Overall rating and opinion of "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Stephanie Kanu
Currently Reading: A dream for peace
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladywhyte3.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White

Post by Stephanie Kanu »

Incidentally, I was already on a self-discovery journey when I came across this book. I was reluctant to read it at first since it didn't look like the other self-discovery books I've come across with catchy titles but I'm very glad I did after all.
It truly deserves its 4 out of 4 stars rating. I especially like the seven-day dare as it serves as extra fuel for readers.
At various times in the book, I had to stop and reflect as I'm sure the author intended. I feel like I've gone on for a long time now.
In summary, this book checks all the boxes a good self discovery book should.
Sharon Christanto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-christanto.html
Latest Review: The path from backpack to briefcase 2nd. idition by R. William Holland, PhD
Reading Device: B09N3YBXCN

Post by Sharon Christanto »

This is a great book and helps me to be a better person. I've changed my negative mindset and now I can see the world in a more positive way. The writing style is casual and the author uses friendly tone. I don't feel judged or harshly criticized. I've been recommending this book to my family members and colleagues!
Laww
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laww.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Laww »

I like the author's choice of incorporating many a wide range of themes with different concepts. I enjoyed reading this book and I would recommend to anyone seeking to better themselves.
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: Sent to Watch by David J. Lebenstein
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

I felt like this book was one welcomed in-depth expansion of the swot analysis. The focus was you, your obstacles, your abilities and that in itself made this one of the best self-help books out there. The concepts within were explained as simply as possible and that made it easy to follow the ideas of the author.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

There’s “human being” ... that natural part of you who is a Maestro when it comes to conducting your daily affairs and orchestrating your many destinies. And then there’s the other side of human being, which is “being human,” expressing your reactive, subjective personality ... which gets caught up in "WOE is me." We all have those two experiences of ourselves. That's what I hope my book points out. Thank you all again for your wonderful feedback.
INNOCENT DAVID 2
Currently Reading: Eye of the World
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by INNOCENT DAVID 2 »

This is a direct, concise and educative book,

The cover speaks volume of the content. I like how the chapters are easy to understand.

I highly recommend it.
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

Compared to the other self-help books that I have read, this wasn't THAT boring. There are parts that I have slaved through, but this is different from the other self-help books I have read. The exercises help me think thoroughly.

But I do think that some parts are repetitive, and some parts are overcomplicating things just to seem inspiring, like finding fault in something that's true nature. For example, on the child who experienced a no. I think it got complicated on that part, because saying no to a child is natural, and it's natural for them to learn in that way. I think saying no is something that's okay, rather than them being harmed just to learn.

In terms of the cover, I really liked it. It's very simple and minimalist.
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

The book is one of a kind self-help book. I enjoyed my time reading the book. The best part about it was the creative writing of the author, it almost felt like reading a story. It was well-orchestrated, just as the name. I would definitely recommend this book because of its fresh and unique take on knowing one's innerself. I give it a solid 4 out of 4 stars.
AvishaJain_13
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishajain-13.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by AvishaJain_13 »

I was going through a hard time previously but ever since I randomly picked this book, mostly because of its catchy cover, I've been feeling better and more motivated, especially looking at the trio. Amazing concept and timing for the book
Destiny Freedom
Favorite Book: The Most Unlikely Champion
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-aaton.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Destiny Freedom »

The maestro monologue is a great self-help book and takes one on a journey to self discovery. The part which I liked most about this was the aspect were stories of some people were shared and this made the book very interesting and engaging. I can't pick anything in particular that I disliked about this book. This book was well written and I deserves a four out of four stars, as it not only interesting but also educative. I would recommend this book to people who are willing to embark on a journey of self discovery.
Many books can inform you but there's only one that can transform you(The Holy Bible). Pls don't forget to drop a comment for this review. Thanks. :D :tiphat:
Oluwasogo Familusi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwasogo-familusi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Oluwasogo Familusi »

What a great book. The book was very informative and educative. I also commend the writer for the powerful quotes and ideas dished out in the book. It was the title of this book that caught my attention at first.
Limpho Mojakisane
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-limpho-mojakisane.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Limpho Mojakisane »

I have read the book and loved it a lot. I believe that every individual who wants to change their life for the better should at least own a copy of the book. I mostly loved the constant exercises offered in almost every chapter for self-awareness. The book was quite engaging for me and I enjoyed completing it. I honestly found nothing worth disliking with this book and have already recommended it to a lot of people for their self-improvement.
Rita Nuncia
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rita-nuncia.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Rita Nuncia »

I really enjoyed reading the book. It helped boost my self-esteem and I even started looking at my self in a better way. I stopped giving excuses why I couldn't do something instead I saw a lot of possible ways to achieve whatever I wanted to achieve. The author used a simple English words that anybody could understand easily. The title and the cover represented the overall idea the author wrote about. I recommend this book to everyone especially anyone who feels stuck in life. It helped me a lot and I believe it will help you too.
Abiodunakinola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Abiodunakinola »

The theme of this book was amazing. The book contains information that is helpful to one's life. Rob's writing style was conversational and the book cover was captivating.
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles by Sandra mayfield

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

Like I've always believed, the most important aspect of a book is the message that the author is trying to pass across to his readers. As long as the message is meaningful and satisfying, I'll fully engross it. This book did that for me. The texts were easy to understanding and well thought of.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”