What is your favorite quote from this book and why?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Ndagire Hassifah1
Favorite Book: Hemingway’s daughter
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah1.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Re: What is your favorite quote from this book and why?

Post by Ndagire Hassifah1 »

My favorite quote is "The tragedy of life is not death; rather, it is what we let die inside of us while we live" by Norman Cousins. I liked this quote as it reminds me of how my most of my dreams have died inside me.
owobanji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-owobanji.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by owobanji »

"The tragedy of life is not death; rather, it is what we let die inside of us while we live." This inspires us not to let our dream die no matter the challenges we may face. We should continue to push and achieve.
Perfect Ojonugwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-perfect-ojonugwa.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Perfect Ojonugwa »

"Be aware of what you're paying attention to." This specific quotation is one of my favorites because it hits a nerve with me. It exposes my procrastination skills and encourages me to concentrate on self-liberation.
Nyam Bura
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyam-bura.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Nyam Bura »

My favorite quote from the book is, "Your life is the way it is because you are the way you are. And you are the way you are because of how you understand yourself to be." I found the quote interesting and helped me to think of how I understand myself to be.
RajvirxSandhu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rajvirxsandhu.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by RajvirxSandhu »

I had two quotes impact my way of thinking. “How might I see myself differently, so I might learn something that empowers me?” and Norman Cousins’ “The tragedy of life is not death; rather, it is what we let die inside of us while we live.” They resonated with me about what I wanted to achieve and what I was afraid of to chase my dreams. I was holding myself back and scared of stepping out of my comfort zone to do something I loved and wanted to do, and these quotes had me thinking of what would happen if I chased my dream versus what will continue to happen if I didn’t.
Star2000
Currently Reading: Devil in False Colors
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star2000.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Star2000 »

My favorite quote from this book is, "Prepare yourself. Life is benevolent. Life never blinks. Life is always responding to what you think." This makes me realize that if my thoughts towards things are positive then life will respond positively but if I'm negative then I'll only get negative results.
Yulisa Sanchez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yulisa-sanchez.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Yulisa Sanchez »

A favorite quote is "A life of growth is, by nature, a life of mistakes." This resonates with me so much because I've spent the majority of my life avoiding making mistakes or failing. This has caused stagnation in life. Now I realize how limiting that is because evolving requires making mistakes and learning from them in order to progress in life.
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Marsha JJ »

I found another quote I quite like from the book. "Your soul's fiercest hunger is to reveal the authentic you". I find it so interesting how we often allow a perception of what other people might think to get in the way of taking certain actions or pursuing certain goals. Everyone really wants to be the real version of themselves, but there's often fear associated with that. The best advice I ever heard on that topic is to ask yourself, "Just who are those other people anyway?" The people who really care about you appreciate you for exactly who you already are.
Jane Ogwang
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-ogwang.html
Latest Review: Dr. Marsha and the Case of the Missing Marshmallows and Hotdogs by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jane Ogwang »

"Whenever you start wailing WOE, It's a psychological blow. Refuse to compromise with the truth any longer. You are not here to endure life; you are here to enjoy life!" This is my favorite quote from the book and I needed to hear it. There's really no point in sitting through life with held-up feelings.
jemimapaul
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by jemimapaul »

My favorite quote is: Let the weak say, “I am strong.” — Joel 3:10

I like this quote from the Bible because it reminds me that I am strong because I am a child of infinite intelligence.
jemimapaul
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by jemimapaul »

"This one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize." —Philippians 3:13

This quote encourages me to leave the past behind and press on towards the prize that lies ahead.
jemimapaul
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by jemimapaul »

"Lay not up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal;
But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through and steal." —Matthew 6:19-20

This is one of my favorite quotes because it tells me where to set my heart on.
hana_me
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hana-me.html
Latest Review: OUCH! The Pain of Modern Civilization by Dr. Ajay Issar & Alka Issar

Post by hana_me »

"New ways of seeing yourself offer you new ways of being yourself, and new ways of being yourself open you to a future with untold new possibilities." This is my favorite. I am always afraid to discover new things and new ways to go in life, but as I read this line, I was immersed and that there will always be a new me compared to the old me.
jemimapaul
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by jemimapaul »

"Know ye not that ye are the temple of God…?" 1 Corinthians 3:16

I am marvelously made, not miserably made. Within me is a constant nudging, reminding me of that.
jemimapaul
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by jemimapaul »

"For unto everyone that hath shall be given, and they shall have abundance." —Matthew 25:29

You shall be given an abundance in every realm of life when you see yourself that way. That is the way of the Maestro.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”