Overall rating and opinion of "My Enemy in Vietnam" by Billy Springer

Use this forum to discuss the March 2022 Book of the month, "My Enemy in Vietnam" by Billy Springer
Christopher Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "My Enemy in Vietnam" by Billy Springer

Post by Christopher Martin »

I loved the author's vivid description of the war. I teleported me to that time in history when it occurred. It promotes the need for harmony among people from all walks of life. I will definitely recommend it to others.
Tendy567
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tendy567.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Tendy567 »

The most dominant theme in this book is racism. We are all equal and no one is more human than the other regardless of skin colour. I'm not really a fan of memoirs but this book was quite intriguing. It fits perfectly in the non-fiction genre.
Judy46
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy46.html
Latest Review: The First Time Father by Alfie Thomas

Post by Judy46 »

A very fascinating read, the author did well in giving an eye-opening account of the Vietnam war, parts which aren't known to the public. I highly recommend this book to people who enjoy war themes and nonfiction.
Bookfest101
Currently Reading: Fast-Starting A Career of Consequence
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookfest101.html
Latest Review: The Ping-Pong Champion of Chinatown by James Hanna

Post by Bookfest101 »

I like the vivid way the author describe events in the war, it made feel like I was there. The age old theme of racism, friendship and acceptance was a beautiful combination too. It is altogether a good read
Ikechukwu+12345
Currently Reading: TBD
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-12345.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Ikechukwu+12345 »

Generally, the book expressly elaborated on two aspects; Racism and Friendship. However, I love the plot, the content, and the message the book is trying to enact.
Andrew Malenya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-malenya.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Andrew Malenya »

We may not live in the war era anymore but the issues brought up by this book still affects our societies today. The author details a personal account of his experience in Vietnam and through his lenses we learn so much. I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars.
Chinaka94
Currently Reading: Making Her His
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaka94.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chinaka94 »

The book is an impressive memoir and the account of the Vietnam war told by the author is authentic. I would recommend the book to lovers of war stories and documentaries. Despite the editing issues, it's a good book.
NBG
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by NBG »

I have enjoyed the book very well although it is not the type of books I have previously read about Vietnam War. This is not your average war novel. More to the point, the storyline belongs to an era where the colored people in America were not recognised as the are in today's world.
Atova
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atova.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Atova »

This book has opened my eyes to what racism really is, and the detrimental effect it has in our society. People act the way they do, not because they want to, but because the society; lead by it's broken laws, has made them act that way. Kudos to the author on pointing this part of history out to us readers, and a greater kudos to those readers who would learn something good from this book, and implement it in the way they treat others.
Andrew Malenya
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Andrew Malenya »

I appreciate how the author shows us different aspects of the war that we initially did not know about. He addresses issues like racism which I found to be relevant.
Andrew Malenya
Currently Reading:

Post by Andrew Malenya »

POETIC PACIFIC wrote: 01 Mar 2022, 11:58 This is the work of an insightful writer, by just reading the bulb, I seem to notice a sense of fear and suspicion that do engulfs us all when confronted with this aged old issue of racism. I mean we all feel that same way; one way or other, either you feel good about it or you feel bad about it, we all come from a human race, and you are not human if you are not racist. But this is not important, because we can overcome that; like Vietnamese befriending a black guy from the US as mentioned in the book or a Japanese fellow marrying an Arab etc.
But what is at stake here is one rather complicated and complex issue and that is mistrustfulness. Racism is like the cover one uses when he/she sees another person with different skin colour, but the real issue behind it is about having that mistrust. I think this is a must-read book for all of us because it has good lessons to learn from.
The author just described to us how much racism affects us more than how much we want to admit. Most of the themes in the book are true.
Guillermo12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-guillermo12.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Guillermo12 »

I loved reading this book. The author's personal experiences are written in a vivid manner. This is a very informative book about the Vietnam war
Emerizx
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emerizx.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Emerizx »

The book is so interesting, one prominent thing that I love about the book was that exposes racism so many people are facing in their day to day activates in Vietnam. I recommend the book to those who wish to conquer their fear and what occurred during Vietnam war.
Regard003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regard003.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Regard003 »

I think the author did a good job is this book. But I really don't like it. Books about racism makes me sad, then talk of the Vietnam war. I'm glad I read this book though, I learnt a lot
Vivian Amponsah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Vivian Amponsah »

The book is very educative and informing, thus highlithing racism. Easy to read, and its simple words will guide you to the finish line.I will rate this book 4 out stars and recommend it to people from all aspect of life.

Return to “Discuss "My Enemy in Vietnam" by Billy Springer”