Overall rating and opinion of "Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess" by Dan E. Hendrickson

Use this forum to discuss the April 2022 Book of the month, "Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess" by Dan E. Hendrickson.
Soraya Bayah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thuriya-albayaa.html
Latest Review: The Lockdown Collection by Barry Jacob

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess" by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Soraya Bayah »

I wholly enjoyed Brandy. It is a perfect example of a novel that has diverse but compatible components and characters. I rated it a perfect rating, as I did not find a thing to dislike about it. The writing style and progression of both characters and the plot were marvelous. The twists were certainly breathtaking and I enjoyed the relationships immensely. I am sure that fans of historical fiction will enjoy it.
Sseatvet1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sseatvet1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sseatvet1 »

I was really surprised that I enjoyed this book as much as I did. I was bummed when I saw that the BOTM was a pirate story but now I'm a fan of Dan Hendrickson! I really enjoy very descriptive writing and I think this book fit that for sure. I gave this book a 3 out 4, and it was hard to give it 3 but I really did not enjoy the romance and love story parts between some of the characters. Yes, the love and romance had a huge part of the story and was actually written in very well....I' just not a romance story type of person.
Chris Micheal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopher-n-10.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Chris Micheal »

Brandy is a daughter of former pirates who has to hide her identity in order to survive. Filled with adventure and action, this is an interesting historical fiction book that will interest reader's who enjoy history. It deserves a 4 out of 4 stars rating.
Susan Kihleng
Currently Reading: Just Give Me a Soft Place to Land
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-kihleng.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Susan Kihleng »

I loved the book! I gave it 4 out of 4 stars. I enjoyed the writing style, the action, the romance, and I appreciated the tackling of difficult subjects of the time period such as slave trading and smuggling.
Blessing E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-e.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Blessing E »

I used to think that I'm not usually big on historical fiction novels until I tried reading this book. That was when I realized that a good book is indeed a good book. I loved every bit of this book and I've opened my mind to read different genres of books.
Blossy20
Currently Reading: Understanding the business of health care
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blossy20.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Blossy20 »

Brandy, Ballad of a pirate princess is an exciting historical fiction about a female pirate that is trying to fulfill her destiny. I loved the character of the protagonist. She is bold, intelligent, beautiful, and ambitious. I did not dislike any aspects of this novel. The writing style of the author is very descriptive. Her world building is impressive. This novel is a combination of three genres namely, historical - fiction, bildungroman, and romance. Anybody that likes fiction should read this book. It is a very entertaining work of art.
Raccoon
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Raccoon »

This is a fantastic pirate story, complete with hideous, stinky pirates, beautiful ladies, and noble heroes. This story is chock-full of collusion, just like a good pirate story should be. This novel has a good mix of likable characters, action, and even romance. I had a great time with Brandy and her friends. The only regret is that the story ended far too soon!
Lydia Efobi 1
Favorite Book: Love Hypothesis
Currently Reading: Six of Crows
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lydia-efobi-1.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Lydia Efobi 1 »

I would rate this book a 4 out out 4 stars mainly because I'm a huge fan of novels with strong female leads. The author is also very skilled: his writing was clear and electrifying.
Blucabana
Currently Reading: The girl that loved carravalagio
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blucabana.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Blucabana »

This novel is a masterpiece. The storyline captivated my mind from the beginning till the end. I really liked the way the story ended, it was satisfying. There was nothing about this book that I did not like. The author's writing style is descriptive and narrative. The diction that is used is simple and clear. This novel is historical fiction that contains elements of a romance. Everybody needs to read this book. It is so entertaining.
Emerizx
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emerizx.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Emerizx »

The book was superb, interesting and packed full of actions, I love how Brandy and her uncle convinced their captors that they are just mere slaves destined for the markets of the US. I recommend the book to those who love pirate book.
Amarachi Nwankwo03
Currently Reading: Summer Showers
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amarachinwankwo.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Amarachi Nwankwo03 »

Brandy, Ballad of a pirate princess is a brilliantly written historical novel about pirates, sea captains, corruption, slavery and redemption. The authors writing style is pretty much straightforward with the perfect amount of description. I would give this book a 3 out of 4 stars. Other than a few editorial mistakes noticed, I found the book to be well written, suspenseful and full of gripping plot twists.
Chinaka94
Currently Reading: Making Her His
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaka94.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chinaka94 »

I thoroughly enjoyed that story. The combination of characters and the manner of storytelling is commendable. The sweet romance between the younger and the older couple was enjoyable too. It's a 4 out of 4 star rating for me
Sandradozie1995
Currently Reading: The Fifth Strain
Bookshelf Size: 54

Post by Sandradozie1995 »

Great book. Beautiful and interesting storyline. The author sure knows how to keep his readers glued, had a great read with book. The character development was too intriguing.
Ola_Elise
Currently Reading: The Dream Keepers
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ola-elise.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ola_Elise »

This is the story of an orphan who struggled for her independence and that of her community. The plot was both interesting and motivating to me. However, I despised some of the novel's characters because they were underdeveloped. The writing is descriptive, accurate, concise, and entertaining. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars.
Jenny Matthews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenny-matthews.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Jenny Matthews »

This was a great book filled with action. I like Zhang and the sacrifices Kat made for her daughter, really made an impact to me.

Return to “Discuss "Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess" by Dan E. Hendrickson”