Ask the author Rob White

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Re: Ask the author Rob White

Post by Rob White »

I am happy to answer your questions honestly :)
1) Do I practice what I preach consistently? Sometimes! Being a human being I find that I fall off the horse and have to get back on. That is what it is to be a human being, for sure, Falling off and mounting the horse once again. We learn from our falls, aye?
2) HI ESSY: I got my related quotes and ideas from prolific note-taking while reading continually. Fortunately I love taking notes :)
3) HI CHICLAIRE: My greatest difficulty while writing this book was deleting stuff that should be deleted. Oh how we hate to erase anything we create. Sometimes, for sure though, it's necessary to do :)
4) HI IKECHUKWU: No one assisted me in writing the book, and everyone assisted me in writing the book. Everyone I meet is my teacher. Hence, that is how everyone I've met has played a part in the writing of the book :)
5) HI PENNY: The idea of "NO" began the show for me. I was intrigued with how many times we use the word "NO" in our daily conversations... and from that, the book began :)
6) HI PRESTIGE: Awareness is key to aliveness. Every living being is alive to the extent that 'that being' is aware. We are born to naturally be aware, but then we lose it when we become ensnared in patterns of thought and behavior that turn us into machines.
7) HI NEDIM: I came up with all the ideas in my book while I was asleep. I cannot tell you how many times I woke up in the middle of the night and had to go to my computer to write down a new idea :)
Ruthwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthwriter.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Ruthwriter »

Why did the author choose this title? when will the writer write something like this again?
THUN963
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thun963.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by THUN963 »

I would like to ask the author where he drew his inspiration to write this book and how has it impacted him as the author?
jemimapaul
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by jemimapaul »

I see many Bible verses quoted in the book. Are you a Christian?
hana_me
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hana-me.html
Latest Review: OUCH! The Pain of Modern Civilization by Dr. Ajay Issar & Alka Issar

Post by hana_me »

I'm always intrigued, what made you write this book?
George Myles
Favorite Book: Randy the Irresistible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-george-myles.html
Latest Review: ABM is B2B. by Sangram Vajre

Post by George Myles »

The Maestro Monologue was an excellent book. Thank you, Rob. I had many questions, but most have all been answered above. Allow me to ask you when you will be writing more books for us. I'm so anxious to read them.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

If I may answer several questions together :)
1) Hi Ruth: I didn't choose this title, this title chose me. The words, "The Maestro Monologue" came to me while I was walking with my parrot friend of 38 years (Shakespeare on my shoulder). The words came out of the blue. I was 80% complete with writing my book, and not sure what the title might be. I am writing another book as I write this response to you :)
2) Hi Thun: I drew my inspiration for writing this book from reading great books and thinking, "Why not me? I have something to say, why not put it down and share it with others?" My book has impacted me in many ways. The more I share the deeper I am able to drive my own life-lessons deeper into my consciousness :)
3) Hi Jemima: Theology interest me, as does psychology and philosophy, and mythology. And I do not declare myself to be a member of any specific religion :)
4) Hi Hana: I 'made me' write this book. By that I mean - I 'decided' to write the book all on my own. I did not require any outside force to convince me :)
5) Hi George: My newest book (in production), will be out at the end of the year or so. That is if all goes as I see it. I've not yet titled it, and it will be about the profound mystery of what it is to be a human being. I will take the subject - human being - to a very different level. For example, human beings are not being human until they learn how to language their thoughts. Sounds bazaar? Sounds sacrilegious? Sounds insane? Wait and see :)
Shelby Ayres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelby-ayres.html
Latest Review: The Wrong Side of the Room by Norman Mathews

Post by Shelby Ayres »

My question to the author is how did you come up with these topics? Was it an experience of some kind?
Limpho Mojakisane
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-limpho-mojakisane.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow

Post by Limpho Mojakisane »

Rob White wrote: 03 May 2022, 10:36 Thank you, all of you, for having some interest in who I am and why I wrote this book. Briefly, in my youth I was introduced to the conversation, "Get out of my way!" By that I mean I was taught: life is tough and I have to be tough to get through life. That was my mantra for many years. When some small, kindly occurrences began to create a clearing for something new, it effected me to the extent that I ripped open space, newly, to begin seeing myself and the world differently. With that passion and curiosity, I began my journey upwardly. I wrote this book specifically to share my findings with the world. I can only own it if I give it away, aye? I hope this satisfies you a little bit with "Why" I wrote this book. Thank you :) Rob
Well, I am grateful for those small occurrences that helped you to change your way of thinking because, here you are helping us to also improve our mindsets. Thank you for this great book.
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

Hi Limpho, Thank you for thanking me for writing this book. We all appreciate appreciation, don't we. And I thank the truth for revealing itself to me so I could share it with readers like you. The truth being this: "Being a human being is having the freedom to be who you want to be i n the face of any adversity." That's when life gets interesting, aye ? :) Rob

Hi Shelby, you ask "How did I come up with the topics that I write about in my book?" I believe the topics selected me; I did not select them. By that I mean this: I was willing to be awake and aware of the experiences I was having in life. By "awake and aware" I mean that I was willing to look deeper into them than what the drama or soap opera or 'my story' was telling me. I was willing to get to the bottom and see what was there. My book is about what's there underneath all the stuff that seems to be there in our lives :) Rob
Chidera agbata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chidera-agbata.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Chidera agbata »

Was this book in anyway written from an experience you once had.
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

Hi Chidera, I wrote this book to share my life, which is 'your life.' We are all human beings, being human... and it's the 'being human' part that can get confusing. Hence, by sharing what occurs to all of us as human beings, we all get to not only know ourselves better, but get to know everyone else a little better :) Thank you, Rob
RoyHunter2000
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-royhunter2000.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by RoyHunter2000 »

I want to ask what inspired the author to write this book and how he selected the character that fits well in this literary piece.
Mechito Mecherchito
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mechito-mecherchito.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Mechito Mecherchito »

You have interesting ideas in the book, I wonder how you worked on yourself? Wasn't that difficult? And if you ever thought that you might not have been successful? Have you thought about giving up and how did you deal with those thoughts?
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

Hi Mechito :)

1) I tested out all of my ideas in my daily life to validate that they work. Making progress is less about “making progress” than it was about dropping my act, which stops me from naturally making progress.
2) It takes courage to be aware of myself so that you may improve myself. It calls for total transparency with myself, which is something we rarely do. When I own who I am being, my habits no longer have me; I have them and I can do something about them.
3) I have thought, "What if I don't succeed?" That is part of being human - thinking that way. The trick is to catch myself when I get caught in that mindset and then apply the actual monologue, offered by the Maestro, to the moment.
40 I have thought, "Should I just give up?" However I immediately assess that question as unhealthy, with no possibilities. I then speak to myself in a powerful way. I talk straight about the foolish idea of giving up. That's when possibilities arise beyond my whining, and I recognize those possibilities as opportunities to advance once again.

I hope that helps Mechito :) Rob

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”