Who was your favourite character and why in Totem

Use this forum to discuss the February 2022 Book of the month Totem: (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon
Andrew Malenya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-malenya.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Re: Who was your favourite character and why in Totem

Post by Andrew Malenya »

Ntombifuthi Londi wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 11:44 Sarah struck a chord with me because I, too, am a woman who is deeply involved in cultural ideas. Her character was also one of my favorites; it depicted her as a courageous and fearless woman. I'd also add that if I could become half the woman she is, I'd consider my journey of self-discovery to be complete.
Sarah from a as young as 14 had to work through some struggles including family and culture. I agree with you as I was thinking about how she can impact on other women who have walked the same path while reading the book.
Andrew Malenya
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Andrew Malenya »

Beatrice Mwangi 5 wrote: 23 Feb 2022, 07:06 My favorite character is Jared. This is because it is easy to see Sarah's character of bravery, resilience, and responsibility. However, Jared in subtle ways was able to overcome prejudices from others. He became what his father and the soldiers in the mining thought he was not capable of being.
Excellent!! I may have missed picking him as my favourite character but Jared was so honourable. It is not always people are determined to become better versions of themselves every day.
Andrew Malenya
Currently Reading:

Post by Andrew Malenya »

Sola Gracia wrote: 19 Feb 2022, 15:15 My favorite character was Myra. She is a best friend of Sara. I liked her when she guessed and discovered that the intention of the mining company was business rather than environmental dignity as they pretend to be.
Myra was very genuine and concerned. Especially about Sarah. It is good you pointed her out.
Andrew Malenya
Currently Reading:

Post by Andrew Malenya »

Being kind to someone who really needs it is the most humane thing in the world. Tom-Tom was good to Sarah and accomodating. I also loved that.
Andrew Malenya
Currently Reading:

Post by Andrew Malenya »

Bello Qudus wrote: 24 Feb 2022, 13:36 Victoria is my favorite character from the novel Totem because she is a fascinating woman who turns out to be a single mother. She takes a close look at herself and analyzes her values and goals.
    I loved this about Victoria too. Being surrounded by men doesn't deter her from standing on her truths.
    Kuchi Mercy
    Currently Reading:
    Bookshelf Size: 23
    Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kuchi-mercy.html
    Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by Kuchi Mercy »

For bravery, confidence and passion, my favorite character would be Sarah.
    Emmanuel Okotie
    Currently Reading:
    Bookshelf Size: 108
    Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-okotie.html
    Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Emmanuel Okotie »

My favorite character is no doubt, Sarah.
    Amongst many of her positive attributes, one major attribute that made me love her was her bravery. It's so inspiring.
    I also loved her demeanor and courage as well.
    Christabel18+
    Currently Reading:
    Bookshelf Size: 45
    Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel18.html
    Latest Review: The Bridge by Andrew Palmer

Post by Christabel18+ »

Without any second thoughts, I'd pick Sarah as my favorite character. I felt every single action she took in this book. I love how bold and confident she was.
    Good Writer
    Currently Reading:
    Bookshelf Size: 19
    Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-good-writer.html

Post by Good Writer »

Definitely Sarah I don't think would have made more sense without Sarah her interest in culture, her bravery and courage are highly applauded.
    Bunmi27
    Currently Reading:
    Bookshelf Size: 10
    Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bunmi27.html
    Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Bunmi27 »

Sarah Cooley is my favourite character. I admire her strength and courage. She's such a good woman with virtues I'll like to emulate.
    Wy_Bertram
    Favorite Book: 1984
    Currently Reading:
    Bookshelf Size: 121
    Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wy-bertram.html
    Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Wy_Bertram »

Mstrtim wrote: 12 Feb 2022, 10:22 Trying to pick a favorite character, from a book that is rich with incredible characters, is very difficult. If I had a carry-over favorite from the first two books, it would be William, probably because he is closer in age to me than many of the others. But specific to this book, I would say that my favorite character is Victoria. I was taught from an early age to watch out for the true protagonist in a book, with the qualification being that the protagonist is the one who is changed the most within the confines of the story. For me, this would be Victoria, a professional woman in a sea of men, and, essentially, a single mother. She digs deeply into herself and second-guesses her values and goals, eventually throwing caution to the wind and standing up for that in which she most believes, the truth and her personal integrity.
    Victoria was a character I was initially hesitant about having started the series without the first two books, but I enjoy your take on the issue. Perhaps I'll have to start looking at characters the way you do.
    honeybear_11001
    Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
    Bookshelf Size: 190
    Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honeybear-11001.html
    Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by honeybear_11001 »

I liked Sarah. She is a strong and well-built female character. I loved that she was cultured and spoke her mind.
    rose203
    Currently Reading:
    Bookshelf Size: 17
    Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose203.html
    Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by rose203 »

My favourite character was Sarah. One does not associate bravery and courage in one so young. She is the epitome of fearlessness.
    Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
    Mariam Goderdzievna
    Currently Reading:
    Bookshelf Size: 29
    Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariam-goderdzievna.html
    Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Mariam Goderdzievna »

Sarah, Sarah and Sarah! Why? Because of so many things. For example because she is not afraid to swim against the river. She is brave and fearless, much can be learned from her!
    Surabhi Rani
    In It Together VIP
    Currently Reading: Demonslayer
    Bookshelf Size: 1886
    Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
    Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
    Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

Sarah, the protagonist of the story, was definitely my favorite character in 'Totem'. I loved her rebellious nature and rational mind. The element of adventure within her was remarkable for readers. She generated warmth, strength and a very promising demeanor to me through her behavior and actions throughout the story.

Return to “Discuss Totem (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon”