Overall rating and opinion of "Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess" by Dan E. Hendrickson

Use this forum to discuss the April 2022 Book of the month, "Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess" by Dan E. Hendrickson.
Amenrodion
Currently Reading: Fates Sweet Passion
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amenrodion.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess" by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Amenrodion »

I liked this book and give it a 3 out of 4 star rating. It had a unique storyline revolving around a female pirate, a teenage one at that. This is not a storyline you see everyday. The writer's use of language made the book interesting and vivid.
Raquel Sojo
Currently Reading: Egomaniac
Bookshelf Size: 410
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raquel-sojo.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Raquel Sojo »

I found this story quite interesting. What I liked most was the mix of adventure and romance. The fact that the center of the story is a female character who is so strong and sensitive at the same time. Many of the themes seemed to be the typical clichés of pirate stories but this does not detract from the story. I can rate it 4 out of 4 stars; I find the cover beautiful and reflects a lot of the story. I would definitely recommend this book to fans of adventure and action books.
Julie Givens
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Julie Givens »

Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Henderickson is a beautiful book. Filled with journeys, love, slavery, excitement and pirates who go on adventures and many more and love how it ends. When the characters live their lives and have families of their own. I would definitely recommend this book. I give it a 3 out of 4-star rating. The storytelling from beginning to finish kept me very interested. The author wrote a beautiful capturing story. As I was reading, there were some mistakes. Overall, the romantic/adventure/fantasy novel was pretty good.
Jennifer Landis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jennifer Landis »

Overall, I gave this book three of four stars. I loved the fast-paced plot, the inter-connectedness of all the characters, and how the author managed to keep the lighthearted swashbuckling tone of the book even when touching on heavier issues. Unfortunately, I felt as if I was reading a screenplay rather than a novel. Combined with a strong preference for passive verbs and frequent, startling and incorrect shifts in verb tenses, the overall effect made me feel as if I was listening to someone describe a movie to me rather than reading the story. I thought it was an excellent combination of a variety of genres: swashbuckling, historical fiction, adventure, romance, and Christian fiction. I must admit, I was not expecting the Christian overtones, but at least it was not overwhelming and went hand in hand with the historical setting. I think I would recommend it to young adult women who enjoy reading adventure novels. As for the cover, it wasn't bad; the actual images of her and the ship seemed disjointed, superimposed almost like a bad photoshop job, but I loved the idea behind it, the sunset/sunrise yellows and the font, which was perfect for the book.
Cocobutta
Currently Reading: Hidden Current
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cocobutta.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Cocobutta »

I really loved this book, and I think it deserves 4 out of 4 stars. There’s nothing I’ll change about it, and I’m looking forward to rereading it in the future.
Tosin Le
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tosin-le.html
Latest Review: The BLACK BOTTOM by Theo Czuk

Post by Tosin Le »

For me, all parts of the book were intriguing, but I loved the adventurous part of it more because it made me more endeared to the subject. There was no part of this book that I disliked. The writing style of the author was unique. I recommend this write-up to lovers of adventurous books.
Gnex_09
Favorite Book: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnex-09.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by Gnex_09 »

This is the best historical fiction that I have read in a long while. The author of Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess, should be commended for using a very good storyline that was able to get me glued till the end of the book. Not all mothers can sacrifice the least thing for their children, to that effect I appreciate Kat for being able to sacrifice her life for her daughter. It would be so unfair of me if I rate this book less than 4 out of 4 stars.
Anuvamsha S A
Currently Reading: The Hobbit
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anuvamsha-s-a.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Anuvamsha S A »

A well-written one. Brandy is one of the strongest protagonists you can find in the book world. Pirates, sea battles this book is a flawless masterpiece. I love how she is fearless and diligently faced her enemies. The setting of the book is amazing. Overall a captivating and intriguing one.
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

I love how the author combines thriller, romance, comedy, crime and adventure into one book. The characters are engaging and relatable to. It's a remarkable piece.
Maryam Bashir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maryam-bashir.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Maryam Bashir »

This was a very well written book and a good read. The aspects of romance, history, action and drama in it made a very interesting plot. The author’s description of Brandy made me feel like I knew her. The cover of the book was also befitting and I rate this book three out of four stars.
Robert Obikanyi
Currently Reading: Swiss Family Robinson
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izuchukwu-obi.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Higher Ground by Thomas A. Brigger

Post by Robert Obikanyi »

This was an enjoyable read that took me on a swinging adventure. The writing style was excellent and engaging. I love historical romance novel so this appealed to me. Also, the lead character was not exaggerated or depicted like a plot armored heroine, rather she felt as true to life as one can possibly imagine her to be. I'd rate the book 4 out of 4 stars
Ibunyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibunyi.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Ibunyi »

I read this book some while ago and I loved every piece of this book. This author's mastery of literature was fascinating and I was engaged to every bit. This is really an interesting read for novel enthusiasts.
Abby Smith 5
Currently Reading: Run Rose Run
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abby-smith-5.html
Latest Review: Loving Preston by Maria Pryor Herndon

Post by Abby Smith 5 »

I throughly enjoyed this book. I think the cover was very fitting. I loved how well written it was. It kept my attention and excellently combined romance, historical fiction, action, and family. For the first time in a long time, I did not have anything about a book I didn’t like. I not would recommend this book to others, but have already done so.
Meenahhhh
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meenahhhh.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Meenahhhh »

This book is definitely one that deserves to be read multiple times. I loved that it was fast paced. The story line was also far from boring.
mercasa
Currently Reading: Chameleons
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odek.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Post by mercasa »

I loved the fact that the book is fast-paced. The action written due to the books nature of having pirates was interesting to read. This is because the writer is so descriptive in his writing. Each and every word written evokes an emotion.

Return to “Discuss "Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess" by Dan E. Hendrickson”