Religious Background

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Re: Religious Background

Post by Emeka Emordi »

The inclusion of religious writings didn't, in my opinion, have any significant impact on how I felt about the book. Any person of any faith can benefit from the book's and activities' universal messages.
Rose Tamuno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-tamuno.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rose Tamuno »

Hellen Muriithi wrote: 02 May 2022, 09:33 Most self-help books draw their illustrations and reference point from religious texts or doctrines. The Maestro Monologue , for example, extensively utilized scripture texts from the Bible as source of authority, on which the Rob White lay foundations for his discussions. Do you believe that this is strength that most self-help books need to capitalize on? Or do you think this may put off potential readers, who may not relate to the scripture text used? For instance, do you think a Muslim and a Hindu would enjoy this text as much as Christians would?
I think a Muslim or Hindu will benefit greatly from reading this book because it is not a book that preaches the love of the day at or any dd4l for that matter. Its lessons can be used by everyone regardless of what they believe in.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

I agree with you on this. Although I am a free reader I believe not everyone would be comfortable reading something contrary to his/her faith in a book irrespective of how powerful the book might be or not.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

Well, the majority of the Bible's writings are both factual and not genuinely religious. I don't believe that a non-beliefs Christian's and religious views would be impacted in any way by the borrowing of such writings.
Fanny Lebura Ueh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fanny-lebura-ueh.html
Latest Review: Clueless & Headstrong by Eyvonne Black

Post by Fanny Lebura Ueh »

I don't believe it was written only for Christian readers. Even if the message is based on Christian scripture, I don't think it excludes people of other religions or none at all. The biblical allusions are straightforward truths that everyone may accept. Simply because it is from the Bible should not be grounds for rejection.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

The majority of the time, spiritual literature are excellent histories filled with wonderful experiences. The inclusion of religious texts didn't change how I felt about the book in my opinion. Any person, regardless of religion, can benefit from the lessons in the book and exercises since anyone who ignores history runs the risk of making the same mistakes.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

The majority of the time, spiritual literature are excellent histories filled with wonderful experiences. The inclusion of religious texts didn't change how I felt about the book in my opinion. Any person, regardless of religion, can benefit from the lessons in the book and exercises since anyone who ignores history runs the risk of making the same mistakes.
Khasheem
Currently Reading: Prince of Fools
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khasheem.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Khasheem »

I'm a Hindu, and I didn't really mind the bible verses. It's not like the author was preaching Christianity or telling me to convert or anything. He was jusy using the verses as a crutch, and they did help prove his point. I think most people wouldn't be too bothered by it.
Donna Walker
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vitality System
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donna-walker.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Donna Walker »

Hellen Muriithi wrote: 02 May 2022, 09:33 Most self-help books draw their illustrations and reference point from religious texts or doctrines. The Maestro Monologue , for example, extensively utilized scripture texts from the Bible as source of authority, on which the Rob White lay foundations for his discussions. Do you believe that this is strength that most self-help books need to capitalize on? Or do you think this may put off potential readers, who may not relate to the scripture text used? For instance, do you think a Muslim and a Hindu would enjoy this text as much as Christians would?
This book turned me off because of the Christian element. I would have never selected it for review if I had known that there would be multiple, never-ending bible quotes. I heard enough of that in school. I'm a spiritual person now. I have found my higher power, and I really did not appreciate the Christian nature of this book. So I can say for sure that this book is not going to be enjoyed by people of another faith. I also really disliked the title. 
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

Sincerily, I didn't find that the inclusion of religious writings had any impact on how I felt about the book. Each person, from any belief system, can use the book's and exercises' messages.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”