Overall rating and opinion of Totem (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon

Use this forum to discuss the February 2022 Book of the month Totem: (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon
Bookfest101
Currently Reading: Fast-Starting A Career of Consequence
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookfest101.html
Latest Review: The Ping-Pong Champion of Chinatown by James Hanna

Re: Overall rating and opinion of Totem (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Bookfest101 »

The first time I noticed this book, I just saw a review online (not even in this platform). And then I went ahead to check it out and I realised it is not a standalone. However I love the narrative nature of the book, the authors use of characters to tell his take and the beautiful combination of history and fantasy is class. Great job
Atova
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atova.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Atova »

I just started this book, and I'm already knee deep in the author's descriptive prowess.
I've learnt so much from following Sarah and I hope to learn much more.
Andrew Malenya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-malenya.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Andrew Malenya »

After reading some of the comments here I considered reading the book. The book actually deserves the rating of 4 out of 4 stars because of the way the author brings out his characters. I will consider reading other books in the series.
Andrew Malenya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-malenya.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Andrew Malenya »

It is so moving to read the events happening in the Bear Valley. Totem is written in a skillful and crafty manner that made me enjoy every part of it. It indeed deserve 4 out of 4 stars.
Debra Morgan
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debra-morgan.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Debra Morgan »

I tried to read this book, but I just couldn't get into it. I'm sure it is a good read for someone who is interested, though.
Kuchi Mercy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kuchi-mercy.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by Kuchi Mercy »

[bn=][/bn]Was still trying to figure out the whole plot in the early pages but midway into the book, I'm excited at the intensity and eventual turnouts of events.
Guillermo12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-guillermo12.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Guillermo12 »

I just started reading this book and I like it already. It's a mixture of history, adventure and mystery from what I can tell. I have high hopes for this book.
Christabel18+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel18.html
Latest Review: The Bridge by Andrew Palmer

Post by Christabel18+ »

I appreciate the way totem has me engaged even though I had just started this book. I think Sheldon is a great writer and I can already tell that I'm going to love this book.
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles by Sandra mayfield

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

I may not have been one of the great fans of these series but I can gladly say that this book contains the ingredient of a professional work; the ability to captivate the reader. The journey was nice and worthwhile.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:
Christopherio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopherio.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Christopherio »

I liked the grammar structure of the book, and also the suspense that it creates and how the happenings that occurred have all been linked to each other, as if there was a big reveal and a surprise factor.
Okoye Chinonso+
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

The book was an insightful book, connecting to the present day. It has an adventure genre (which I love personally) and I love the names of the characters that was used (especially the gramps name; Tom-tom)
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Oreoluwa281
Currently Reading: David's Sling
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oreoluwa281.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by Oreoluwa281 »

I would give this rate of this edition a 3 out of 4, although I am not finished reading this book. I appreciate how the book was typo free and pleasant to read, and how the author described Sarah's character, a 14-year-old who is experiencing some struggles. The book is mind gluing, but I am not contented with the way the author introduces different characters that are not called for. I would recommend this book to those who enjoy reading fantasy with thriller and to people who would love to explore other cultures
Blucabana
Currently Reading: The girl that loved carravalagio
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blucabana.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Blucabana »

This book expresses a fascinating tale that will captivate the audience. What I liked most about this book is the plot. I was engrossed by the storyline. I did not like the length of the story. In my opinion, the story was too long. The writing style of the author is systematic, clear, and graphic. I consider the novel to be a fantasy and a thriller. I definitely endorse this book to be read by other people. I recommend this book because it is very entertaining.
Blossy20
Currently Reading: Understanding the business of health care
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blossy20.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Blossy20 »

I consider this novel to be a unique story that is written with a lot of finesse. I loved the characters in the book. My favorite character is William, the merchant sailor. I did not dislike anything about this book. This story is a fantasy. Fans of fantasy should read this novel. They will be intrigued by the plot. As well, a lot of relevant issues are discussed in this novel, such as equal rights for everybody irrespective of the colour of their skin.
Gnex_09
Favorite Book: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnex-09.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by Gnex_09 »

I found so many fascinating things about this book. The suspense in this book is intriguing; it got me hooked and captured my total attention. Another thing I like about this book is the way the characters were portrayed; the character development is top-notch.

Return to “Discuss Totem (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon”