What Intruders Can You Relate To?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Jackson ONeil
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jackson-oneil.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Re: What Intruders Can You Relate To?

Post by Jackson ONeil »

My biggest intruder is the idea of not having enough experience and/or knowledge in any given situation. There are many times when I overestimate my inabilities and lament things that can easily be rectified.
Fanny Lebura Ueh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fanny-lebura-ueh.html
Latest Review: Clueless & Headstrong by Eyvonne Black

Post by Fanny Lebura Ueh »

I think the intruder I deal with the most is procrastination. Also, self-pity and undersetimation are other intruders that I can relate to.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

Self-pity is one of the intruders I battle every day. If something I expected to work out later doesn't, I always fall into self-pity. I begin to feel guilty and blame myself for it. I sometimes feel the need to isolate myself from others because of this.
Chizor Adiza
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Chizor Adiza »

i quite agree with the thread of comments. Procrastination is the biggest intruder so far for me. Also, negative thought patterns. I daily and deliberately put up a fight to ward off negativity in my mind. With God on my side, I am constantly winning the battle.
Chizor Adiza
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Chizor Adiza »

i quite agree with the thread of comments. Procrastination is the biggest intruder so far for me. Also, negative thought patterns. I daily and deliberately put up a fight to ward off negativity in my mind. With God on my side, I am constantly winning the battle.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”