Favorite scene from the book

Use this forum to discuss the March 2022 Book of the month, "My Enemy in Vietnam" by Billy Springer
Katib Mahmood
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katib-mahmood.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Re: Favorite scene from the book

Post by Katib Mahmood »

This book was entirely an unforgettable event and I am trying hard to describe my favourite and to choose between so many but the scene that hit my heart when Vietnamese asked the question from author and I felt it quite hard to come out of the effect of that.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

ikechukwuamarachi+55 wrote: 10 Mar 2022, 15:45 My favorite scene was when Billy Springer was called Ben- me meaning soul brother. I could imagine the author's happiness at that moment.
This was also my favorite scene, I felt sympathy and happiness at the same time for the author.
Wesusa
Favorite Book: Dune
Currently Reading: A Clash of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesusa.html
Latest Review: Thunder and Lightning, They're Not So Frightening by JD Schmith

Post by Wesusa »

Like many, I chose the Vietnamese asking the Black men a question. It really did encapsulate a lot in a simple few words and reading it again now really makes me appreciate the beauty of it.
A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.

The only person who can sympathize with and understand you, is you. So, be good to yourself.
Gifty_biblophile
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gifty-biblophile.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Gifty_biblophile »

There were so many interesting scenes in the book but I think I’ll pick when the MiG 21 was shot down. The author gave a detailed description concerning Major Dan Cherry and how the MiG 21 was brought down. Kudos to the author on this.
RajvirxSandhu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rajvirxsandhu.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by RajvirxSandhu »

The novel was very heartfelt and emotional for me. There were many scenes that I liked. One of them was when the Vietnamese people had asked the author why they were with the oppressors and helping them when they were being oppressed in their own country. It really hit me hard, and I thought of the racism we face even in our own countries.
Bookallious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookallious.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Bookallious »

Amelia-Lily wrote: 04 Mar 2022, 11:01
Anne Lucas wrote: 01 Mar 2022, 22:55 Which scene from this book do you like the most?
My favorite scene is when the Vietnamese asked the author and the other Black men, "Why are you helping the oppressor oppress us when your people are being oppressed in your country?”
I actually find it pretty difficult to pick out a favorite scene. The book was great, the plot is really interesting and the settings, well thought out.
I concur. How would one possibly pick a favorite scene from a book of many interesting scenes. Trust me, I did try but just when I thought it couldn't get any better, I am always wrong.
F N Chamomile
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 583
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-f-n-chamomile.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by F N Chamomile »

Anne Lucas wrote: 01 Mar 2022, 22:55 Which scene from this book do you like the most?
My favorite scene is when the Vietnamese asked the author and the other Black men, "Why are you helping the oppressor oppress us when your people are being oppressed in your country?”
That is one interesting scene. I would add that that particular line is also thought-provoking, making us question humanity and social equality, especially during wartime.
degoodwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-degoodwriter.html
Latest Review: The Intelligence Factor by Erik Fisher

Post by degoodwriter »

I don't know how people get a favourite plot from a book this good. I found almost every scene in this book touching. I didn't have any favourite scene
Elendu Ekechukwu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Elendu Ekechukwu »

The part where the Vietnamese asked the author and other men why pledge allegiance to people who hate them was my best scene
Dent Odhiambo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dent-odhiambo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Dent Odhiambo »

When it comes to choosing a favorite scene it would be an impossible task. This is because I loved the whole book in general due to the descriptive way it was written.
Ay Obaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ay-obaj.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ay Obaj »

When the Vietnamese questioned the author and asked them why they would pledge allegiance to people killing their kind
Praise George-kayode
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-george-kayode.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Praise George-kayode »

Anne Lucas wrote: 04 Mar 2022, 11:58
Raymond N wrote: 03 Mar 2022, 21:30 My favorite scene would be when Major Dan Cherry shot down the MiG 21 in a dogfight that he would never forget. It was really descriptive. I love how the author detailed the story.
That scene was awe-worthy indeed! The author has given really good descriptions all along. It made my experience of reading this book so much better!
This scene is also my most favourite if not all the scenes in the book. The author did so much of a great job in the novel.
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Post by Ceeco2002 »

Exactly! That's my best scene as well. That scene was really touching and I've got to say, that question was a really deep one, I could feel how the Vietnamese felt at that point.
Adore Alaike
Currently Reading: The Da Vinci Code
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adore-alaike.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Adore Alaike »

In my opinion is there only 1 favourite scene for me? No. This book was something I could relate so well that choosing a specific scene isn't something I am able to do. Let's just say every scene was my favourite scene.
Lily_flower_the_reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-flower-the-reader.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: From Weekend Golfer to Pro Golfer in Two Years by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Lily_flower_the_reader »

Definitely like the scene where the vietnamese asked the black people if they are also oppressing them

Return to “Discuss "My Enemy in Vietnam" by Billy Springer”