Favorite scene from the book

Use this forum to discuss the March 2022 Book of the month, "My Enemy in Vietnam" by Billy Springer
Anne Lucas
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anne-lucas.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Favorite scene from the book

Post by Anne Lucas »

Which scene from this book do you like the most?
My favorite scene is when the Vietnamese asked the author and the other Black men, "Why are you helping the oppressor oppress us when your people are being oppressed in your country?”
:tiphat:
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

My favorite scene would be when Major Dan Cherry shot down the MiG 21 in a dogfight that he would never forget. It was really descriptive. I love how the author detailed the story.
Amelia-Lily
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amelia-lily.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Amelia-Lily »

Anne Lucas wrote: 01 Mar 2022, 22:55 Which scene from this book do you like the most?
My favorite scene is when the Vietnamese asked the author and the other Black men, "Why are you helping the oppressor oppress us when your people are being oppressed in your country?”
I actually find it pretty difficult to pick out a favorite scene. The book was great, the plot is really interesting and the settings, well thought out.
Anne Lucas
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by Anne Lucas »

Amelia-Lily wrote: 04 Mar 2022, 11:01
Anne Lucas wrote: 01 Mar 2022, 22:55 Which scene from this book do you like the most?
I actually find it pretty difficult to pick out a favorite scene. The book was great, the plot is really interesting and the settings, well thought out.
The whole book is amazing indeed. It also provides many new insights and aspects of the Vietnam war. :techie-studyingbrown:
Anne Lucas

Post by Anne Lucas »

Raymond N wrote: 03 Mar 2022, 21:30 My favorite scene would be when Major Dan Cherry shot down the MiG 21 in a dogfight that he would never forget. It was really descriptive. I love how the author detailed the story.
That scene was awe-worthy indeed! The author has given really good descriptions all along. It made my experience of reading this book so much better!
Ify-babe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ify-babe.html
Latest Review: The Spiritual Game of Golf . . . and of life by Gerald Collier Davis

Post by Ify-babe »

I think I also like the scene of when the Vietnamese asked the author and other black people if they are also oppressing them. It was a suspense-filled moment.
Alexander C Schmoock
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

The scene of the question by the Vietnamese to the author and the other black men was very easily my favourite part of the book. The depth of the question left me shaking my head in agreement.
owobanji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-owobanji.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by owobanji »

Raymond N wrote: 03 Mar 2022, 21:30 My favorite scene would be when Major Dan Cherry shot down the MiG 21 in a dogfight that he would never forget. It was really descriptive. I love how the author detailed the story.
I have to side with you on this one. That was definitely the best scene from the book by all measure. I mean, like the way Author Billy describes is pretty splendid, and he did not hold back in this scene. This is some great stuff.
Bello Qudus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bello-qudus.html
Latest Review: The Lady J Experiment by Kim Ekemar

Post by Bello Qudus »

Picking a favorite scene from this fantastic book is probably the hardest thing I can do. I enjoyed the time spent on this engrossing novel. Billy Springer deserves some accolades for a tremendous job well done.
Rhodahams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhodahams.html
Latest Review: Prisoner Prodigal Pawn by Robert Sparkman

Post by Rhodahams »

I quite agree with you on this one. It was quite touching and I could feel how the Vietnamese felt at that point.
ikechukwuamarachi+55
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwuamarachi-55.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by ikechukwuamarachi+55 »

My favorite scene was when Billy Springer was called Ben- me meaning soul brother. I could imagine the author's happiness at that moment.
Rashi Agrawal
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashi-agrawal.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Rashi Agrawal »

It is quite difficult to select one or a few favourite scenes from the book. I loved the whole of it. The book is so heart-touching, it made me emotional.
Kathleen Wilcock
Currently Reading: Fifty Shames of Earl Grey
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathleen-wilcock.html
Latest Review: A Life Worth Dying For by Michele Collins
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kathleen Wilcock »

I agree! The description really helped bring the scene alive and connect reader to narrator.
Nwankwo GC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwankwo-gc.html
Latest Review: The Chosen by Brandy Marks

Post by Nwankwo GC »

Very apt question from the Vietnamese. Coincidentally that was also my favorite part of the book because I was curious to know the motivation of the author and the other black men for supporting an oppression their people also suffer. It made no sense to me.
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

My favorite scene was when the Vietnamese questioned the author. I couldn't get over it even after reading.

Return to “Discuss "My Enemy in Vietnam" by Billy Springer”