What is your favorite quote from this book and why?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Blucabana
Currently Reading: The girl that loved carravalagio
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blucabana.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Re: What is your favorite quote from this book and why?

Post by Blucabana »

No man is free, who is not a master of himself

I like this quote because it encourages discipline. It explains that for a person to be free, they must have personal discipline.
Rex Rexy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rex-rexy.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Rex Rexy »

My favourite quote from the book is "You were born a virtuoso—the Maestro—able to orchestrate your dreams into successful expression. I love the quote because it creates a consciousness that only I am responsible for the outcome of my life.
Sumto Nii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumto-nii.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Sumto Nii »

My favourite quote in the book is, "You can offer yourself as a gift to life. You can offer yourself as a problem.The Maestro offers you as a gift. The intruder offers you as a problem."
The Olynks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-olynks.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by The Olynks »

My favorite quote in the book is “The tragedy of life is not death; rather, it is what we let die inside of us while we live” by Norman Cousins. It provoked critical thinking in me.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 327
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: One Foot Out of the Box by Vanessa Kristovich

Post by Hager Salem »

Muna Chizzy wrote: 02 May 2022, 01:08 My favourite quote in the book is "As you think, you travel; as you love you attract. You are today where your thoughts have brought you, you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you". I find this true because individuals that commit suicide did that because is what they allow their thoughts to be. Great men and women today are what they are because of what they thought they will achieve.
This can be my favorite :tiphat:
Thompson Grace
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thompson-grace.html
Latest Review: Give insomnia the finger by Dr Feel Good

Post by Thompson Grace »

Bertha Jackson wrote: 01 May 2022, 11:54 Mine was "There is no coal of character so dead that it won’t glow and flame if but slightly turned" by Neville Goddard. I think it summarizes very well that any flaw in one's character can be changed. For example, if you think you are inpatient, you can take steps to become more patient.
Wow, a lot of deep thought lies in this quote.
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

Lydia Efobi 1 wrote: 04 May 2022, 23:08 “Pay attention to what you're paying attention to”. This particular quote is my favorite because it strikes a button. It highlights my procrastination prowess and challenges me to focus on liberating myself
I do much agree with this. “Pay attention to what you are paying attention to” Are they really worth it? Is 5 years to come, will it be worthwhile? Thanks for reminding me of this.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

My favourite quote is "Why, it's only the movement of my eyes! And here I've been looking for it far and wide! Awakened at last, I find myself not so bad after all." We can't always depend on other people's validation about us.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

“You will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you.” I loved this quote because it was one of the things that was close to real in the book. I agree that you cannot get to where you’ve not thought.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

My favorite quote in the book is "As you think, you travel; as you love you attract. You are today where your thoughts have brought you, you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you". I truly believe this and have helped me to being careful with my thoughts.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

"The tragedy of life is not death; rather, it is what we let die inside of us while we live," says Norman Cousins, and this is one of my favorite quotes from the book. This appeals to me because it emphasizes the importance of living a happy and joyful life. Otherwise, living becomes as tragic as death.
Azubike Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azubike-richard.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Azubike Richard »

The words of Norman Cousins, "The tragedy of life is not death; rather, it is what we allow die inside of us while we live," struck a chord with me. It, in my opinion, emphasizes the significance of living life to the fullest while we are still able.
Fanny Lebura Ueh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fanny-lebura-ueh.html
Latest Review: Clueless & Headstrong by Eyvonne Black

Post by Fanny Lebura Ueh »

“How might I see myself differently, so I might learn something that empowers me?” When I fail at something, especially when it comes to relationships, I have always wondered what is wrong with me. That question is rendered meaningless by this quote, but it also provides me something to stand on. It makes sense because what's wrong with me won't make it better or allow me to move forward. I am able to develop personally as a result of this statement.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

One of my favorite statements from the book comes from Norman Cousins, who said, "The tragedy of life is not death; rather, it is what we let die inside of us while we live." It emphasizes how crucial it is to have a happy and joyous life, which is why I appreciate it. If not, life would be tragically similar to death.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”