After reading The Maestro Monologue, how do you, now, see yourself differently? [Featured Question from May BOTM Author]

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Amarachi Nwankwo03
Currently Reading: Summer Showers
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amarachinwankwo.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Re: After reading The Maestro Monologue, how do you, now, see yourself differently? [Featured Question from May BOTM Aut

Post by Amarachi Nwankwo03 »

I learned many things from this book but one thing that truly spoke to me is the fact that the intruder can go as far as we let it. I now better understand who I am and I have realized that I must take center stage in my own life and chart the affairs of my life the way I desire. I have also learned to shut out the negative voices because these things directly or indirectly affect the way we see ourselves.
Amynwankwo_
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amynwankwo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Amynwankwo_ »

Whoa! I learned so much from this book. I learned that I own my life and what I do determines what the outcome of my life will be. I learned that nobody’s opinion matters but mine. I learned to shut out negativity but rather focus on my growth. I enjoyed reading this book so much.
Sarah Sonbol
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

I don't think that I saw myself differently after reading the book. I already believe that we are "marvelously made", but I also believe that the book somehow bestows supernatural powers to humans putting a human into complete control of his or her life as if there is no divine intervention.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Precious_12
Currently Reading: Final Chance
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-12.html
Latest Review: Deviancy by Rose Linderman, Psy.D.

Post by Precious_12 »

After reading this book, I see myself in a different way. This book showed me that I could achieve anything I set my mind to. It is also endowing people with abilities they never knew they could possess. I realized so many things about myself thanks to this book.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

One more reason I wrote this book is to suggest that it seems that 'making progress in life' is less about making progress in life than it is about learning to handle the "other self" (the unwanted mental house guest), that stops us from making progress in life. So, seeing oneself differently is very much about seeing the "me" that I've created myself to be (the me that I think is flawed - the Intruder), so I can make a powerful distinction that enables me to do what I'm here to do to make my dreams come true.

I'd not have completed this book (maybe never even started it), had I not made this distinction for myself. Rob
F N Chamomile
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 583
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-f-n-chamomile.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by F N Chamomile »

After reading this book, I know that it takes more than a simple "think positive" attitude to take control of my life. I must fully understand my inner truth before I can filter out any negativity. At the same time, recognizing the Intruder can help empower my truth.
Mary Lou Mills
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: The Buffalo Soldier
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-lou-mills.html
Latest Review: Happiness and Survival by Bob Gebelein
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Mary Lou Mills »

I particularly appreciate our uniqueness. It's empowering to be thankful for life's unique aspects.
OB Brian
Currently Reading: Shame Off You
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ob-brian.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventure by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by OB Brian »

I have learnt that I am able to steer my life to the direction I want it to take by taking the initiative. I have discovered that the prospect of change scares the hell out of me. Yet without doing things differently, I know I won't break free from my cocoon. Thanks for the shove!
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

While writing this book I gave a lot of thought to this "seeing oneself differently" matter. Key to opening that door is to slow down. Slow everything down - your attitude, your feelings, your reactions... and just watch what happens. With that change of pace you create a little space to look at yourself from a new perspective. Your mechanical mind will immediately object to this activity, but if you persist you will begin to see yourself in new says. You will no longer take your fast-talking mental chatter (about you), so seriously. That's when you begin feeling the rightness of re-examining your entire entity. I hope this helps you while investigating this topic :) Rob
Magdalena Richter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magdalena-richter.html
Latest Review: The Struggle for Justice and Truth by Tomas Cudzis

Post by Magdalena Richter »

I believe that your circumstances make you who you are. So you are who you are, and you have no say in who you become as a result of your upbringing. Circumstances in my childhood caused more harm than I realized while reading this book. With confronting my "intruder" came a lot of difficult memories and emotions to process. But I came out better at the end of this book. I loved the writing and loved the book. Well done!
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Post by Mildred Echesa »

I see my self as a different person and I now Know the genesis of my characters. I also understand that it's only I who can over come the intruder through the maestro monologue.
Poetic Justice
Noncy
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Noncy »

The best book which educates about self esteem ....its me who can rebuild my status my life my being me no opportunities can bypass me thank you author we have regained strength to fight over our lives no matter the background and challenges
Ternia C
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ternia-c.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ternia C »

Plenty thanks to this book, I get feel more confident in myself and more comfortable with the uncomfortable feelings that I'm experiencing.

"The next time you’re feeling frustrated, make that feeling your ally. What it’s actually trying to tell you is this: “You are capable of succeeding, but success requires that you approach the matter differently.” That message opens space for your creative nature to kick in. You begin to see options where you only saw obstacles."

This quote struck a chord with me in ways that lingers long after I completed the book. For that, I thank you Rob.
Darius Vermeulen

Post by Darius Vermeulen »

It seems to be infused with religious self-help;positive thinking elements.Being aa religiousperson myself I don't find the consepts expressed therein to be new.However,it is still an interesting read.
Shazrambo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shazrambo.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Shazrambo »

After reading the book, I realized that for several years I let the intruder in my life way back in my primary school years. As a result, I have lived with low self-esteem and a feeling of defeat in many life areas. I have, therefore, for years submitted to accepting the least without putting out effort to utilize my potential. Thanks to my reading this book, it is never too late is my new self-drive, and I am channeling a positive path for my life.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”