Favorite scene from the book

Use this forum to discuss the March 2022 Book of the month, "My Enemy in Vietnam" by Billy Springer
Oluwasogo Familusi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwasogo-familusi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Re: Favorite scene from the book

Post by Oluwasogo Familusi »

Anne Lucas wrote: 01 Mar 2022, 22:55 Which scene from this book do you like the most?
My favorite scene is when the Vietnamese asked the author and the other Black men, "Why are you helping the oppressor oppress us when your people are being oppressed in your country?”
I will also agree to this. The scene depicts what I will call the innermost emotion of Vietnamese at that particular period.
Atova
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atova.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Atova »

As a gun-lover, my favorite scene would be when Major Dan Cherry shot down the MiG 21 in a dogfight. The author really outdid himself there, as the description was vivid.
Emmanuel Okotie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-okotie.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Emmanuel Okotie »

JamesJaphet wrote: 07 Mar 2022, 04:31 The scene of the question by the Vietnamese to the author and the other black men was very easily my favourite part of the book. The depth of the question left me shaking my head in agreement.
Of course, it was a great scene and also captivating for me.
Emmanuel Okotie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-okotie.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Emmanuel Okotie »

Anne Lucas wrote: 01 Mar 2022, 22:55 Which scene from this book do you like the most?
My favorite scene is when the Vietnamese asked the author and the other Black men, "Why are you helping the oppressor oppress us when your people are being oppressed in your country?”
To be quite honest, there were many interesting and intriguing scenes this book. It'd be a little bit difficult for me to pick just one as my favorite.
Vivian Amponsah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Vivian Amponsah »

My favorite scene was when the author was questioned by the Vietnamese. Very catching and tricky language
Purplesturv
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purplesturv.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Purplesturv »

Raymond N wrote: 03 Mar 2022, 21:30 My favorite scene would be when Major Dan Cherry shot down the MiG 21 in a dogfight that he would never forget. It was really descriptive. I love how the author detailed the story.
The entire book was a fantastic read. So many scenes stood out for me and it would be difficult to streamline to just but. But I can't agree less that this scene was very detailed.
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

I feel that having to pick one particular scene would be an injustice to the book. I enjoyed the whole book. Perhaps the one part where the local people asked about opression? I really can't make up my mind though.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

I enjoyed all the pages of the book but my favorite scene was when the Vietnamese questioned the author and the other black men. Indeed the book is suspense-filled.
Elendu Divine-Treasure
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-divine-treasure.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Elendu Divine-Treasure »

I couldn't hold my tears when the vietnamese asked his fellow black men why they were being so cruel to them.
Lily_flower_the_reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-flower-the-reader.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: From Weekend Golfer to Pro Golfer in Two Years by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Lily_flower_the_reader »

This is an amazing book with a unique and interesting plot. It's very difficult to choose a favourite scene from this book because I liked every part of it but I especially love the part where the Vietnamese questioned the author.
ellimctreph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellimctreph.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by ellimctreph »

There were a lot of really powerful scenes in this book, but the one that really stood out to me was when the Vietnamese finally accepted the author and called him "soul brother."
Precious_12
Currently Reading: Final Chance
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-12.html
Latest Review: Deviancy by Rose Linderman, Psy.D.

Post by Precious_12 »

I am having a hard time picking out a favorite part from this book. The truth is, I really enjoyed every aspect of this book and almost every aspect were my favorite part. But then I think I would go with you, my most favourite part would be when the author and the black men were questioned. The enthusiasm of the author was on another level.
Ola_Elise
Currently Reading: The Dream Keepers
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ola-elise.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ola_Elise »

It was difficult for me to choose a favorite part of the novel, but the scene in which the Vietnamese question the author and the other black men about why they were assisting the oppressor in oppressing them while their own people were being oppressed in their own country caught my interest.
Books are a unique form of accessible magic. Reading is required for those who wish to rise above the mundane. If you dislike reading, it's most likely because you haven't found the right book.
Amenrodion
Currently Reading: Fates Sweet Passion
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amenrodion.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Amenrodion »

As a black person, my favorite scene was the Vietnamese pointing out to the black soldiers that they are partaking in oppression when they themselves are being oppressed
Raquel Sojo
Currently Reading: Egomaniac
Bookshelf Size: 410
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raquel-sojo.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Raquel Sojo »

It's definitely impossible to choose just one scene because the whole experience of the author is captivating and full of messages and lessons that address different areas. But of this particular anecdote, I can say that it was simply like an iron fist in a velvet glove.

Return to “Discuss "My Enemy in Vietnam" by Billy Springer”