Overall rating and opinion of Totem (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon

Use this forum to discuss the February 2022 Book of the month Totem: (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon
Anuvamsha S A
Currently Reading: The Hobbit
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anuvamsha-s-a.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Re: Overall rating and opinion of Totem (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Anuvamsha S A »

The setting of Totem revolves around Olympic national park. Great work with a flawless mixture of fantasy, mystery, and history. As the story progresses you will feel more intrigued and the tension builds up from page to page. I am a fan of her writing. It's a fitting conclusion to the trilogy series.
Olawande Abiola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olawande-abiola.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Olawande Abiola »

I like the way Sarah was portrayed in the book, she was so engaging. I also like the suspense, i was hooked even till very end just to know what will happen. Charlie Sheldon proved again her descriptive skill and ability to carry her reader along. I enjoyed every bit of the book.
Yulisa Sanchez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yulisa-sanchez.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Yulisa Sanchez »

Honestly, there are many things to like about this book. Just by reading the first few chapters you get immersed into the story and want to keep reading to find out more about Bear country, the mystery of the elks and is Buckhorn really up to something devious.

There are many characters in this book but overall, it is not too difficult to keep up. I like how the author characterizes each one and how beautifully connected they seem. But the thing I liked most was the connection to nature and ancient stories. I believe this sets the book apart from others.

I would recommend this book to lovers of adventure stories with a dash of mystery and suspense.
Madu Abigail
Currently Reading: The Unseelie Crown
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madu-abigail.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Madu Abigail »

I'm still reading this book and so far it has been engaging. I love the development of the plot as well as the character Sara.
Leslie Kunde
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: All Souls Trilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leslie-kunde.html
Latest Review: The Fantastical Keys of Darius Newton Archibank by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Leslie Kunde »

I loved the first book and look foreword to reading the full series. Thank you to those who do not post spoilers! I hate it when I know how a book ends before I ever start it.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: The Big Necesscaries by Beth Weiler

Post by Christell Lindeque »

I only read the beginning of the book and liked the adventure of it. I also like the plot where there is a grave that they have to travel 30 miles to see. Sarah is also a strong willed character and I liked her. The book is very easy to read and I liked the descriptions.
Junior Gesuka 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Junior Gesuka 1 »

There is no question about Charlie Sheldon’s storytelling ability. I read the first two installations (Strong Heart and Adrift) of his trilogy, and he’s consistent in making a gripping story. I feel like the author tells his own real-life experience in this book. His vivid descriptions of the scenes and the way he gives details in the situations seem too precise.

Moreover, Totem talks about the reality that rules over the present age. Greed, lust for power, and politics – these are common evils of the time! At the same time, the book presents a simple ancient life where the only threats were the harsh weather and wild animals. Sheldon flawlessly weaves both periods into a tapestry of cultures and generations.

Totem is quite a long, yet detailed story. But then, in the end, the reader might want to read more, just what I realized.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: The Big Necesscaries by Beth Weiler

Post by Christell Lindeque »

I felt a bit sorry for Sarah because no one wanted to look after her and her grandfather basically forced her to go on a hiking trip last minute. As a troubled teenager, she goes back into the past was an adventure and it helped her with the present.
Fanny Lebura Ueh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fanny-lebura-ueh.html
Latest Review: Clueless & Headstrong by Eyvonne Black

Post by Fanny Lebura Ueh »

This work is a good example of historical fiction. It's fantastic how Myra used a flashback to describe to Sarah how her people's culture taught her understand how significant she is. In addition, the reader is intrigued to keep reading because mythology is used to chronicle the history of her nation.
The imaginative account of how the bear and the female whale killer fell in love and gave birth to offspring with characteristics from both of their parents is quite imaginative.
The chapters' titles are also given by the author, with the focus on what or who we encounter.
Faruqinspired
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faruqinspired.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Faruqinspired »

I've read a good portion of book 1 and am thoroughly loving it. So far, the grammar and editing are both superb. The theme: astounding ingenuity at its finest. If you just try, every scenario or character can materialize in your imagination. I can't wait to see how Sarah, the mysterious adolescent, figures into the plot. One problem, though, is that the author tends to introduce an excessive number of characters on each new occasion.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I like the book's plot, theme, progression, and character development. Sarah is my favorite character in the book and enjoyed reading about her.
Beth Condit
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beth-condit.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Sea by Nina Purtee

Post by Beth Condit »

I just finished this book and found it to be very engaging. I have not read the first two, but it stood out well on its own. The only complaint I have about the book is the use of profanity. This would be good for upper middle schoolers and high schoolers if the profanity were omitted.
I did recommend the series to my adult daughter who likes this genre.

Return to “Discuss Totem (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon”