What Intruders Can You Relate To?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Thompson Grace
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thompson-grace.html
Latest Review: Give insomnia the finger by Dr Feel Good

Re: What Intruders Can You Relate To?

Post by Thompson Grace »

Fear and low self-esteem has been my major intruders. Thank God I came across this book am getting some useful tips that could help me.
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Proof Readar »

My intruder that is always pressing is fear of offending people, but through reading of books and life's concepts, I've been practicing how to repress the intruder and it works.
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Proof Readar »

My intruder is fear of disapproval when I start something big. So, I end up setting a high standard of learning for myself where I could just start something. Though, they help me in some areas of my pursuits but not in all areas.
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

I face quite a number myself; low self esteem, telling myself I’m not beautiful enough, procrastination, fear, anxiety, loneliness, lack of commitment to a course.
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

I face quite a number myself; low self esteem, telling myself I’m not beautiful enough, procrastination, fear, anxiety, loneliness, lack of commitment to a course.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

Procrastination is the main intruder I can relate to. It has been the main weakness I have been trying to deal with over the years. Too much trust is another like it.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

Procrastination is my biggest intruder. I really just have things moved to the next day, everyday!
Rose Tamuno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-tamuno.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rose Tamuno »

Sharon Christanto wrote: 02 May 2022, 02:31 I also experienced procrastination. Second, I saw myself as a failure whenever I made a bad decision or did something wrong... I didn't want to try doing it again or fix the mistakes.
But after reading this book, I learned to change these negative mindsets and try to think more positively.
This is a problem that has plagued millions if not billions of people. Even me has gone through the ordeal that you have gone through when it comes to procrastination and see myself as less. I am glad that we have grown to a point where we now see it is important to work on the very way we see ourselves.
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html

Post by Azuka Jessica »

I can't relate to intruders in form of procrastination, laziness, low self esteem and lack of social life. There are more, though.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

Reading this book has helped me identify my intruder. My major intruders are constantly blaming myself for things I can't change and procrastination.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

I believe that procrastination is a more widespread issue than people realize. Self-blame has to be my second intruder. I often think I could be doing more, that a little extra effort here and a little tweak there would make a big difference. The outcome is a schedule-overwhelmed ball of melancholy that I turn to when everything comes tumbling down.
Mrunal Tikekar
Currently Reading: Heartquake
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrunal-tikekar.html
Latest Review: Out of the Uniform, Back into Civilian Life: No Nonsense Veterans Benefits Guid by Jason Pike

Post by Mrunal Tikekar »

My intruder would be a sense of loss of purpose. Whatever I do, I feel it’s not enough and there is nothing special about life I am leading. That’s discouraging and disheartening.
Fanny Lebura Ueh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fanny-lebura-ueh.html
Latest Review: Clueless & Headstrong by Eyvonne Black

Post by Fanny Lebura Ueh »

One of the invaders I battle every day is self-pity. When I expect something to work out later, I invariably fall into self-pity. I begin to feel guilty and hold myself accountable. Because of this, I occasionally prefer to isolate myself from others.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

One of the most pervasive invaders that many people experience is procrastination. Self-doubt and pessimistic thoughts would be the other intrusion. It gets difficult for me to keep focused on the objective once I start having second thoughts about my choice.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

One of the most pervasive invaders that many people experience is procrastination. Self-doubt and pessimistic thoughts would be the other intrusion. It gets difficult for me to keep focused on the objective once I start having second thoughts about my choice.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”