What is your favorite quote from this book and why?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 743
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: All You'll Never Be (Kindle Edition) by E. L. Neve

What is your favorite quote from this book and why?

Post by Bertha Jackson »

Mine was "There is no coal of character so dead that it won’t glow and flame if but slightly turned" by Neville Goddard. I think it summarizes very well that any flaw in one's character can be changed. For example, if you think you are inpatient, you can take steps to become more patient.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Muna Chizzy
Currently Reading: Gardening With Guns
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muna-chizzy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Muna Chizzy »

My favourite quote in the book is "As you think, you travel; as you love you attract. You are today where your thoughts have brought you, you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you". I find this true because individuals that commit suicide did that because is what they allow their thoughts to be. Great men and women today are what they are because of what they thought they will achieve.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

After all the quotes I put in my book, my favorite, still, is by the Zen master, Nonoko: "Why, it's only the movement of my eyes! And here I've been looking for it far and wide! Awakened at last, I find myself not so bad after all." Imagine that! Here we all stand, finding ourselves - not so bad after all :) Thank you, all of you, for participating in this forum about my book.
Etini Willie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-etini-willie.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Etini Willie »

My favourite quote from The Maestro Monologue

If you plan to be successful in life, “Being to Doing to Having” is the only way to go.

Rob White calls this the Critical Success Formula. I find this formula to be very effective because when you realise who you are and the potentials you carry, you would be able to act in line with these potentials and when you act at your optimum, you would achieve optimum results.

Just know who you truly are. That's truly the first step to live a satisfied life
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

I love that you folks are looking at the quotes I offer in my book. Being yourself in a world that wants you to be who they want you to be… that’s rigorous work. It requires having empowering conversations about yourself with yourself. And that requires being relentlessly purposive. I intended for my quotes to help you be relentlessly purposive. Thank you for your interest in my book :) Rob
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Honest-reviewer »

One of my favourite quotes mentioned in the book is “The tragedy of life is not death; rather, it is what we let die inside of us while we live” by Norman Cousins. I like this because it emphasises on how important it is to live your life happily and joyfully. If not, then living becomes as tragic as death.
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 1652
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Juris Ex Machina by John W. Maly
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

“How might I see myself differently, so I might learn something that empowers me?” I have always been asking myself what is wrong with me when I fail at something, especially when it comes to relationships. This quote makes that question null and void, but gives me something that I can build myself up with. It makes sense; what is wrong with me doesn't fix or give me any to progress forward. This statement does allow me to grow as an individual.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
stylesreview
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stylesreview.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by stylesreview »

"No man is free who is not a master of himself." -Epictetus

There's so much truth in this quote. Everytime I feel like doing something I shouldn't be doing, or postponing doing something, I remind myself that true freedom means I get to do things today that will allow me to do even better ones tomorrow, rather than moving through life obeying my impulses.
Buk Nerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-buk-nerd.html
Latest Review: Ribzkniks by Y M Georges

Post by Buk Nerd »

This quote by Norman Cousins resonated with me, "The tragedy of life is not death; rather, it is what we let die inside of us while we live." I think it emphasises the importance of making the most of life while we still can.
"Literature is the most agreeable way of ignoring life." - Fernando Pessoa :techie-studyinggray:
Eriny Youssef
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eriny-youssef.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Eriny Youssef »

Rob White wrote: 02 May 2022, 07:16 After all the quotes I put in my book, my favorite, still, is by the Zen master, Nonoko: "Why, it's only the movement of my eyes! And here I've been looking for it far and wide! Awakened at last, I find myself not so bad after all." Imagine that! Here we all stand, finding ourselves - not so bad after all :) Thank you, all of you, for participating in this forum about my book.
This quote hit differently while reading the book. It captures everything perfectly. And the last bit is really comforting; just a slow down and everything feels not so bad.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

And yet another favorite quote of mine is: "The eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the crow." - William Blake When I learned to join a troubadour of Intruders, all whining, all complaining (including me)... oh what a waste of time that turned out to be! I was fifteen, and hanging out with the wrong crowd, and beginning to get into trouble! Thank goodness the principle, of the high school I attended, pulled me aside to let me know I was on a path to nowhere if I did not change the company I kept. This quote, by Blake, reminds me of that time in my case-history :)
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Marsha JJ »

"The next time you're feeling frustrated, make that feeling your ally. What it's actually trying to tell you is this: "You are capable of succeeding, but success requires that you approach the matter differently.""

- I like this advice because I believe there is power in approaching issues from a place of neutrality. (This is very hard to do, by the way). If we can see something negative from the standpoint that it's just useful information, then we can act accordingly, rather than getting stuck in the mud of negativity.
Lydia Efobi 1
Favorite Book: Love Hypothesis
Currently Reading: Six of Crows
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lydia-efobi-1.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Lydia Efobi 1 »

“Pay attention to what you're paying attention to”. This particular quote is my favorite because it strikes a button. It highlights my procrastination prowess and challenges me to focus on liberating myself
Rosemary Owolabi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-owolabi.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Rosemary Owolabi »

When you make a miss-take and put yourself down, you feel like a fragile leaf, clinging to a limb on a tree as the winds of self-doubt shake you about. We seem to be our greatest critics and won't forgive ourselves even when others have long forgiven us. We are too harshly judgemental of ourselves. We need to re-train and learn how to forgive ourselves and know that a miss-take will happen, but our attitude shouldn't shut us down or off from reality. 
If you are having a bad day, let people see that you are having a good day...Spread good vibes, people are going through a lot already. :tiphat:
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

I love that you folks are reminding me of all the great quotes in my book. It gives me the opportunity to meditate on the quote you mention, once again. And, once again, glean the insight it offers me. However it is that I find myself to be right now, a nourishing and insightful quote is like popping in my mouth a sweet candy. Oh yes, I still love sweets, but I don't let the Intruder decide for me when I will indulge in one :) Thank you, Rob

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”