The maps

Use this forum to discuss the February 2022 Book of the month Totem: (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon
Felicity kaberia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-felicity-kaberia.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Re: The maps

Post by Felicity kaberia »

According to my understanding, maps are included in the books to give overviews of places/locations described in the story. Therefore, they maps in this book plays a significant role of helping the readers understand the setting of the story. Moreover, they help in breaking the monotony while reading the book.
GaKuu De Mamer
Currently Reading: Disasters To Dream
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gakuu-de-mamer.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by GaKuu De Mamer »

In this scenario, a map can provide direction to the destination, but the sceneries vary as the events unfold. Sarah is practicing what she had learned about the culture after Myra brainstorms to her about her vision of the bear. She decided to appease the Elk's spirit. As a result, the map depicts changes in themes and locations and the history go hand in hand with understanding on how areas prior yo creation are arranged.
Almira789
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-almira789.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Almira789 »

Although it is not as significant as we should put so much attention to it, the maps presented are essential. Its primary objective is not to mislead us but instead to help us uniformly read this masterpiece. This is an excellent idea made by Charlie.
Maggie Johnson 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggie-johnson-2.html
Latest Review: Graham's Folly by Miguel Gutierrez

Post by Maggie Johnson 2 »

The maps in this story were very helpful in establishing the setting. They helped me visualize where the characters were as I was reading. They also helped me keep track of where the characters were in relation to each other.
Boohoo31
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boohoo31.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Boohoo31 »

A map, in general sense, is meant to give direction and the evaluation of wherever a person is going. We, the readers, might not even know of some strange places mentioned in the book, but with the map, it makes it more easier.
Chesko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chesko.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Chesko »

The maps helped me familiarize myself with the locations in the book. It made a great point of reference for every time I felt a little overwhelmed with the names.
Dent Odhiambo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dent-odhiambo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Dent Odhiambo »

The map was very helpful it enabled my understanding of their geographic location. It also helped in knowing where the characters were situated.
Essy Nma
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essy-nma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Essy Nma »

I like the use of a map because it makes the book engaging. It equally make the locations described in the book to be located easily
TheGayOne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thegayone12.html
Latest Review: Tarja Titan by TC Marti

Post by TheGayOne12 »

Whenever I see maps in books, it gives me so much happiness. They're there to help the readers, and they always do. It's far easier to make a connection between places, and I just love going back and looking at the map. Necessary for sure.
leeho
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leeho.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by leeho »

The maps serve as both a visual help and a vital part of the plot. They guide the story's and characters' movements and serve as a resource for readers. It gives visual readers and others who appreciate reading/interpreting maps an actual mental picture of how or where the story unfolds. Some may find the maps difficult to understand or distracting, but I feel they serve to tell the expedition's story.
PrincessVenus554
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princessvenus554.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by PrincessVenus554 »

The significance of this map is that it serves as a navigation for us readers to relate ourselves with the setting of this story. This has really been vital, as it made my reading fast pace. I think this idea is brilliant and can also be considered a masterpiece.
estanlypido12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-estanlypido12.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by estanlypido12 »

Somehow, the book’s theme is basically centralizes on the environmental setting. Having said that, these maps indeed help me to read smoothly and not be perplexed by the environment that is being mentioned, especially when the author is about to jump into a new perspective. These have been essential primarily to locate such places in the following passages.
Ay Obaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ay-obaj.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ay Obaj »

I found the maps helpful. A lot of places were mentioned and with the help of the maps I was able to flow with the author and not get lost in between
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

I think the maps were a nice touch. They helped me get immersed into the story. I also liked them because they helped me navigate the places in the book.
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

The maps are there to help readers in imagining the scenes and setting of the story. Since there are frequent scene changes, through the maps you can picturise their location making it more relatable and engrossing.

Return to “Discuss Totem (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon”