Overall rating and opinion of "Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess" by Dan E. Hendrickson

Use this forum to discuss the April 2022 Book of the month, "Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess" by Dan E. Hendrickson.
Delioness
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delioness.html
Latest Review: Without Redemption by David Griffith

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess" by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Delioness »

Brandy was my favorite character. The author's dictions was so simplistic that it was so easy to understand the storyline. So I really could understand the rationale behind Brandy's choices, I even sympathized with her a couple of times.
Essy Nma
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essy-nma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Essy Nma »

Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess is historical fiction with romance. I like how Brandy remains strong in fighting against enemies. The adventures were interesting and will recommend them to others. This book deserves a four out of four-star rating.
Kayla Archer
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayla-archer.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Kayla Archer »

I really enjoyed the book from the beginning, but I felt like the ending went fast and became a little mediocre. I think more details could have been added and not just the direct route the author took. I'll give this book a 3 out 4 stars.
SnowStorm244
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Courageous
Currently Reading: Looking Glass Friends
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowstorm244.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by SnowStorm244 »

I loved how much it describe the setting in such a way that I could continue building the world in my mind. I liked it a lot and how the battles were written fast, but detailed. I also enjoyed how I could understand what was going on in great detail with having the story bogged down.
Demoy Gooden
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Demoy Gooden »

Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson is a well-written historical novel about pirates, sea captains, corruption, slavery/abolitionism, and redemption. This story is wonderfully written. I think Brandy is a strong character in this story for many reasons - for having no fear in the face of her enemies, keeping her headstrong as she diligently faced her enemies, and not letting the unknowns in her life affect the objective that she was able to reach. I loved the all-around setting in this book. The author has done a wonderful job at grabbing and keeping my interest. I would most definitely recommend it to anyone who loves a good adventure book and anyone who enjoys being pulled into the story. However, some parts of the book could have been better, such as the relationship between Brandy and her mother. I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars.
NdegwaSalome
Currently Reading: Four Pebbles on a Bench
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndegwasalome.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Post by NdegwaSalome »

I loved the strong female lead, Brandy and the straightforward way the author writes this story. It's packed with so much suspense and action.
Ada Chris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-chris.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan

Post by Ada Chris »

The book depicts the life of Brandy and her break away from the pirate life after the murder of her parents. She meets John and soon they fall in love and begin adventures of their own. While I love the inclusion of romance, I did not like how quickly their love blossomed. It was all too fast. That was my least favorite thing. But my favorite thing was how strong and prominent Brandy's character was. As a feminist, Brandy's character meant a lot to me.
I would recommend this book because I liked the author's writing style, notwithstanding the quick romance between Brandy and John.
IconReviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iconreviews.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Picnic Pirates by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by IconReviews »

This book has an interesting storyline and deserves a 4-star rating. I liked the themes of love and self sacrifice that the book projects. The writing style was easy to read and the book was full of action from the beginning
Joyce Nwaogazie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

In my own opinion, this book deserves a flawless rating of 4 stars. I was endeared by how Kat sacrificed herself for her daughter, that was a show of pure love. The storyline is cool, I enjoyed every part of the book.
Shelby Ayres
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelby-ayres.html
Latest Review: The Wrong Side of the Room by Norman Mathews

Post by Shelby Ayres »

This book was incredible! I loved everything about it, the strong female lead made it for me. The book was incredibly written and had an interesting plot. I loved the relationships and the self-sacrifice in the book. In my opinion, this book definitely deserves a 4 out of 4 stars. The cover is so beautiful. I would definitely recommend this book to others.
Ese Jesu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ese-jesu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Ese Jesu »

I love reading books with a female lead and this was an amazing read. Slavery and Redemption were the main themes of this book. I loved the way the author combined historical fiction with romance. Overall, an amazing story to read.
Jenna Rankin Doucette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-rankin-doucette.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Jenna Rankin Doucette »

I really liked the female characters in this book. The author creates strong, independent women. While I was swept away by the story, there were a few distractions that I had a hard time getting over. Whether intentional or not, there were a few times when the book seemed to extract information directly from the song "Brandy ("You're a Fine Girl") by Looking Glass. For example, the sailors, who "pass the time away" while Brandy serves them. And the locket her love gave her, which he originally gave to his mother, engraved with his name on it, was made of "the finest silver" from Spain. In the song, "Brandy wears a braided chain, Made of finest silver from the North of Spain, A locket that bears the name,Of the man that Brandy loved"
ikechukwuamarachi+55
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwuamarachi-55.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by ikechukwuamarachi+55 »

Brandy Ballad of a pirate princess by Dan E. Hendricken is a historical fiction about Brandy whose father was the most feared pirate in the Caribbean. One interesting aspect of this book is the nicknames given to each character in this book. The errors are not enough to deduct a star, therefore, it deserves a four out of four star rating. Also, the romantic scenes are interesting and would make the reader stay glued to the book till the end.
Penny Ann Criswell Johnson
Favorite Book: Totem
Currently Reading: Snatched up to heaven
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-penny-ann-criswell-johnson.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Penny Ann Criswell Johnson »

Brandy, Ballard Of A Pirate Princess is brilliantly written. I loved this book. It’s hard to pinpoint the genre because Intertwined within the pages are history, action and romance. I think the cover is okay but the title could be changed. Still I give this book 4 out of 4 stars.
Joan Aturinda
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joan-aturinda.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Joan Aturinda »

This book was great. i loved that the author integrated romance and adventure to come up with such an interesting story. the writing style is good and the language used is easy to read. I love that the author gives a detailed description and this makes the book interesting. This book deserves a 4 star rating and i highly recommend it for lovers of adventure novels.

Return to “Discuss "Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess" by Dan E. Hendrickson”