Favorite Quote in the Book

Use this forum to discuss the February 2022 Book of the month Totem: (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon
leeho
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leeho.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Re: Favorite Quote in the Book

Post by leeho »

My personal favorite is "I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down." It's incredibly motivating. It demonstrates Sarah's bravery and strength.  
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Post by Ceeco2002 »

"I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down."
This was undoubtedly my favorite quote in the book because the instant that I read it, I could see myself as a reflection of the bold, determined and confident Sarah.
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Marsha JJ »

I also like the quote, "There is no death. Only a change of worlds." I found this to be an uplifting and hopeful quote.
Lily_flower_the_reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-flower-the-reader.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: From Weekend Golfer to Pro Golfer in Two Years by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Lily_flower_the_reader »

What was captivating or what captured me was the quote 'there is no death, only a change of worlds'. It fit in in a captivating manner because of what happened to sarah and william
Ironside Ms
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ironside-ms.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ironside Ms »

There are several quotes that won me over in this book but the one that stood out was from Sarah. When she was adviced to learn how to handle conflicts in the place of fighting, she reply was:
"Why? I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down."
That was a great display of boldness and confidence. She's one who's determined to always win, she just won't back down. We can best relate this to life and it's challenges too. We should never back down.
Ifesi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifesi.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Ifesi »

My favourite quote was "Why? I win my fights. I don't pick fights,but I don't back down". Sarah was truly a bold woman in the story.
Doris Nwoti
Favorite Book: Randy the Irresistible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doris-nwoti.html
Latest Review: The FBI Inspector by Jay Dubya

Post by Doris Nwoti »

Amenrodion wrote: 11 Feb 2022, 14:39 I really have two and they are: ' I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down. I think it's a great philosophy to live by. My other favourite line is 'The Woman chooses in this world too' because as a woman, it might not always feel thay way and sometimes you need to remind yourself that you have the right to a choice
I honestly love those two quotes you listed, they speak volumes of the kind of woman Sarah is.
Sara Scott
Favorite Book: The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse
Currently Reading: Marilyn Manson & Me
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-scott.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sara Scott »

Ok, so I thought I was going to be slightly original here, but it seems there are a lot of strong women in this forum who share my mindset.
I also loved Sarah's quote, "I always win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down."
I feel this! I will always admit when I am wrong. I agree as demonstrated in the book that solutions can be found through partnerships and working together. I try my best to work with the best intentions, so come at me? I will end you ;)
Sydney Hedrick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sydney-hedrick.html
Latest Review: You Are Designed to be Successful by Freddie Floyd Jr
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sydney Hedrick »

When Sarah replied to being asked how she would handle conflicts without fighting:
"Why? I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down. " It shows her character boldness, determination, and confidence in herself so well. One does not always pick the challenge but will they will do their best to figure it out and handle the argument, dispute, or altercation.
Andrew Malenya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-malenya.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Andrew Malenya »

" In this world, the woman choses too" has to be the most powerful and empowering quote to every woman reader.
Andrew Malenya
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Andrew Malenya »

Sharon Christanto wrote: 10 Feb 2022, 13:07 My favorite is "I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down." It's very inspiring. It shows Sarah's bravery and strength. I even write this quote on my notebook page as a reminder to keep going forward whatever struggles lies ahead.
These must have been the most feel good moment in the book. I was impressed with Sarah's bravery.
Andrew Malenya
Currently Reading:

Post by Andrew Malenya »

Inge van Tonder wrote: 13 Feb 2022, 12:20 My favorite quote is when Victoria speaks to her father. “Find solutions through partnerships, Dad. You taught me, remember?” That hits home. Solve your problem the right way.
I love your perspective about the quote. This is the reason why Victoria was easily one of my favourite characters.
Andrew Malenya
Currently Reading:

Post by Andrew Malenya »

:x
ericamartabee wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 16:17 "The wind roared through the trees, but I heard, or felt, a terrible kind of silence."

The sentence itself sounds like what it is describing. The soft rolls of the first part,turning into the abruptness of "terrible kind". It seems like a contradiction to be able to sense both at once but it isn't.
Charlie Sheldon is an excellent writer. This oxymoron just describes how one be around so many people and still feel lonely.
Andrew Malenya
Currently Reading:

Post by Andrew Malenya »

:lol2:
Grampy wrote: 22 Feb 2022, 23:52 My favourite quote of the book is also "There is no death, only a change of worlds" That quote right there changed my perception about death and losing someone. I feel like it should be written on a platter of gold and told as a comforting words to people that are mouring.
I was reading this book at the moment my close friend had lost his father. I couldn't help marking out this quote. It is much easier to think there's a place for people after they die and it's comforting.
Andrew Malenya
Currently Reading:

Post by Andrew Malenya »

:shock:
Janelydia Mwangi wrote: 08 Feb 2022, 21:08 When Myra recalls what Sarah had visioned she connects it to their culture of the spiritual world giving a totem to a person. Hers was a bear she tells her, "...your gift"
Myra was so positive minded. Reading most comments here people loved Sara but Myra was so considerate. She took time to introduce Sarah to her culture.

Return to “Discuss Totem (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon”