Ask the author Rob White

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Michael Jerry_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: A Big Blue Boat by Susea Spray

Re: Ask the author Rob White

Post by Michael Jerry_ »

My questions to Rob White:

1) Do you consider yourself a motivational writer
2) Were there any other books by other authors that you think might have influenced you as you wrote this one.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

I consider myself, Michael, a writer of reality. And I believe when reality is seen rightly it is very motivating. Hence, in some fashion I guess I would consider myself motivational with my writing. I'd prefer to think I am inspirational :)

And regarding your second question, Michael - have books I've read influenced my writing this book. Oh yes... so, so, so many books I've read, written by many philosophers and great writers of life, like Shakespeare and Emerson, and studying the works of the likes of Socrates and Aristotle.

Thank you for asking :) Rob
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

A lot of folks ask me "Why" did I write this book. Hmmm. I wrote this book because I felt I had to. I spent so many years studying the nature of what it means to be a human being, and then so many more years testing it out... what else could I do but talk about it with you? I had to :)

I am here to serve, as is everyone else (when we come from "The Maestro's" point of view), so what else could I do but write this book? Really! :)
Judyread
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judyread.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Judyread »

Do you really practice all you wrote in this book? If so how do you keep up with consistency?
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

Hi Judy :) Do I really practice what I preach in my book?

I do, most of the time, and I don't some of the time. I do much more than I don't, and I have reminders in place (all over the place), to jog me when I am not practicing the Maestro Monologue.

Being a human being offers us infinite choices of how to be, Judy. And when the Intruder interrupts my flow of thought with it's negative interpretation, you can be sure that, if I don't pay attention, I can find myself whining about something with the best of them. So much whining in the world these days; it's contagious. Hence I am aware of what I am aware of for the most part, and that is what gives me the privilege of intervening when my mind starts strolling down a negative thought stream.

We're always listening to something (chatter in our head), and turning the station when the chatter causes frustration - that's my responsibility, aye?

Thanks for asking :) Rob
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

Lydia asks me, "Did you feel at any time in your life that you were not who you thought you were?" I am continually thinking I am not who I think I am... even now, Lydia. That is the incredible blessing of being a human being. This is going to sound strange but here it is: "Being a human being is being a clearing for being whoever we choose to be in any moment." Wow, that's difficult to deal with, but I find that's what all profound thinkers get to at some point in their lives. And that is the fundamental principle upon which transformation is founded :) Rob
Adisapelumi5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adisapelumi5.html

Post by Adisapelumi5 »

I enjoyed the book and the message it was passing across. My question is how do you stop yourself from going back into that cycle of negative self-talk and self-doubt?
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

Great question Lisa: "how do you stop yourself from going back into that cycle of negative self-talk and self-doubt?" The actual Maestro Monologue that I offer in the book (the monologue itself), offers the answer. 1st comes awareness. The sooner you catch yourself spiraling downwardly with self-talk, the sooner you can call an MD (Marvelous Denial). Nothing feels more marvelous than to stop yourself in mid-sentence (when whining or complaining or blaming), by intervening and saying, "Now I am participating in woeful thinking, which is fraught with thoughts that are lies." Call yourself out for lying to yourself and complaining about how tough life is, or how you're being taken advantage of. That simply ain't true. Stand tall, and contest such disempowering BS. :) Rob
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

I love your 'ask the author' forum. I love that you asked me some great questions that required I truly look inside of me. You have been my mentors with this forum. I appreciate all of you folks at onlinebookclub for all that you have contributed to me this month :) Rob author: The Maestro Monologue
Essy Nma
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essy-nma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Essy Nma »

The book looks well researched. How do you get related quotes and ideas? Did you have them by the side already before you started writing the book?
Emmanuela Amasiobi
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuela-amasiobi.html
Latest Review: The Poison Of Perfection by Angela Wadley

Post by Emmanuela Amasiobi »

What was your greatest difficulty when writing this lovely piece?
Ikechukwu+12345
Currently Reading: TBD
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-12345.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Ikechukwu+12345 »

It is clear you wrote this book from life experience, but I will like to know if someone assisted you in writing this book? I will also want to know who inspired you?
Penny Ann Criswell Johnson
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Totem
Currently Reading: Snatched up to heaven
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-penny-ann-criswell-johnson.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Penny Ann Criswell Johnson »

Everything starts with a thought. Did Mr. White see a great need for this type of book? Was this book inspired by something more personal or deeper? The reason behind a masterpiece gives us the reader greater insight.
Prestige-best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prestige-best.html

Post by Prestige-best »

This book is fascinating and it affect the life of many. My question is aside the book is there any form of awareness?
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

My question to Rob is, how did you manage to come up with all the ideas you presented in this book? I mean most especially the one that delights me the most: ultimate understanding and critical addendum combining the physical and spiritual.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”