What Intruders Can You Relate To?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Elijah Bongfa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What Intruders Can You Relate To?

Post by Elijah Bongfa »

The major intruder I think I can relate to is procrastination. But I am now gradually overcoming the procrastination.
Raquel Sojo
Currently Reading: Egomaniac
Bookshelf Size: 410
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raquel-sojo.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Raquel Sojo »

For me, my biggest intruder is fear, especially fear of criticism, and letting it freeze me. Also, procrastination, even though in my brain I constantly go over my to-do list. And the worst, was the imposter syndrome, which made me abandon countless projects just because I didn't believe I was good enough or capable enough.
Moses mark joe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Moses mark joe »

Procrastination seems to be a more common problem than people think. My intruder is me always despising myself.
Its really a huge mountain that obstructs my advancement
Zolex Paula Avina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zolex-paula-avina.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Zolex Paula Avina »

One of the intruders I have frequently identified with, even from childhood, is procastination. I find myself a compulsive person so it's usually difficult for me to make a plan and stick to it. I'll always want to push it, even just a little, forward when the T-time comes.

Also, I am easily bedeviled by the intruder representing negative thoughts either developed on my own, or from the opinions of others. It's a problem I'm currently striving to solve.
kajal31
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajal31.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by kajal31 »

My intruder is self-doubt. I always think that I am worthy and unique, but when I am going to achieve my goal, I doubt myself, which shatters my confidence. I am improving this by reading books and practising confidence in uncomfortable situations.
Chidera agbata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chidera-agbata.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Chidera agbata »

My intruder is feeling worthless because I made a mistake I couldn't fix. But I've got to deal with it.
nidhi_27
Favorite Book: A Thousand Boy Kisses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nidhi-27.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by nidhi_27 »

My intruder makes me compare myself to others, making me feel very low about myself. I am always thinking what others think about me. But actually it's my intruder that makes me do it. I have to keep reminding myself that nobody cares about someone else neither should I care about other's opinions.
CatNationhood
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catnationhood.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by CatNationhood »

Mine is procrastination. This monster has almost destroyed my life. While I take full responsibility for my inability to master both my time and myself, this intruder that I fed with excuses and laziness kept growing. Anyways, I plan on getting to work and booting that out of my life for good.
Uwe Neufeld
Favorite Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Favorite Book: Treasure Island
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwe-neufeld.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
fav_author_id: 3039

Post by Uwe Neufeld »

Got a lot of intruders. Can't deal with all of them at once. Procrastination is certainly one of them. Till I'm completely free it will take time. I'll read the book once again.
Author Rob White deserves a great Thanks.
Avina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avina.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Avina »

I am a victim of many intruders some of which were mentioned in the book and others that are not. However, tbe intruder I most relate to is negative self perception. I am very quick to identify the negativity in my life and tend to dwell on them.

Also, I have this tendency to procastinate important and less important actions and activities in my life such that has direly affected my development as a person.
Shelby Ayres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelby-ayres.html
Latest Review: The Wrong Side of the Room by Norman Mathews

Post by Shelby Ayres »

I personally have had intruders infiltrate my life and ruin my self-worth and the positivity I try and keep. It is really difficult to have everything torn down and have to rebuild time and time again.
Limpho Mojakisane
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-limpho-mojakisane.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow

Post by Limpho Mojakisane »

LadyWhyte3 wrote: 02 May 2022, 01:52 Procrastination. It's a very subtle intruder that worms its way in and sticks for a very long time. I've had a battle with procrastination for years. While reading this book I realized I can not win this battle if I continue to regard procrastination as part of me. It is an intruder and must be driven out.
Funnily enough I also experienced the same thing. I learnt that this is an intruder that most of us battle with and this monologue has greatly helped me to identify it and therefore work on driving it out of my life.
Glorious Jack
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glorious-jack.html
Latest Review: The Frights of Fiji by Sunayna Prasad

Post by Glorious Jack »

My intruders are procrastination and a low self esteem. I have to remind myself every half hour that I am not a waste of space.
Wildflowertheorist
Currently Reading: Rise of the Savior
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wildflowertheorist.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Wildflowertheorist »

For me it's both of them procrastination and discouragement. Criticism leads to low self esteem and a bad mood.
"When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jenifer Payton
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Heart Bones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenifer-payton.html
Latest Review: Amulet's Rapture by Linnea Tanner

Post by Jenifer Payton »

I also experience procrastination a lot in my life with school. I often leave a lot of work until the last minute. I always get it done but it always stresses me out and after reading this book I realized that I need to start cutting back on how much I procrastinate.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”