Overall rating and opinion of "Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess" by Dan E. Hendrickson

Use this forum to discuss the April 2022 Book of the month, "Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess" by Dan E. Hendrickson.
Wamala Elijah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wamala-elijah.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess" by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Wamala Elijah »

This book was fantastic. It was a lovely story of love and adventure with well-developed characters. I enjoyed the cultural mix in the adventure and piracy stories. It receives a perfect four-star rating from me. The author's creativity was unquestionable, and there was nothing in the book to dislike.
Ndagire Hassifah1
Favorite Book: Hemingway’s daughter
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah1.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Ndagire Hassifah1 »

Chesko wrote: 01 Apr 2022, 01:57 I absolutely loved this book. It was a beautiful story of love and adventure with perfectly developed characters. I loved the mix of culture in the adventure and piracy stories. I give it a perfect rating of four out of four stars. The author's creativity was definitely top-notch and there was nothing to dislike in the book.
Same here. The author's creativity, is what I loved most about the book.The characters were also well-developed and unique. This story deserves a rating of 4 out of 4 stars.
Charlienmegan Wehner
Currently Reading: Finding Joy with an Invisible Chronic Illness
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlienmegan-wehner.html
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King

Post by Charlienmegan Wehner »

Wow, I was really impressed by this book! I am a huge fan of romantic stories and always love when there are fun adventures that take me away with it! I haven’t read that many pirate stories so the setting for this book was really fun to read with that great humor throughout the story that had me cracking up. The author has a seamless writing style that fills out the characters nicely and makes it so that you are invested from the characters from the start. I loved Brandy and John’s romance story and it had me turning the pages until I finished it in one day! Definitely would read another book by this author.
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King
Collins Kiprono 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collins-kiprono-4.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Collins Kiprono 4 »

This is a fantastic tale of pirates, complete with obnoxious villains, gorgeous heroines, and honorable heroes. Good pirate stories are full with collaboration exactly like in this one. Loveable characters, adventure, and even romance are all there in this novel. I had a great time hanging out with Brandy and her other students. Sadly, the narrative came to an end much too quickly! I rate it three out of four stars.
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

I loved the way this book was arranged and edited. It was such an exciting read cause I literally kept turning from chapter to chapter. And since romance novels are for me, I couldn't possibly dislike any part of the book. What a great read!
Eva Nyaburi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-nyaburi.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Eva Nyaburi »

I enjoyed this intriguing tale and I rate it a 4 out of 4 stars. I enjoyed learning about the slave trade and the various topics in the book. There is nothing that I disliked about the book and I would recommend it to readers who enjoy historical stories.
AnnaMarie Collins
Currently Reading: Solaris Seethes
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annamarie-collins.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by AnnaMarie Collins »

I really enjoyed this book! I especially loved the cultural aspects and how the author described the processes involved in sailing a ship. I learned quite a bit; I appreciate authors who do a lot of research before writing a book. The characters were well-developed and believable. I honestly am neutral about the cover. The main thing I struggled with was the pacing in parts of the book, as my mind tends to wander. When I'm reading, it's always nice when the book keeps up with my racing brain.
I rated this three out of four stars.
Mary Ndirangu 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-ndirangu-1.html
Latest Review: Schroedinger The Wonder Cat by Aaron Rosen

Post by Mary Ndirangu 1 »

The book has an absolutely nice blend of adventure, crime and thrill that I find almost perfect. I would recommend it to anyone in love with those themes. Apart from that, the author keeps us entertained throughout the book which is not an easy feat to achieve.
Nyam Bura
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyam-bura.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Nyam Bura »

This is such a beautiful story of love and adventure. Right from the beginning, your mind is captured. Brandy is my best character. Also, the author’s creativity is amazing. The book deserves a rating of four out of four stars!
kasedy Fairbairn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasedy-fairbairn.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by kasedy Fairbairn »

This was actually the first review I wrote, and also the first review I had published. I can not say that I have anything bad to say about this book. I have recommended this book to many people after reading it. I am not one for reading pirate books, but I fell in love after only two chapters.
Deshna Singh
Currently Reading: 10 keys for a great essay
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deshna-singh.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Post by Deshna Singh »

i thoroughly enjoyed this book and i can't gibve it less than 4 stars. it is very interesting and i found it like an adult fairy tale although it's an historical fiction. the author did a great job in describing the characters and overall the whole story. i recommend this book to the historical fiction lovers.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

The book is a good one. I like the way the writer was able to bring romance, crime, love, duty and success together. Brady the main character is a charcterto fall in love with her. Her will to save her people is somethingt to admire.
I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars
Lorraine De Vos
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Indian Immigrant
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorraine-de-vos.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Lorraine De Vos »

I am not a big fan of historical fiction novels, but I always enjoy a strong female lead character. The pirate theme also introduces a sense on adventure.
The Uklighter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-uklighter.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by The Uklighter »

I loved everything in the book. On the one hand, the story was so thrilling. On the other hand, it was logical. I would rate it 4 out of 4 stars any day.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 276
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: My Hope for Racial Harmony In America by Richard Gordon

Post by Christell Lindeque »

This book is very easy to read and I loved the storyline with no errors in the book that I could see! Brandy is a very enchanting character which plays in the time where there are pirates and slavery. The readers who are interested in adventure and love would enjoy this novel. I would give it a 4 out of 4 stars.

Return to “Discuss "Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess" by Dan E. Hendrickson”