Ask the author Rob White

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Valeria Rotaru
Currently Reading: Of Human Bondage
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-rotaru.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Ask the author Rob White

Post by Valeria Rotaru »

What inspired you to become a writer and would you recommend to others to make a similar career choice?
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

Hi Valerie ... I think what makes being an author so exciting is that you get to "think for yourself." Most folks regurgitate what has been 'thunk' upon them, and they pass that off as 'thinking for themselves." As a writer, you have to step up and think abut 'that' which you think is worthy of thinking about. Very creative process. I believe anyone should jump in if they want to get their ideas out there, and they believe they have something valuable to say :)
Ammarah Azhar Khan
Favorite Author: Sarah J. Maas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ammarah-azhar-1.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 2719

Post by Ammarah Azhar Khan »

Sir I am an aspiring writer but I have very little self respect and am very conscious about it . Can you give an advice?
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

Hi Ammarah ... having little self-respect is a result of talking to yourslf about yourself in a disrespectful way. Catch yourself in that conversation. What you're saying, when you're talking to yourself that way, is a lie? You were born a rich and majestic child of infinite intelligence. During the terrible-two's when the 60,000 NO's came rolling in... you convinced yourself that you were flawed. That just ain't true. You were naive and innocent back then. You are wiser and older. Consider the truth for now on. You've got what it takes to win, and you can handle it when your self-talk goes down the wrong thought-stream :) Rob
Reading_Jack
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-jack.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Reading_Jack »

Did you write this book with aj audience in mind or you were talking to yourself and later on decided to publish it so that others can learn from it.
ShaniaGordon1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaniagordon1.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by ShaniaGordon1 »

The plot and everything were definitely favorable to me. How did you come up with this amazing title? Also, some metaphors are way too substantial and intriguing, as it has various symbolism. What inspire you to establish this piece and how long have you wrap it up?
third agbata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-third-agbata.html
Latest Review: The Ant Called Tiny by Miles Phillip Lewis

Post by third agbata »

Was this book written from ideas gotten from a group of people, or from your personal inspiration
Larnie_12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Larnie_12 »

Chimereucheya O wrote: 02 May 2022, 21:13 Does this book, in any way, a reflection of your experience or a fragment of your life?
Just same question I wanted to ask.
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

Hi Jack ... I wrote this book with "me" in mind, meaning that we all belong to the same 'human family' so i had everyone's interest in mind :)
Hi Shania ... the title of my book came to be while writing the book. I find that when we engage in life, life often kicks in to help out :) It took me 5 years to wrap it up, and it took me three decades of living to piece it together.
Hi Agbata ... I wrote the book 'from me,' meaning it was a consequence of my direct experiences of life :)
Hi Chimereucheya ... This book is most definitely a reflection of my experiences, and I was only able to reflect on them when I was open-minded enough to actually examine them :)
Rex Rexy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rex-rexy.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Rex Rexy »

I want to ask Rob how he got to know all the intriguing insights he shared in this book. Was it revealed to him? Did he infer from observations? The ideas and concepts are really deep.
Thompson Grace
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thompson-grace.html
Latest Review: Give insomnia the finger by Dr Feel Good

Post by Thompson Grace »

Please how can I deal with a situation whereby my addiction comes as an intruder?
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

Hi Thompson ... it sounds difficult to swallow, but you have to "own" the addiction before you can deal with it. The Intruder has convinced you that the addiction is of some value to you. If it hadn't convinced you of that, you wouldn't have kept the habit around so long. Once you take ownership of it (take responsibility for it), paradoxically, you now have power over it (rather than it having power over you).
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

Do you think humans can achieve everything you’ve mentioned as easily as your words make it seem?
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

I would like to ask the author what life has been after writing this book.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

This book has really helped me. What I want to ask him is, can this book be turned into a series?

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”