What is your favorite quote from this book and why?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
nidhi_27
Favorite Book: A Thousand Boy Kisses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nidhi-27.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Re: What is your favorite quote from this book and why?

Post by nidhi_27 »

My favorite quote from the book is:
"To those who believe they are but tiny pebbles
At the bottom of the mountain, look again.
The truth be told: you are the entire mountain."
These lines just penetrated into my heart and soul and I was deeply moved. I think this is the most inspiring quote I have ever read.
CatNationhood
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catnationhood.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by CatNationhood »

Mine is “The tragedy of life is not death; rather, it is what we let die inside of us while we live”

This is one of the deepest quotes that I have come across in my life.
Avina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avina.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Avina »

"You are today where your thoughts have brought you, you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you"

I kind of fell in love with this quote because it emphasizes extensively on the power of thoughts. Most of the quasi-psychological texts I've read emphasised on the power of the tongue but this quote shows that even the mind is more powerful.

What one thinks, reasons and imbues in one's mental structure is fundamental to one's development and progress in life.
Kyrian007
Currently Reading: Hard Journey of the Heart: Jesse's Story
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyrian007.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kyrian007 »

My favorite quote is “Pay attention to what you're paying attention to”. I felt like the author was personally talking to me using this quote “Pay attention to what you're paying attention to” because paying attention can be a hard thing sometimes especially when you think you are paying attention.
Abimbola Oladokun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abimbola-oladokun.html
Latest Review: Diabolus In Musica by Richard Rees

Post by Abimbola Oladokun »

"The tragedy of life is not death; rather, it is what we let die inside of us while we live” by Norman Cousins.

I feel like this quote really spoke to me because I know how it feels to have something die inside you, be it ambition, wants or dreams.
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Marsha JJ »

One quote I quite liked was the one attributed to Lao-Tzu, "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
This quote resonates as it is a great reminder of being proactive and deliberate about the direction you choose. If not, you may get to the end of your journey wondering how you got to a place you never intended to go.
Mechito Mecherchito
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mechito-mecherchito.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Mechito Mecherchito »

For me, the best quote from this book is: "You Were Born to be Successful" This quote caught my attention because it gave me strength. The power of the fact that I am an important figure in my own life, and it is my decision whether I will be successful.
Bonventure Waswa
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Bonventure Waswa »

My favorite quote in the book is 'The tragedy of life is not death.' Really relevant
Harry Torsney
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harry-torsney.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Harry Torsney »

My favorite quote is: If you plan to be successful in life, “Being to Doing to Having” is the only way to go.

As a young innovator I am this is my favorite quote from this book because it sounds more than a motivation but also as a caution
BookwormReader007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookwormreader007.html
Latest Review: The First Time Father by Thomas Alfie

Post by BookwormReader007 »

My favourite quote in this book is "Your personality is your personal harp, from which you play your tunes. Your tunes contain your moods, your emotions, your feelings, and all those charming little quirks that make you you." I find this to be 100% true for me. Different people will bring out different aspects of ones personality. We are all unique in our own ways. So why not let your personality shine through. People will notice that and are attracted to that. For example, if you smile, they'll smile back and so forth. It's a rhythm in music. A smooth domino-effect as I see it. Always be yourself and express yourself. Your personality is a work of art, hence "playing your tunes".
Ogejoe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Ogejoe »

This was my favorite quote
If you plan to be successful in life, “Being to Doing to Having” is the only way to go.
Daniel Oluwabiyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-profeddy05.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Daniel Oluwabiyi »

My favourite quote is:“Pay attention to what you're paying attention to”. I love this quote so much because it helps combat my procrastination issues. It also helps set focus in my life. It is such a powerful statement.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

My best quote from the book is : "Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, and always ineffectiveness" - W.H. Murray. Once you commit, like a laser, Providence shows up from sources you can never imagine. I tried this after reading this book and it worked. Thanks.
Chidera agbata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chidera-agbata.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Chidera agbata »

I love this question. My favorite quote in this book was "The tragedy of life is not death; rather, it is what we let die inside of us while we live” by Norman Cousins. I wished this word won't leave my head. It really tutored me to do away the scorns of life. Live to impress yourself not others.
Alyssa Wakefield
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Currently Reading: Little Women
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alyssa-wakefield.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Alyssa Wakefield »

I remember after finished the book reading an interview in which the author mentions the Albert Einstein quote “ How you see the world depends upon where you’re standing.” This specially stuck with me because I think in modern times it’s easy to overlook just how much perspective impacts us all.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”