Overall rating and opinion of "My Enemy in Vietnam" by Billy Springer

Use this forum to discuss the March 2022 Book of the month, "My Enemy in Vietnam" by Billy Springer
Ola_Elise
Currently Reading: The Dream Keepers
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ola-elise.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "My Enemy in Vietnam" by Billy Springer

Post by Ola_Elise »

My Enemy in Vietnam is an important story because it provides a unique perspective based on the author's personal experience. It was eye-opening because it gave me a different perspective on the Vietnam War. The problem of racism discussed in the book is still important in today's world.
Books are a unique form of accessible magic. Reading is required for those who wish to rise above the mundane. If you dislike reading, it's most likely because you haven't found the right book.
Amenrodion
Currently Reading: Fates Sweet Passion
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amenrodion.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Amenrodion »

I think this is a remarkable book that explores difficult themes in a manner not too difficult to digest
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

I loved reading this book. It gave a perfect description of the writer's experience of the war. Such issues as racism which is prevalent in today's world were also addressed. I also loved the way the content of the book was put together. Kudos to the author once again. I freely rate this book a four out of four stars and it will be most suitable for lovers of war stories.
Leandre Nyathi
Currently Reading: The Intense Reality of Eternity
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leandre-nyathi.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Leandre Nyathi »

I have only read reviews of this book and from what I have read so far, my interest is piqued. I do enjoy books about war and it seems war is a big theme here. I do look forward to reading the book some day.
Oluwatosin Balogun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwatosin-balogun.html
Latest Review: Musings of an Autistic Mind by Darryl Jefferson

Post by Oluwatosin Balogun »

I would recommend this book to others; especially to those who enjoy books in this genre and also because I loved the book. It gave an actual account of the Vietnam war and the author did a wonderful job at narrating the story in such a simple, yet insightful way. The character development was beautiful too. I enjoyed reading it.
Frank Mutuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frank-mutuma.html

Post by Frank Mutuma »

I loved the book as it tries to address the thorny issue of racism. Further more the book is great as it gives the authors own experiences. I think what makes addressing racism difficult is mistrust between the different human races, this might be entrenched by cultural differences
Zwelihle_Myeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zwelihle-myeni.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Zwelihle_Myeni »

The author did a thorough research when it came to this topic, hence the book turned out so good. I believe everyone can and should read this book. It deserves a healthy 4 out of 4 stars from me.
Tosin Le
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tosin-le.html
Latest Review: The BLACK BOTTOM by Theo Czuk

Post by Tosin Le »

Racism is not something anyone should experience. I love the fact that this book addressed it. I didn't dislike any aspect of this book because I learned from the subject. The authors writing style was self-explanatory. I recommend it anyone who detest racism because they would find it beneficial.
Wamala Elijah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wamala-elijah.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Wamala Elijah »

We as a whole should live respectively enamored and solidarity notwithstanding our fluctuated foundations and skin tone. This book includes these. All pieces of it were interesting to me. As far as I might be concerned, it was simply a verifiable book. I'll best prescribe it to admirers of journals since they will track down it worth perusing.
Gnex_09
Favorite Book: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnex-09.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by Gnex_09 »

Indeed the issue of racism is one that demands urgent attention. We should all learn to see ourselves as one irrespective of color. The author did a good job by writing about this crucial matter of racism. His writing style was top-notch, however I noticed that the book was not properly edited. I will have to rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to racists all over the world.
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

This book was very insightful and reveals a lot of things about the Vietnam war. The author skillfully highlights racism among other themes. Readers who enjoy nonfiction and war books should definitely read this.
Maryam Bashir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maryam-bashir.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Maryam Bashir »

This book is very educating and gives introspect about the Vietnam War. The way racism is brought up in the book should be applauded. I think it is a good read and anyone can read it. I rate this book four out of four stars.
Anuvamsha S A
Currently Reading: The Hobbit
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anuvamsha-s-a.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Anuvamsha S A »

This story portrays the experience of the author in Vietnam. Speaking up about the racial issues in Vietnam. " I had to watch my back 24-7 from men who wore the same uniform as me." This line really had me think about how the people suffering from this kind of issue every day.
Frank Mutuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frank-mutuma.html

Post by Frank Mutuma »

The book is very interesting and gives a different perspective on the Vietnam war. It gives an insight into issue of racism and how the suspicion and fear that surround us cause greater divides. Through learning the language of the natives enables the author to understand them better.
Good--writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-good-writer_3423672.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Good--writer »

I loved how the book encouraged unity and condemn racism. If the world could apply the lessons in this book it would be a better place.

Return to “Discuss "My Enemy in Vietnam" by Billy Springer”