Favorite Quote in the Book

Use this forum to discuss the February 2022 Book of the month Totem: (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Favorite Quote in the Book

Post by Bertha Jackson »

What was your favorite quote in this book? Mine was “There is no death. Only a change of worlds.” This quote fit in perfectly with the book because when Sarah and William disappeared it was like they died in the present and went back to their previous live.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Janelydia Mwangi
Currently Reading: Bugs, Weeds, and Water
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janelydia-mwangi.html
Latest Review: Surviving Life As An Actor by Jerry a. Greenberg
Reading Device: Android

Post by Janelydia Mwangi »

When Myra recalls what Sarah had visioned she connects it to their culture of the spiritual world giving a totem to a person. Hers was a bear she tells her, "...your gift"
Peace Chux
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-chux.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Peace Chux »

When Travis said "The woman chooses in this world too" It came up in a conversation with Sergei about Myra but it meant so much more to me.
Rosemary Owolabi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-owolabi.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Rosemary Owolabi »

When Sarah was asked to learn how to handle conflicts without fighting, she replied:
"Why? I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down. " It shows boldness, confidence, and determination to always win. It could be linked to the challenges of life. We don't pick our challenges but wouldn't back down until they are sorted. We wouldn't back down. 
If you are having a bad day, let people see that you are having a good day...Spread good vibes, people are going through a lot already. :tiphat:
Sharon Christanto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-christanto.html
Latest Review: The path from backpack to briefcase 2nd. idition by R. William Holland, PhD
Reading Device: B09N3YBXCN

Post by Sharon Christanto »

My favorite is "I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down." It's very inspiring. It shows Sarah's bravery and strength. I even write this quote on my notebook page as a reminder to keep going forward whatever struggles lies ahead.
Foluso Falaye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-foluso-falaye.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Foluso Falaye »

fashionista_rose wrote: 10 Feb 2022, 08:21 When Sarah was asked to learn how to handle conflicts without fighting, she replied:
"Why? I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down. " It shows boldness, confidence, and determination to always win. It could be linked to the challenges of life. We don't pick our challenges but wouldn't back down until they are sorted. We wouldn't back down. 
Winning fights and handing conflicts are two different things though. Fighting might take more energy and be more catastrophic. Ego would push one to fight, but wanting love and peace more than wanting to prove oneself would motivate one to avoid it if possible.
Amenrodion
Currently Reading: Fates Sweet Passion
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amenrodion.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Amenrodion »

I really have two and they are: ' I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down. I think it's a great philosophy to live by. My other favourite line is 'The Woman chooses in this world too' because as a woman, it might not always feel thay way and sometimes you need to remind yourself that you have the right to a choice
Lychelle_MS
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lychelle-ms.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Lychelle_MS »

fashionista_rose wrote: 10 Feb 2022, 08:21 When Sarah was asked to learn how to handle conflicts without fighting, she replied:
So many great quotes to choose from but how could this not be my favorite? This quote embodies who Sarah is as a character across the series. She is powerful, strong, smart and stands by her beliefs, even when she was doubted. This quote is a reminder, a dare. To stand your ground, especially when it's hard.
Timothee22
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: David Schwarzkopf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothee22.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
fav_author_id: 248826

Post by Timothee22 »

Yes, I agree with you. That quote resonated with me too and it shows exactly what Sarah is made of.
Kathleen Wilcock
Currently Reading: Fifty Shames of Earl Grey
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathleen-wilcock.html
Latest Review: A Life Worth Dying For by Michele Collins
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kathleen Wilcock »

My favourite is when Victoria recalls the saber-tooth cat. She says, "It had been impossibly beautiful. Now it was gone, real only in memory". I like this quote for two reasons. First, it shows that even the most fearsome creatures have their own source of beauty. Second, it also demonstrates how fleeting events are. Just because the cat died does not mean that it no longer exists. It will, like other aspects of the past, continue to live on through people's memories. Through these memories, the past will continue to be beautiful, vibrant, and real.
Inge van Tonder
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inge-van-tonder.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Inge van Tonder »

My favorite quote is when Victoria speaks to her father. “Find solutions through partnerships, Dad. You taught me, remember?” That hits home. Solve your problem the right way.
Eriny Youssef
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eriny-youssef.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Eriny Youssef »

Inge van Tonder wrote: 13 Feb 2022, 12:20 My favorite quote is when Victoria speaks to her father. “Find solutions through partnerships, Dad. You taught me, remember?” That hits home. Solve your problem the right way.
I like the quote you picked, usually one learns this lesson after much experience. Interesting also the the daughter said it back to yer father.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Dimi1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dimi1.html
Latest Review: One Woman's Long and Lonely Walk by Gail Hart

Post by Dimi1 »

Amenrodion wrote: 11 Feb 2022, 14:39 I really have two and they are: ' I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down. I think it's a great philosophy to live by. My other favourite line is 'The Woman chooses in this world too' because as a woman, it might not always feel thay way and sometimes you need to remind yourself that you have the right to a choice
The first one is my favorite quote as well. It's never your choice to enter a fight but when you enter you have to give 110% in order to thrive. Great line!
Michael Jerry_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: A Big Blue Boat by Susea Spray

Post by Michael Jerry_ »

Sharon Christanto wrote: 10 Feb 2022, 13:07 My favorite is "I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down." It's very inspiring. It shows Sarah's bravery and strength. I even write this quote on my notebook page as a reminder to keep going forward whatever struggles lies ahead.
i have to agree that this quote was iconic but i think i liked when victoria told her father “Find solutions through partnerships, Dad. You taught me, remember?”... that’s an underrated quote
ericaball
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ericamartabee.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by ericaball »

"The wind roared through the trees, but I heard, or felt, a terrible kind of silence."

The sentence itself sounds like what it is describing. The soft rolls of the first part,turning into the abruptness of "terrible kind". It seems like a contradiction to be able to sense both at once but it isn't.

Return to “Discuss Totem (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon”