, is nicely done. Sarah's character is exciting. I was drawn into this book as a result of its mythical appeal and wild adventures and fantasy. The writing style is also great.
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

This book has an amazing storyline and character development. I was intrigued by its content which made me turn from page to page. I already rated it 4 out of 4 stars even before finishing the book.
Kehinde Hussein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kehinde-hussein.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Kehinde Hussein »

It's often difficult to stick to preserving forgotten truths and traditions and I liked that Sarah stuck to this despite all of her adolescent struggles. I also liked how the Charlie Sheldon portrayed her character as appealing and relatable. Mystery novels are my niche and no doubt, the book was superbly written as well.
Mollie Doran
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mollie-doran.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Mollie Doran »

The conclusion to this series was engaging and I enjoyed it! I felt it tied up all necessary loose ends, and I enjoyed revisiting the characters one last time. I really love how you can feel the author's love and respect for nature in the books, it is evocative and makes me want to go outside more!
Chinwe Favour
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinwe-favour.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Chinwe Favour »

This book is an interesting book and I enjoyed reading it. There was nothing I disliked. I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars.
I liked the writing style and the narrative pace. The character development was really good
I would recommend this book to people interest in people's culture, and love adventure.

Return to “Discuss Totem (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon”