Overall rating and opinion of "My Enemy in Vietnam" by Billy Springer

Use this forum to discuss the March 2022 Book of the month, "My Enemy in Vietnam" by Billy Springer
Precious_12
Currently Reading: Final Chance
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-12.html
Latest Review: Deviancy by Rose Linderman, Psy.D.

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "My Enemy in Vietnam" by Billy Springer

Post by Precious_12 »

I really loved this book. The author gave an indepth explanation of war. Racism was a major theme if this book. I would recommend this book to lovers of war and also non-fiction books.
Good Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-good-writer.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Good Writer »

The author is a very experienced writer as he has open my eyes on the concept of racism and also shared his real life experiences which made the book captivating.
Okoye Chinonso+
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

To those who love nonfiction, historical and war related books, this book would be the best. It's basically talking about the author and his experience during the war.
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Okoye Chinonso+
Currently Reading:

The author spoke about the incidence that happened during the Vietnam war. It has so much information because he (the author) was there himself. Though he didn't focus on the brutality like every other war genre novel. It's an interesting discovery.
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Christopherio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopherio.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Christopherio »

I think the descriptive nature of this book is what draws me, trying to explain one's experience in such details is definitely something to commend..the author definitely did a good job not just by writing a different and almost completely ignored aspect of war but in giving a broad insight of racism.
creatived18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-creatived18.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by creatived18 »

War always has some fear surrounding it and that is justifiable as war is not nice. The author provided a vivid description of war as it happened in Vietnam. His experience was scary and worth reading about.
rose203
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose203.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by rose203 »

As a dedicated war story enthusiast, I thoroughly enjoyed Billy Springer's take on the often inaccurately told and controversial Vietnam war. The book also crucially notes prevailing societal ills such as racism. A wonderful read in deed.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Okoye Chinonso+
Currently Reading:

Christopherio wrote: 25 Apr 2022, 15:55 I think the descriptive nature of this book is what draws me, trying to explain one's experience in such details is definitely something to commend..the author definitely did a good job not just by writing a different and almost completely ignored aspect of war but in giving a broad insight of racism.
Exactly what I think too. I love how the author didn't emphasise the brutality of the war but rather spoke more about the racism that happened then.
Chris Micheal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopher-n-10.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Chris Micheal »

The author discusses a new perspective of the Vietnam war that wasn't so much talked about. Those who enjoy history will find this book very interesting.
Nandini Mukherjee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nandini-mukherjee.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Nandini Mukherjee »

This book brings forward a very real representation of the victims of a war especially of those suffering due to their racial origin. It had been really insightful into the lives of the people stuck in a war. I would definitely recommend this book to others.
Jhoycekira
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jhoycekira.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Jhoycekira »

The book itself was quite educative although not the kind of book I would normally like to read, but it was worth the shot. The author did a good job writing about his experiences in his own very unique way. I would recommend this book to people who enjoy reading the non fiction genre with themes of racism and war.
Elenimo Chembe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elenimo-chembe.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Elenimo Chembe »

It is a remarkable book. Being a fan of history and non-fiction this book just falls in line with my preferences. A book about the Vietnam war like this is timeless. Great work!
Shazrambo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shazrambo.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Shazrambo »

I liked this book from its implicit description of the Vietnam War. Just by not judging a book by its cover, this book presents the notion that external descriptions of war fail to provide the full details and leave out important information.
Ola_Elise
Currently Reading: The Dream Keepers
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ola-elise.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ola_Elise »

My Enemy in Vietnam is a valuable story because it gives a different perspective based on the author's experience. The topic of racism addressed in the book is still relevant to modern times as well. I recommend this novel to anybody who enjoys reading about history.
Books are a unique form of accessible magic. Reading is required for those who wish to rise above the mundane. If you dislike reading, it's most likely because you haven't found the right book.
Precious_12
Currently Reading: Final Chance
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-12.html
Latest Review: Deviancy by Rose Linderman, Psy.D.

Post by Precious_12 »

I really loved and enjoyed everything about this book. The author did a good job in it. I even learned a lesson from it. I got to learn about the Vietnam war. I got to see things from the author's point of view. I also like how the author developed the characters. I didn't detest anything about this book

Return to “Discuss "My Enemy in Vietnam" by Billy Springer”