Overall rating and opinion of "Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess" by Dan E. Hendrickson

Use this forum to discuss the April 2022 Book of the month, "Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess" by Dan E. Hendrickson.
Lawrence+2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawrence-2.html
Latest Review: The Ranting of an Uneducated Reactionary by Oscar J. Phillips

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess" by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Lawrence+2 »

I admires the authors ability to build something from nothing. The linking of each story is quite interesting. The author's choice of words is something else I admire about the book and the overall story is relatable.
Parth Vasave 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-parth-vasave-2.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Parth Vasave 2 »

Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson has been written perfectly, I find it very captivating to read, the writing style is smooth and easy to understand and I love how they unfold the entire plot. The story itself is quite thrilling which makes you want to read more of it. I would definitely recommend this book to my friends as I didn't find anything bad about it. That's also a reason why I would give this 4 out of 4 stars.
Donald Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-trust.html
Latest Review: Rosa by Barbara de la Cuesta

Post by Donald Trust »

I enjoyed the book's plot and suspense. And I barely found errors in this book. This book is an action thriller and will awe the minds of every reader. I will rate this book 4 stars.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

The book has tragedic: death of Eric's wife, and betrayal: kicking out Brandy, contents joined together. It is a good read because the writing is spot on and I am giving it a rating of 3 out of 4 star.
Nathalie Elsa Nelson
Currently Reading: Of the Earth
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elsa-lee.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Post by Nathalie Elsa Nelson »

Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson. This novel is historical fiction with a glimpse of romance and action. What truly made me interested in reading the novel was the book cover. I would highly recommend this novel to young adults and older who enjoy reading about pirate historical fiction.
Madu Abigail
Currently Reading: The Unseelie Crown
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madu-abigail.html

Post by Madu Abigail »

Brandy, Ballad of pirate princess is a blend of historical fiction and romance. The book has effectively combined reality and imagination I love the plot of the book and the author's attention to detail. I also love the cover of the book.
Wamala Elijah Mul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliwamala.html

Post by Wamala Elijah Mul »

Brandy's Ballad of the Pirate Princess is a work of historical fiction that tells the story of the life of a teen pirate named Brandy who is 18 years old. Brady is forced to reinvent the narrative of her life after the passing of both of her parents. The author is a skilled storyteller who pays close attention to all of the relevant details. His meticulousness in attending to specifics results in uncanny precision. Because of his excellent grasp of the English language, reading this is a very satisfying experience. 3 out of 4 stars is how I would rate it.
1 Corinthians 3:16-17 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?
17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.
Ramon Scott
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Ramon Scott »

I absolutely loved the book. It was an impeccable piece of art. The plot was amazing and different to what I've read. The character development was also an amazing aspect of the book. Every scene floated on to the next one. This book was flowing and easily enjoyable. You can connect to it emotionally, too. I'm always impressed by writers that can be relatable and make you feel something.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Lost in Plan Sight by Karen Magee

Post by Laney K »

Adaeze Joan wrote: 01 Apr 2022, 17:08 There was nothing I disliked about this book. That was why I gave it a 4-star rating. The author's writing style was very descriptive, which made this book more enjoyable, as one could vividly picture how the story plays out. This book is a historical fiction, mixed with a bit of romance and crime and action thriller. The book cover was very befitting, as I could see the connection it had with the story. I would recommend this book to adults who enjoy historical fiction with a bit of action in it.
I have just started reading this book but I agree about the descriptive writing style. It also seems to have a good mix of genres which is also nice.
novitasolossa
Favorite Book: How to Live a Life of Hope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37

Post by novitasolossa »

I think Brandy, Ballad Of A Pirate Princess is the brightest historical novel I've ever read. I love all aspects of the setting on this book. Especially Brandy's character is described as a strong, brave and intelligent woman where she never once lets the problems of her personal life affect her desired goals. So I'm going to give this book 4 out of 4 stars and gladly recommend it to anyone.
maycherono91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maycherono91.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by maycherono91 »

Historical fictions novels are always a must read. Throw in pirates, sailors, sails and the sea, and a strong female character, and you have yourself a masterpiece. This book is a like a rare gem. An impeccable read to say the least. Giving it a perfect rating wouldn't hurt.
Missing Person
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jude-zambarakji.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Missing Person »

A fast-paced narrative with a quick, but compelling setup:

I felt that Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess was a very-well paced novel. It's one of those stories that feel more captivating because of it's fast-paced narrative. I also liked the simple, but compelling set-up of the Red Witch ship being captured by the British navy at the start of the story. I feel that most stories either take a long-time to set up their main character's internal conflict or never actually establish an internal conflict with their main character. Unlike most stories, Brandy's internal conflict - her desire to avenge her parent's versus her desire to live a peaceful life that keep her, her uncle and everyone she cares about safe - was expertly set up in the first few chapters.
Marshall Trexler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marshall-trexler.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Marshall Trexler »

I very much enjoyed the book. I thought the fact it was a made up story but kept up with the accuracies of slave trade and the climate of the Caribbeans of the time was very good. It kept the timeline pretty accurate and that made the book seem more real if that makes sense. I thoroughly enjoyed the plot and character development and could see a part 2 if they wanted too. Lots of book off shoots they could pull from it.
Overall its a good book with a fantastic storyline.
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

Based on every one's thoughts about the book I think its about time I try out the kind of a book. I never really been interested in pirates Stories, well of course I do remember myself watching Jakes and the Netherlands pirates as a kid but as I grew older I just never understood the world of pirates. Your opinions though challenges my thoughts to try reading it.
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
Valeria Rotaru
Currently Reading: Of Human Bondage
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-rotaru.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valeria Rotaru »

Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess is a true swashbuckling adventure on the high-seas of the Caribbean. Author Dan Hendrickson brings to life the world of the cutlass, flintlock pistols, and rifles of the Caribbean pirates and British naval officers. Centered principally around the British territories of Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago, we meet the intriguing Brandy, a beautiful, flame-haired young girl, who was born and raised on the pirate ship Red Witch. Her mother was none other than the Scarlet Mistress and her father, the legendary pirate Eric Erasmus, also known as “the plague”. When the British navy finally catches up with them and with her father murdered by one of his traitorous crew and her mother executed by the British, Brandy and her uncle convince their captors that they are just mere slaves destined for the markets of the US. Delivered to Jamaica and freedom, Brandy and her uncle set about establishing and running a successful tavern near the docks in Kingston, Jamaica. When First-Mate of the Morning Star, John Edwards arrives in Brandy’s tavern one evening, the electricity between John and Brandy is palpable. Captain Joshua has spent the last seven years searching for news of what had happened to his wife and daughter who had disappeared on their journey to meet him in Kingston. What soon becomes obvious to all of them is that not only are their destinies linked together, their pasts may also be.

Return to “Discuss "Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess" by Dan E. Hendrickson”