Favorite scene from the book

Use this forum to discuss the March 2022 Book of the month, "My Enemy in Vietnam" by Billy Springer
Sarai Burgos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarai-burgos.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Re: Favorite scene from the book

Post by Sarai Burgos »

My favorite scene was when the Vietnamese asked the author and the other black men a question. The profundity of the question rendered me speechless.
Stizzy Monday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stizzy-monday.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Stizzy Monday »

Raymond N wrote: 03 Mar 2022, 21:30 My favorite scene would be when Major Dan Cherry shot down the MiG 21 in a dogfight that he would never forget. It was really descriptive. I love how the author detailed the story.
This is spot on. I was about to say the same thing when I saw your comment. This is the most "edge of the seat' part of the book. The author detailed the scene in a very magnetic way.
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

One of the scenes in this book I find intriguing is the fight between major Dan and MiG 21. I really enjoyed reading that part.
chinonye-nonye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonye-nonye.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by chinonye-nonye »

Anne Lucas wrote: 01 Mar 2022, 22:55 Which scene from this book do you like the most?
My favorite scene is when the Vietnamese asked the author and the other Black men, "Why are you helping the oppressor oppress us when your people are being oppressed in your country?”
These scene also got to me. I felt the deep pain and could connect to it. It was really very emotional too. However, I don’t know if I can call it my favorite scene. It can as well be I don’t have a favorite scene, I just love the whole story.
Munaluna
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-munaluna.html
Latest Review: Twisted But True by Darren Burch

Post by Munaluna »

The book is interesting and I found it duffcult to pick out a particular part as my favorite. Though I think that the part the vietnamese questioned the author held my attention.
Kehinde Hussein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kehinde-hussein.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Kehinde Hussein »

Even scene of the book was totally appreciated and its hard to pick out any favorite scene out of the book. Billy Springer absolutely gave the readers a feeling that will linger on for a longer period of time.
Rizki Pradana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizki-pradana.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rizki Pradana »

My favorite scene from this book was when the Vietnamese asked the author and his companions about why they were getting suppressed. It was touching my heart when I read that part.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

My favorite scene was the whole “Leper Colony” scene. It encompassed so many themes in one. The author and one of his fellow (presumably White) GIs attended mass at a leper colony at the request of the French priest who ran it. I liked that this outing showed compassion, faith, selflessness, and unity. It also included the lepers asking the same questions about the inequalities in the U.S. I was touched by the tears they all shared at the end--each group no doubt crying for different reasons. I cried too.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Kenneth Chimezie
Currently Reading: TBD
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-chimezie.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kenneth Chimezie »

Wow.. it is not really easy to pick out a favourite scene in this interesting and emotional book
But if I really have to give an answer then my favourite scene would be when the Vietnamese questioned the author and other black men. That scene was very touching.
Chinwe Favour
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinwe-favour.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Chinwe Favour »

All scene in this book was amazing but my favourite is when the Vietnamese asked the author and other black people if they are also oppressing them.
Anne Lucas
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anne-lucas.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by Anne Lucas »

Ify-babe wrote: 06 Mar 2022, 02:19 I think I also like the scene of when the Vietnamese asked the author and other black people if they are also oppressing them. It was a suspense-filled moment.
It was a moment of deep thought indeed! This book has beautifully wrapped up the theme of racism.
:tiphat:
Anne Lucas
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anne-lucas.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by Anne Lucas »

Rashi Agrawal wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 01:40 It is quite difficult to select one or a few favourite scenes from the book. I loved the whole of it. The book is so heart-touching, it made me emotional.
I agree with you on this. This whole book has been such a good read that It's very difficult to assign any one scene the title of best.
:tiphat:
Jumana Fawmi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jumana-fawmi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Jumana Fawmi »

I actually find it hard to select one scene to be my favorite. The book was great. The plot was well done. And the settings well described. It also provides many new insights to the war.
Soraya Bayah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thuriya-albayaa.html
Latest Review: The Lockdown Collection by Barry Jacob

Post by Soraya Bayah »

Although many scenes were emotional and though-provoking, I have to agree with you that the reply from the Veitmanese was my absolute best. The book is indeed remarkable.
Hogwarts03
Currently Reading: Shatter Me
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hogwarts03.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Hogwarts03 »

I don't think I have a favorite scene because the entire prose of the book really dove in deep and immersed me. To pick a specific scene from the entirety would be impossible for me.

Return to “Discuss "My Enemy in Vietnam" by Billy Springer”