The Maestro’s Humanity

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Owuamanam Eberechukwu
Currently Reading: All will be revealed
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-owuamanam-eberechukwu.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa

The Maestro’s Humanity

Post by Owuamanam Eberechukwu »

I feel success most times changes people. We can compromise our values and standards for success. The maestro mindset according to Rob White is the success mindset and it’s incredible. Howbeit, what if being successful or activating the maestro in us involves going against our humanity.
Can being a maestro make us more human or would it challenge the core identity and recognition of our common humanity?
"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."
Tracee Ellis Ross
Etini Willie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-etini-willie.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Etini Willie »

The book in page 243 states that when living with WOW you hold yourself accountable for acting generously and honourably. The WOW life according to the book gives one a drive to find satisfaction in the betterment of everyone that you meet. Page 244.

This implies that if you achieve success by following the guidelines highlighted in this book, you would understand that success is a gift for you to better humanity and society.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

I appreciate that you folks have brought up this topic - being a human being in a world of human beings. A primal truth to living a productive, loving, satisfying life is to be authentically "you." And when you are the "real deal," you naturally see the incredible gift everyone is to the advancement of humanity, and you supporting everyone on their journey. I love your energy :) Rob
Rebecca Flores
Currently Reading: Nightlord: Sunset
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-flores.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by Rebecca Flores »

I feel like you have to continue to be the Maestro, and not allow the success to change your core. So many people reach success and are like "I'm done." Then they forget to do all the things that brought them success in the first place. Finding success in one thing is not the end of the road. You must continue the journey as the Maestro in your life.
Abby Smith 5
Currently Reading: Run Rose Run
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abby-smith-5.html
Latest Review: Loving Preston by Maria Pryor Herndon

Post by Abby Smith 5 »

I don’t think you can let the success change you. Being successful and staying true to yourself can be used to change the world around you and help better those around you.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

I have found humanity (the whole human family) to be absolutely fascinating. That is what I h ope I got across in this book (The Maestro Monologue). Being a human being is "an event," it's "a happening," it's "a verb." We are forever unconcealing what we've been concealing about ourselves (our infinite beauty). At least, that's what our lives are supposed to be about. When I see myself that way, I am incredibly flexible. When I see myself as "a noun," as "a thing," then I say "This is just the way I am." I never want to put that curse upon myself again :)
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

Mr. White just said,
A primal truth to living a productive, loving, satisfying life is to be authentically "you."

So true. When you hear about success negatively changing a person, that person's success is flawed and will create unwanted effects in other aspects of their lives. Being "authentically you" includes not just you as an individual but also as a family member, group member, and member of humankind, nature, and the universe. The best decisions and actions for success include your role in these parts of life.
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

Being a human being is very different than being any other kind of being on this planet. To be creative and authentic, I have to stand in the a clearing of "nothingness," free from my entire case-history... and in that clearing I was able to invent myself anew... from mill-town boy to college grad to 17 years teaching in a large city to two decades as an incredibly successful bi-coastal real estate developer to a decade as an outrageously successful restaurateur to being a dare-devil race car driver to book author to philosopher. And none of that makes me special, of that I am absolutely certain. For that is what is available (and better) to all of humanity. I hope my book makes this clear to all of you :)
Rebecca Flores
Currently Reading: Nightlord: Sunset
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-flores.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by Rebecca Flores »

Rob White wrote: 04 May 2022, 11:51 I have found humanity (the whole human family) to be absolutely fascinating. That is what I h ope I got across in this book (The Maestro Monologue). Being a human being is "an event," it's "a happening," it's "a verb." We are forever unconcealing what we've been concealing about ourselves (our infinite beauty). At least, that's what our lives are supposed to be about. When I see myself that way, I am incredibly flexible. When I see myself as "a noun," as "a thing," then I say "This is just the way I am." I never want to put that curse upon myself again :)
WOW. I never looked at it like a curse, but it so is. If you are not able to be flexible and change then how can you ever obtain what you go for. If I did not change in my profession of teaching then I would never be able to reach my students. That is a very thought provoking idea from the author. Thank you! :eusa-think:
Lydia Efobi 1
Favorite Book: Love Hypothesis
Currently Reading: Six of Crows
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lydia-efobi-1.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Lydia Efobi 1 »

So many people once they've reached a particular height, do not see the need to continue to pursue. Or some people do some inhumane things that question if they are humans. Sometimes the wrong way of attaining success completely changes your mindset.
Blessing E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-e.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Blessing E »

Keep the growth mindset in mind. If possible, achieve success through the legal way. It's simple, success achieved in the right way speaks for itself.
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

For you to have a good and lasting successful life you must have a maestro mindset all the time, don't allow success to change your real identity. As for me, maestro and success are interwoven. For an individual to make a generational impact, you must not allow success to affect your core identity.
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

I love inquiries like this one. When we're willing to inquire into the idea of humanity and our part in all of that - we are able to explain ourselves to ourselves in ways that can have a positive impact. I appreciate all of you for taking a moment to reflect on yourself and your role as a member of the whole human family. What it is to be a human being is an unanswerable question, it is so vast. Yet asking that question gives us an opening to our vastness. Thank you, Rob
stylesreview
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stylesreview.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by stylesreview »

Rob White wrote: 04 May 2022, 11:51 I have found humanity (the whole human family) to be absolutely fascinating. That is what I hope I got across in this book (The Maestro Monologue). Being a human being is "an event," it's "a happening," it's "a verb." We are forever unconcealing what we've been concealing about ourselves (our infinite beauty). At least, that's what our lives are supposed to be about. When I see myself that way, I am incredibly flexible. When I see myself as "a noun," as "a thing," then I say "This is just the way I am." I never want to put that curse upon myself again :)

I agree with Mr. White. Being the Maestro is a continuous process. It's a journey. We continuously shed parts of ourselves as we acquire new identities, thought patterns and the like. As we get in tune with ourselves, we also try to help others be in tune with their Maestros. So I think it does help us become more human.
Cheryl Erickson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

Success does change people. But they shouldn't have to compromise their values and standards in order to be successful. To me, choosing to live with a maestro mindset means that you are always evolving as a lifelong learner. There is not a finish line. It is a continuous process to know yourself, improve yourself, and live the WOW life!

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”