Ask the author Rob White

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Rhodahams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhodahams.html
Latest Review: Prisoner Prodigal Pawn by Robert Sparkman

Re: Ask the author Rob White

Post by Rhodahams »

I think I have just one question for the author. At what time did you come to realize the maestro and the intruder?
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

Hi Francis ... you ask, "What inspired me to write this book?" Thank you for jogging me to think about that. I believe I spent a lot of time unnecessarily suffering while growing up. By the way, do we ever finish growing up? And I felt that I wanted to help folks understand that what they "falsely understand about themselves" is the major cause of all their suffering. We're all alike, right? somehow, that drove me more than anything else to write the book. Blessings & thank you :) Rob
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

You ask, Rhodahams, "When did I come to realize The Maestro and the Intruder? Well, let's see now. At about age 17, I began having a yearning to exit the world I was living in (one filled with frustration and reactions), so that I might enter a fresh new world with fresh new possibilities. I believe that is what, over time, ripened my curiosity. And it was only when I was able to see where my old world existed - totally in my mind - that I began to see the way out, so I could enter into a world I fantasized about. And it was "the Intruder" I first spotted (that self-invented entity), before I truly got to clearly see The Maestro was right there, dwelling within me.

:) I hope that helps ... Rob
Lindiwe Chakhala
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Rich Dad Poor Dad: Cashflow Quadrant
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lindiwe-chakhala.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Lindiwe Chakhala »

Hello Rob,
Generally, self-help books "ring true" at certain points in peoples lives and at different ages.
1. If you were to read your book in the next 2 / 5 / 10 years, what would you hope your takeaway would be then?
2. Have you thought about the progression of your book over a reader's lifetime and their takeaways ? (e.g. a 25 year old university student grows to become a 31 year old office worker etc.
Thank you. :)
Zwelihle_Myeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zwelihle-myeni.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Zwelihle_Myeni »

I would like to ask the author, what made him write this book. Any specific inspirations or events that pushed him to write this book.
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

Hi Lindiwe; interesting question you pose: What might be the progression of my book over a reader's lifetime? I believe if a reader takes what I've said and applies it to her life, then any day, when a yucky dark cloud begins to descend over her, she will immediately remember something in the book that will help her march out from under it :) Thank you Rob
Esty_gab
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Esty_gab »

What was it that motivated you into putting this piece together?
Kayla Archer
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayla-archer.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Kayla Archer »

How much research went into the writing? Where did that research derive?
Simmons32
Currently Reading: Cengage Advantage Books
Bookshelf Size: 673
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simmons32.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Simmons32 »

First of all, The Maestro Monologue is excellent and I truly enjoyed what the author had to say. He quotes several bible scriptures throughout the book. What I would ask is if he ever connected this further in his mind. I think of God helping us to achieve peace in our lives and achieve our goals. The intruder could also be linked to the devil invading our thoughts. I was just curious if Rob White ever considered these thoughts while writing?
Ruth Frances A
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rescuing General Patton
Currently Reading: Desperate Season
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-frances-a.html
Latest Review: Lucky by Spare Time Novels
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Ruth Frances A »

Hello Rob, congratulations on writing this epic and widely acclaimed book. I am sure it took you quite a while to do so.

I have read the MM over and over again. One thing comes out critically for me. What can the wretched of the earth, the economically disadvantaged do to improve their lives. Is it through their leaders? Can anyone take risks when they are afraid it could backfire? They have no way of getting this information across to them. Since the book is recommended (by me and some others) for everyone except children, how can this book be promoted? Do you feel that you have made your “humble” contributions and say ok Rob, you have done your bit, the rest is up to them! Just asking please.
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

There is theology and there is philosophy, Simmons. I consider myself a philosopher, and therefore, out of absolute respect to theologians, I prefer to leave the theology to them. Thank you for asking :) Rob
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

Wow, that's a doozy of a query that you make, Ruth.

I believe I have a lot more work to do to get the messages in my book out to everyone who may be interested. Just writing the book is surely not enough for me. Our inner conversations give us our outer world, they give us our life. The question becomes, "Who is speaking to you on the inside - The Maestro or the Intruder?" My mission is to get that out there.

Also, Ruth, I believe the greatest quality contained in the whole human family is "changeability." And it is only when we access this quality, and do something with it, that we truly contribute to the evolution of all humanity. This, too, is a mission of mine. I will continue to play my part in making this known until the day I decide to slip over to the other side :)

Blessings and thank you ... Rob
Tebogo Eugene M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 241
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tebogo-eugene-m.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Tebogo Eugene M »

What is the motivation behind the Maestro book cover? Thank you
Flourish_2022
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-2022.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Flourish_2022 »

How did it feel putting together this great piece?
Ella Oyieko
Favorite Book: The Mindset
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ella-oyieko.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Ella Oyieko »

Why did you choose to focus your writing on the mind, and why the heading, 'Maestro monologue?'

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”