Experience with the exercises in The Maestro Monologue

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Re: Experience with the exercises in The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

There is nothing more complimentary that you can say to me, as the author of the book, than to say the exercises were revealing, Francis. When you use the exercises to reveal yourself to yourself, you are able to unconceal the remarkable truth about yourself, and that has you see yourself, in the world, very differently. That high vibration attracts higher circumstances that take you ever higher and higher on your quest to happiness and success. Thank you :) Rob
Thanna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thanna.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Thanna »

I do the exercise in chapter 2 often. And it has always helped me to realize the areas in my life that I have not deployed my full arsenal of potentials to chase.

The last question in that exercise is the one that helps me to decide on how to chase that particular task. The question demands that we answer sincerely if we are over-applying our reactions when we get stuck in situations.
George Baker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-george-baker.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by George Baker »

Although, I enjoyed the book and the concept of self actualization, I didn't see the need for the exercises outlined so I didn't do any.
Ella Oyieko
Favorite Book: The Mindset
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ella-oyieko.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Ella Oyieko »

The exercises were very helpful in understanding what was being put across. They could drive me into the thinking world and I ended up discovering a lot about myself.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

The exercises in my book allowed you to drive yourself into "the thinking world." I like that phrase, Ellen. Of course there's also the dark side of the "thinking world," where are fears and doubts reside. You know who thrives in that world ... the Intruder. :) Rob
Ruth Frances A
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rescuing General Patton
Currently Reading: Desperate Season
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-frances-a.html
Latest Review: Lucky by Spare Time Novels
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Ruth Frances A »

I tried all the exercises because the author uniquely guided the process. However, they all had their challenges because they involved stripping oneself bare in terms of who we currently are. That has been to be one of the most important yet difficult tasks ever. The “can- Nots” was the most stunning for me because I asked myself, “what the heck just happened?”
Aroma Perez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aroma-perez.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Aroma Perez »

I am not as well fond of incorporating and implementing certain provisions that every book tends to encourage. However, the exercise in Chapter 2 is quite helpful, and practicing it will indeed hone you to be the best version of yourself. The concept of “Can-NOTS” is engaging as well so I would try to revisit them.
Flourish_2022
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-2022.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Flourish_2022 »

The exercise on Appreciation and celebration has been of great help. I wake up everything grateful for all there is and celebrate my little wins. Patting myself for a job well done no matter how little.
Alice Fu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: What Every Teen Should Know About Money, Accumulating Wealth and Becoming a Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-fu.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Alice Fu »

I feel like the exercises were pretty cool, but they aren't exactly helpful in the long run unless you regularly use them as something to reflect on maybe once every couple of weeks
Precious Oba
Currently Reading: Bluewater walkabout into Africa
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-oba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Precious Oba »

I so much like the exercise that dealt with 'cannot'. I enjoyed it so much because it made me realise this mindset has limited my progress in life. And since then, I have been telling those that care to listen to me.
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

I have a friend who read my book and shared with me that the Seven Day Dare gave her an entirely new point of view about herself and her life. She said before the Seven Day Dare she would do whatever she had to do to get everyone to like her. That's the Intruder, through and through. That voice that would convince her that she was not good enough, so she should do whatever it takes to get everyone's acceptance - that's the Intruder's voice. She actually got that on Day Six of the Dare. She said, she now thinks twice before responding to people in her world. And that's because she wants her response to be from her good and beautiful nature, not from the Intruder and his flawed thoughts about her. I asked if I could share this, and she said, "Yes." Thank you, Rob
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

I just did my the 'can-NOT exercise' that you'll find in my book. I continually reference back to my book to remind myself of what I am truly up to, so I can get back on track. I found myself stubbornly saying I can-NOT possibly finish on time, writing an article I'm writing for a magazine. Well, guess what? I finished it on time... once I dealt with that stubborn can-NOT :) Rob
Nyasha Gogoma
Currently Reading: Mere Christianity
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyasha-gogoma.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Nyasha Gogoma »

Ems100 wrote: 02 May 2022, 07:36 I did quite a few of the exercises. Although keeping up with exercises especially those from books on a daily basis is quite difficult. It takes high level of discipline and diligence to keep up.
I know these exercises would indeed be very helpful if one could keep up with them diligently.
This is absolutely true! It's one thing to read about "overemphasizing my miss-understandings and then overapplying my nervous reaction" and jot down thoughts during the exercise, but it's quite another to see lasting change. If I only perform the exercises for as long as it takes me to read the book, and never again after that, change simply will not occur. It takes constant practice and mindfulness to change, and I'm afraid I just haven't mastered the commitment to do so yet. :|
ATaiwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ataiwo.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by ATaiwo »

I did all the exercises in the book. I did them because I was determined to be better, to master my life. I will definitely revisit them from time to time.
Moneybag
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moneybag.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Moneybag »

I did the exercise and it was of great benefit. Sometimes when the intruder wants to come in I rush back to try the exercise again.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”