The Maestro’s Humanity

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Muna Chizzy
Currently Reading: Gardening With Guns
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muna-chizzy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Re: The Maestro’s Humanity

Post by Muna Chizzy »

I think this is based on each individual. Some people after activating their maestro would start becoming inhumane. They would want to give back what life gave them when they were not maestros of themselves. While some with the success they achieved would show more humanity.
EssyJ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essyj.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by EssyJ »

I do not understand your idea of humanity and why it's so important. If we go with what we should be, then we can, for instance, say we are naturally selfish. But the whole point of living and improving our lives is to ensure we go against this natural character and act as selflessly as we possibly can. Humanity, I believe, is about striving for higher ideals and not just giving in to what we think we should naturally be. I, therefore, do not believe in core identity as you put it.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

When I refer to "humanity," EssyJ, I am referring to every being who is being a human being. And that's all of us folks :) It's interesting, but when we are naturally "selfish" we love to serve others. We love the feeling we get when we are in service to others. That's just the natural way of life - everything in service to everything else. So then, as I see it, that is a good thing. And that is very different from being egocentrically selfish, which is all about "me, me, me." That is the Intruder, in all of its vainglorious boasting. "Core identity" for me is when we human beings are being a possibility for remarkable possibilities, which comes when we are forever living to serve (not gimme), in some way. Now, that is a contribution to the evolution of all humanity, aye? Thank you :) Rob
Vivian Amponsah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Vivian Amponsah »

I think believe the maestro humanity is being humane.
The act of challenging oneself in finding yourself entails a lot of sacrifices. When you have to let go of everything that is preventing your success. The comfort, the desires and so many. The maestro humanity is a true one.
Ternia C
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ternia-c.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ternia C »

I never thought about this aspect of humanity while reading the book. I think it's besides the point of the book.

Humanity are the qualities that make us human, being able to love, care for others, respect, empathy etc etc.

The book focus on unlearning the 'bad lessons' we adopted while facing and failing at challenges.
The maestro helps guide us to be more in tune to our inner strengths. That's why I don't understand how "activating their maestro would start becoming inhumane" would be related to this book.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

It's interesting, isn't it Lydia, that sometimes the wrong way to attaining success can change your mindset, which can lead to a right way. That's when we turn our lemons into lemonade. Corny but true!

Just by being aware of my tone of your energy, when I am doing something, can be a great wake-up call. That's when it's wise for me to ask, "How can I see this task differently so I can change the tone of my energy, which will guarantee the outcome is good for everyone concerned, including me?" Oh the power of healthy questions like that... which I asked myself continuously when writing this book.

Thank you for reminding of this, Lydia :) Rob
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

The more I ponder the idea of "The Maestro's humanity," the more that idea intrigues me, especially given I wrote the book. Strangely, it seems, as my father would say to me, when I did something stupid while growing up, "It seems, Bobby, that you don't know what's good for you and what's bad for you."

I believe each and every one of us, as The Maestro, contributes to the evolution of humanity by noticing if what we're doing is good or bad for the happiness and health of the whole human family.

This can be an interesting topic, indeed :) Rob
Ndicka99
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndicka99.html
Latest Review: Seeking... Finding... Healing... by Becky Lu Jackson

Post by Ndicka99 »

Sometimes, the road to success demands a certain level of ruthlessness that the morally rigid person may not be able to compromise on. However, some successes will enforce one's humanity than others.
Arianne Joy Melendres
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arianne-joy-melendres.html
Latest Review: The graveyard and other poems by Mae Bea Sayes

Post by Arianne Joy Melendres »

There are a lot of things to say but I think this encompasses all of it: the growth mindset.
Ola_Elise
Currently Reading: The Dream Keepers
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ola-elise.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ola_Elise »

Many people achieve success and then declare, "I'm done." Then they forget to do all of the things that led to their initial success. It is not enough to achieve success in one area. You must continue on your life's journey as the Maestro, not letting your success alter your essential values. 
Books are a unique form of accessible magic. Reading is required for those who wish to rise above the mundane. If you dislike reading, it's most likely because you haven't found the right book.
Fanny Lebura Ueh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fanny-lebura-ueh.html
Latest Review: Jason's Magic Journeys by Sylvia Hebden

Post by Fanny Lebura Ueh »

Every great achievement unlocks a good and part. In theory, success should help you understand humanity better because you were once unsuccessful. However, different people react differently.
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

I love your comment, Cheryl: "choosing to live with a maestro mindset means that you are always evolving as a lifelong learner. There is not a finish line. It is a continuous process to know yourself, improve yourself, and live the WOW life!" Thank you for sharing that, and I hope I made that apparent in my book.

Indeed, as The Maestro, you are ever evolving; there is no limit to your unrealized potential. If all day, ever day, you practiced doing what you were doing with an alert and inquiring mind - it wouldn't be long before you came to realize, "the more I come to know about myself, with my vast unrealized potential, the more I come to realize there's so much more to know about myself."

Thank you Cheryl :) Rob
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

"Success should help you understand humanity." I am delighted that you came to this conclusion, and I hope my book helped you with that, Beebar.

After succeesing, when we feel love or passion or joy, or any other kind of real satisfaction - those "feelings," not the success itself, are what help us understand the whole human family (all of humanity) a little better.

Thank you :) Rob
Chinenye Achilike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-achilike.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Chinenye Achilike »

Being a maestro compels one to be more humane in character. It makes us see the good in ourselves while motivating us to bring out the best in other people as well.
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

When I was a kid my Uncle Fred gave me a gift for my birthday. It was string and sticks and paper, as far as I could tell. He then said, "When we put this together, Bobby, you will have a kite that will fly high in the sky." Well, my goodness... we did that, and that is precisely what happened.

The Maestro within you sees you as a perfect example of humanity, ready to fly high. The Maestro wants to help you assemble yourself in a way that you go out into life and do that precisely: fly high with joyful self-expression. I hope my book helps you to recognize that :) Rob

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”