Religious Background

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Re: Religious Background

Post by Waliyat_24 »

It's very distracting to fit other religions. Even as a Christian, I'll prefer to read something different from what I've been reading, told or listening to all my life, but it will still arrive at the same point it means.
Chinaka94
Currently Reading: Making Her His
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaka94.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chinaka94 »

A lot of self-help books do not draw strength from religious doctrines and are based on universally accepted Life principles. But for the ones that are, whether a reader is put off or not depends on how open-minded they are. The less conservative a reader is, the less likely it is that they would be put off by references relating to a specific religion.
ATaiwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ataiwo.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by ATaiwo »

While I do not have any problem with borrowing text from holy books to buttress a point, I feel like doing that may limit that book's audience. Some people who do not share the faith of the author may be Pitt off when they discover that texts from his holy books were used.
Tory Munyandi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tory-munyandi.html
Latest Review: Stupid Divorce by Vincent Fudge II

Post by Tory Munyandi »

The principal message the book is trying to relay can be used universally . However, I do think that the use of Bible text limits the audience.
Rawdat George
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rawdat-george.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Rawdat George »

I think Muslims and Hindus would enjoy this book because there is so much to learn from it. I do not think that the author's aim is to concert anybody to Christianity when he added to scriptures. What matters is that they stand to gain a lot from this book
KafeliKe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kafelike.html
Latest Review: The Party Line by Dennis D. Gagnon

Post by KafeliKe »

Regardless of how many scriptural quotes the authors of these self-help books use, they must consider the book's intended audience. If the author incorporates biblical quotes, for example, he or she must target Christian audiences in order for it to be relevant. In the case of this book, a Muslim and a Hindu, in my opinion, will not gain anything from it because they are unfamiliar with the holy writings.
Adisapelumi5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adisapelumi5.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Adisapelumi5 »

I didn't find the use of texts from the Bible to be distracting at all. The message conveyed by the author was understood by me.
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Peace10 »

The use of scriptures in the book will make it look unattractive to other religions. Even as a Christian, i wouldn’t have minded something different from what I’ve always known.
Penny Ann Criswell Johnson
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Totem
Currently Reading: Snatched up to heaven
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-penny-ann-criswell-johnson.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Penny Ann Criswell Johnson »

The use of Scripture in books narrows the niche. I personally do not believe it deters people from reading the material. But, those who enjoy that type of book will more than likely have like minded friends they can refer to the book. The best marketing is word of mouth.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

I am an author of the book and I am a student of the book. Just as I am a student of many other books. Some of the great books of all times are books of theology. Religion is certainly a mainstay diet of many. I appreciate that you were honest with your opinions about religion and my book. I appreciate, most of all, your honesty. it is always a remarkable feeling to be in the presence of folks who speak genuinely from their heart. You onlinebookclub folks do that to a tee. Thank you, Thank you ... rob author: The Maestro Monologue
Stephen Ogunwale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeyemi-stephen.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Stephen Ogunwale »

In simple terms, the book is relatively written to appeal to every living soul out there irrespective of one’s religious inclinations. Also, It is paramount that as a reader, one should try to act neutral while reading a book. That way one tends to see from every possible view that the writer could be writing from.
Valar Morghulis, Valar Dohaerys. 🦅⚓🖤
Essy Nma
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essy-nma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Essy Nma »

The book applies to everyone whether Christian or not because of the general life principles. I think the scriptures helped me in understanding the book better.
Emmanuela Amasiobi
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuela-amasiobi.html
Latest Review: The Poison Of Perfection by Angela Wadley

Post by Emmanuela Amasiobi »

I appreciate the religious contexts in this book and although people from other religious backgrounds may find it disturbing,I feel it's best to pick out the good lessons for one's own good.
seyi Aralepo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seyi-aralepo.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by seyi Aralepo »

Most scripture quotes used in the book are not strictly religious. They are simply the truth and basic examples of life lessons. I believe reading this book with an open mind, irrespective of your religion, will open you up to new possibilities.
Frank Mutuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frank-mutuma.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Frank Mutuma »

I think using religious texts would definitely limit the audience. Some people might find it like some form of betrayal to their religion to read texts from the bible

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”